Crash.Net User: Nigel Tasker

Comments rating: 1044
Position in rating: 100

Show Comments on:

Nigel Tasker

July 18, 2012 10:11 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi, Marlboro and Yamaha

Yes I read that on the Spanish site and it's certainly a interesting read. I don't see any reason why Marlboro could not sponsor Yamaha next year, I didn't realize there was a limit as to how many teams a sponsor can sign up to. Can anyone think of a good reason why a rider like Rossi would want to stay with a losing team? I personally would love to see Rossi on a Honda because it would be a different bike to Lorenzo & I think it would be interesting to see them battle it out, I know who my money would be on.

Nigel Tasker

July 18, 2012 8:22 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: New engine 'not ready', ECU fall

It is about time we had some good posters on this site, it is great to post and have no one bitching back. Now as you may or may not know, i'm a huge Rossi fan and have watched him like many of us have since the start, so for those of us that have & I mean I have not missed a single race or qualifying in about 13 years in motogp. I would say looking at rossi he still has it, I can tell you that reading one of Rossi's books he in one determined man, I bet he is seething inside, but you can only work with what you are given, i don't care how good you are sometimes if something is just not right then man & machine can not get on, this is the situation at Ducati. I'm certain that Rossi is doing the best he can, I'm not so sure that Ducati are, rossi has stated he is giving direction to Ducati, but they are failling to deliver what he wants. Remember when he went to Yamaha, the first test they give him the bike, he told them that there was various issues to deal with suggested certain f

Nigel Tasker

July 17, 2012 11:09 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: New engine 'not ready', ECU fall

Ted, yes I think we are really saying the same thing, reading that report on the dutch site I would say there is mileage in Rossi returning to Yamaha works team. Think about whats been going on and said, Lorenzo has commented about working with him again next year, there has also been a couple of new sponsors announced at Yamaha in the past couple of weeks. Now Honda have come out and said that they would give him a bike & back him in a satellite team, it does seem as there is behind the scenes a scramble on to sign Rossi, I mean what team would not want him. Anyone watching the last race & I picked up upon the commentators remarks of, just look at the crowd around rossi on the grid, he is still a top draw and a magnet for sponsors. I would not give him any more than a couple of test's & maybe 1 or 2 races if he re signs for Yamaha before he wins again.

Nigel Tasker

July 17, 2012 10:30 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: New engine 'not ready', ECU fall

Well it seems most people are in agreement now, it appears that Ducati just do not either understand the importance of speed of development or just dont have the resources to carry this task out in a timely manner. The ECU glitch can happen to anyone any time so I would not get too pi$$ed off about that, the engine development is where Rossi has said is a serious issue, they have let him down. The Chassis alterations are starting to pay and I think the Rossi Burgess combination is starting to pay back, remember that there is reputedly another 80% of the upgrade that was missing on monday so that seems to suggest that there is much more to come yet. however if it's not ready until September, nearly the end of the season well they may as well forget it, by then the others, namely honda & yamaha will have moved on some more so they will be just as far behind at this rate. Get ya skates on Ducati, hmm get some Rocket fuel added too you'll need it.

Nigel Tasker

July 16, 2012 9:19 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: New engine 'not ready', ECU fall

I dont think some of the people watching can see the big picture here. For those of you that can not see what is going on here it's simple, rossi does not have the confidence to push the bike, I think he has the bikes limit sorted now as there is not many mistakes happening with him now. Listening to him today although there have been some glitches today Rossi did say that when they moved the weight he felt the bike much easier to ride, the ecu did provide a slight improvement, pitty it gave up. The engine upgrade is the real disappointing thing as they did not bring a big upgrade for it like they promised Rossi months ago. This is a shame and surely down to cost or lack of planning, one things for sure Ducati need to get upto speed on the development side. All in all though the improvements are there but only in race trim so far, I think once Rossi has the chassis sorted a smoother power delivery then we should see Rossi much nearer the front.

Nigel Tasker

July 15, 2012 7:37 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi one-second from home podium

There is clear progress being made now, you only need to look at the time behind Lorenzo who seems to be now in a league of his own. If Ducati can sort out the issues with the cornering issues then it will help no end, that's what makes the Yamaha such a good bike. However I have heard that the planned engine upgrades Vale had asked for have been watered down and now will be just very minor updates for the engine package, Rossi wanted major updates for the engine and he's not going to get them unless something has changed. Let's hope Audi give Ducati a kick up the rear end and make them deliver what Rossi wants.

Nigel Tasker

July 14, 2012 8:17 PM

MotoGP » Rossi laments soft-tyre woes, expects better race

I think it's plain to see Rossi just can not qualify on this bike, he's losing all his time in the final sector on the hard tyre, apart from that he's not too bad, he may be able to keep up with them in the race because sector 1-3 he is quick, he will lose a tiny bit on the last corner, then make up the gap on the striaght. Unless they can cure the corner issue with this bike bale out vale, or even better Crutchlow may be sign up with Ducati and take your place, I'm sure that would force your hand and get out of that team, go and plead with Yamaha to get your old job back. I'm certain you would still be more than a match for Lorenzo on your old bike which is basically the same chassis wise as when you left. Good luck for tomorrow Vale.

Nigel Tasker

July 04, 2012 10:07 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: We’ll see where we stand

This bike is a pile of crap and that's the bottom line. I personally would like to see him back at Honda, reason being we could see Rossi & Lorenzo on 2 different bikes so would make things interesting and I reckon there would be some serious fairing bashing going on. But I would not rule out a return to Yamaha, Lin Jarvis is now open to the idea & Lorenzo has already publicly stated he would welcome Rossi back. Now you can forget much in the way of engine development from Ducati because they have virtually told Rossi they are not doing what he asked for. From what I understand Ducati are telling the world they are doing 1 thing & in reality they are doing either their own thing or ****** all. what a shame, get yourself out of there Valentino

Nigel Tasker

April 14, 2012 6:46 PM

F1 » Vettel (yes, Vettel) misses Q2 cut

This really confirms alot of peoples views on vettel, he is not the driver we was being told he was, I knew he was know where near as good as he was being made out to be. It was so easy for him last 2 years in a far superior car to anything else. We will see how good he is now, he is nowhere near in Schumachers league, who now he has a car thats capable of competing is back at the front.

Nigel Tasker

April 12, 2012 10:24 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi lashes out after Qatar nightmare

I think you will find Honda would take Rossi back any day of the week, I'm certain on that bike he would be more than a match for Casey & Danny, I'm sure that many will disagree but that is up to them. No need to slag me off though just for my views, i'm one of the ones who said Rossi would win on the Ducati, well how wrong I was, no point in getting mad over it though, that's how it is. I don't remember Rossi leaving Yamaha in a huff either so don't be surprised if he goes back to them.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »