Crash.Net User: Nigel Tasker

Comments rating: 1056
Position in rating: 109

Show Comments on:

Nigel Tasker

October 16, 2011 2:44 PM

MotoGP » PICS: Valentino Rossi crashes out in Australia

real shame for him, it really does go to show that he has no feeling with the front end. Well done to Casey, he has blown away the rest of the field this year, I mean it's all been too easy for him this year. As for Rossi & Ducati, well let's wait and see shall we, for certain the season has not been what we expected from him & Ducati, they have done all sorts of work on the bike, lets see what happens next year. I suspect that once he gets his hands on the twin spar frame it will be a different story, but we don't really know do we.

Nigel Tasker

October 01, 2011 10:40 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Short-term 'inconclusive', long-term 'hope'

Next years bike is what Ducati are working on, yes this year has been an awful year for valentino & Ducati, now it seems to me that I guess that Rossi & Burgess & Ducati have failed to get the current bike to work. Now there was many of us who did expect that Valentino would turn this bike around after the summer, I'm not afraid to admitt that we was wrong. However I don't believe for 1 minute that Valentino is finished, I personaly believe that Valentino has convinced Ducati that the CF does not work. Next years bike will be a Twin spar Ally frame just like the Japanese use, I think Valentino will get that bike working & will be up front next year. As for Casey he has had a good year & has matured alot this year. Credit is due where it's due & Casey deserves it, he has done a formidable job on a brilliant bike.

Nigel Tasker

August 29, 2011 7:47 PM

MotoGP » Gearbox woes taunt Rossi at Indy

you lot that keeps harping on about Rossi making Ducati do this & that, you talk as if it's all his doing. Well the bike has been modified but not that much, the bikes nothing like a japanese engineered bike. The ducati is the only bike that uses the engine to bolt the rest of the bike to it. couple that with the carbon swing arm which is too stiff & next to no adjustment on the front end there is no wonder that they are struggling. They have ran out of ideas now & if you was listening to neil spalding on eurosport who has said that the ducati is a poor bike & they need to design a chassis in the traditional way then you wanna take note, that guy knows his stuff. I can't see Rossi wanting to stick around too long if Ducati can not give him something to fight with, as soon as they do you will see a different Rossi.

Nigel Tasker

August 13, 2011 7:26 PM

MotoGP » Rossi plays down best Ducati qualifying

Jakey, are you stoner in disguise? Judjing by your last comment in your post I would not be surprised. 6th place in the qualifying is his best position to date on the Ducati, so we have reason to be happy. Before you say anything I'm well aware it's not amazing but the improvements will come eventualy from Rossi, now it remains to be seen if Ducati relent to preassure. I'm pretty certain that they have been told in no uncertain terms that the carbon is crap & the ally needs to be re introduced in this bike. Do you really think Rossi has forgot to ride a bike, I reckon on the Honda no one would get near him as that bikes so good. And I don't for 1 minute go with your theory of great riders can ride anything, although everything else Rossi has ridden in his career he has done extremly well on, it's just that this bike he can not get the feel of so has no real confidence to push it, just wait until he does though.

Nigel Tasker

July 16, 2011 7:56 PM

MotoGP » 'Upset' Rossi ready to ditch new Ducati

I have never seen Rossi do so many short runs in qualifying, it's obvious that what ever they try nothing seems to work. There is no wonder Rossi is struggling no confidence in his machinery. I don't know if things carry on the way they are that he would want to stay with this team, maybe Ducati may not want him who knows. There is one thing for sure, in the space of a year Rossi has not forgot how to ride a bike or develop one. But none of us can deny that this partnership could be ending in failure, & yes Casey needs to be given credit for making this bike look way better than it is.

Nigel Tasker

July 15, 2011 10:19 PM

MotoGP » Rossi suffers 'hole' in arm, shoulder pain

Exactly Lee, anyone watching today on eurosport that took in what Toby said was plain & clear, if anything bringing in Rossi to Ducati & him telling them that this bike is not good enough. Couple that with the infighting that is going on at Ducati then Rossi has more on his plate than the Bike, he is not only fighting the bike but the powers that be at Ducati too.

Nigel Tasker

July 15, 2011 10:06 PM

MotoGP » Rossi suffers 'hole' in arm, shoulder pain

Rossi has not lost his speed, I don't think he is prepared to take big risk's any more, most of the posters on here could not ride the Ducati as fast as Rossi or Hayden. I think Rossi will make improvements but it looks to me as if in qualifying he will not be able to get within a second of Hondas, yamaha's. There are many on here that seem to me to be quick to write Rossi off, some of you may be right but I doubt it. Ducati need to make a switch to the alloy swingarm & admitt they have gone in the wrong direction and get on the right path.

Nigel Tasker

July 15, 2011 9:38 PM

MotoGP » Rossi suffers 'hole' in arm, shoulder pain

Well if you listen to people in the know, apparently Rossi has asked ducati for a Ally swingarm & has told them that next years Ducati is no where near good enough. Also behind the scenes there is alot of problems, I think they are not going to be budged even by Valentino on the Carbon Fibre swingarm, but hey if that's the way they want it then they will not advance to where they want to go will they. Rossi will possibly get to around 6th in the race.

Nigel Tasker

July 13, 2011 11:05 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ready for 'experimental' Sachsenring weekend

I was not aware there are new upgrades for this weekend for the Ducati. I think too many are writing rossi off & simply seem to be forgetting very quickly just how good Rossi is. Let's face reality, this bike is a hard nut to crack for rossi & crew, but I have no doubts about him doing it, he needs some decent dry weather setup or testing time, then the results will come.

Nigel Tasker

July 11, 2011 1:35 PM

F1 » Webber 'not fine' with 'don't race' order

USF1Fan, so the only differance is then that this year you can do it and get away with it legaly. My point was when this has been done in the past by usualy Ferrari drivers there has been a big thing made about it, when another team does it naff all was said. And when Horner was asked if it went on in his team he denied it, clearly it does & he was clearly embarrased about it too yesterday because he was one of the guys who made a big thing about it last year, double standards or what. Personaly I think that given Vetell has such a comanding lead in the championship then why would the team want to deprive Webber of getting the best result he can, I dont think it was very fair.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »