Crash.Net User: Jack Mordino

Comments rating: 2077
Position in rating: 79

Show Comments on:

Jack Mordino

April 24, 2016 7:41 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: I couldn't have wanted anything better

This was indeed a snorefest. Thankfully Rossi won so it wasn't a total disaster for me. Way to go old fart. :) I defended Lorenzo yesterday when somebody accused him with the "excuses" argument (regarding the defective tyre) but today I can't but proclaim him the "douchebag of the weekend". Yes my dear Lorenzo if the tyre wouldn't spin you would have won by a big margin and If I was Barack Obama I would take Michelle and the kids to a trip around Mars at NASA's expenses.

Jack Mordino

April 02, 2016 2:30 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Very difficult. This is racing

I kind of like the variation in performances that the variation in conditions bring about. Much more than we see in F1. I also find it quite interesting that such occurrences provide insight into the different riding styles and "modes of concentration" of various riders. Lorenzo is, indeed like a fine lab tool, possessing a laser-ultra-focus type of concentration. Unsurpassable in ideal conditions but more prone to failure when things are tough. Marquez is the exact opposite: He is like a seven-barrelled GAU 8/A anti-tank gun smothering the bike with a riding dominance that needs substantial protest to understand when enough is enough. Rossi is somewhere in the middle, something like a guided missile: more controlled than Marquez but certainly not as pure laser as Lorenzo. It is possible to understand who is riding when watching onboard footage too,. Lorenzo's riding is almost inhuman in its precision, especially the way he tips it in: it's like it is performed by a high-spec automo

Jack Mordino

April 03, 2016 9:28 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Argentina - Race Results

Lorenzo's onboard video sound (the one showing his helmet from the dashboard viewpoint) was explicitly clear: He brakes, tips it in, coasts on steady throttle, just cracks it open and down he goes. He got smitten by the dreaded front Michelin in its characteristic "crack the throttle open and down you go" fashion. I was hoping this would not interfere with the championship but this particular result, after all the gestures and attitude was like a huge humble pie the size of a flying saucer thrown on Lorenzo by some motorcycling divine power. Priceless.

Jack Mordino

April 04, 2016 2:41 AM

MotoGP » Rossi bemoans pit stop setback

At classic "idiotbait" crash posts the percentage of idiotic comments rises accordingly but still this one must be one of the best since a long time. I particularly love the conspiracy theories: Rossi: The spaniards really piss me off. But you guys are ahead of me, on to fill the podium. Don't help the spaniards. Give me the points and I'll invite you to my ranch. Iannone: Vale is right and he is italian as we Dovi. And he needs the podium which we are about to deprive him from. Dovi: That's right, let's do something. Iannone: How about I bin it while passing you and we both go to the gravel. Mission accomplished. Dovi: Sound idea. Let's do it. Watch my leg though, try not to hurt it. Iannone: To make it look real make some angry gesture too right? Dovi: How cunning you are man, I'm impressed. Rossi: I love you guys, I really do. Now let's quit talking and get on to it.

Jack Mordino

April 06, 2016 10:49 PM

MotoGP » 'I was going to finish 2nd' - heartbreak for Vinales

Judging by his crash while riding for the podium and his statement that his pace was "incredible" one could argue that Vinales is alienated by "alienism". Although many a frontrunner have frequently crashed at the beginning of their careers, seeing the whole thing as "incredible" means that the rider is just not ready psychologically for that step. You need to see that zone as your natural environment if you are to win championships and I think Vinales showed that he hasn't done that, at least not yet.

Jack Mordino

April 02, 2016 2:18 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Very difficult. This is racing

AyrtonSenna:
Trist26: Well it's about time he got beat and lets home for some good racing on Sunday and not a runaway metronome performance we're accustomed to seeing from Jorge. On a sidenote (as a Rossi fan who recognises Jorge is usually the faster man throughout the weekend), when do we see Rossi ever in 14th? Or sub top 10 even. I know it's better to be inconsistent and great on average than consistent and ok, like Vale's 4th-7th average practice and qualifying but interesting in the volatility of Jorge when things aren't working for him/ his bike.
Valencia last year.Rossi was 12th at best.
Just a reminder, Rossi was obliged to start from the back of the grid last year at Valencia. Absolutely no point in pushing for times.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »