Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 2124
Position in rating: 45

Show Comments on:

Joeski

November 02, 2014 10:24 PM

WSBK » Guintoli ‘overwhelmed’ by WSBK title win

And some people on here bashed and spoke smack about Guintoli when he walked away from Crescent Suzuki to join Aprilia!!! If he had not done that he would be an also ran for the rest of his career but he made the sensible choice which many on here felt was bad form supposedly breaking a contract (which was never in writing but a handshake) to take the biggest opportunity of his career!! Another reason why you have to go with your guts, instincts and brain and not listen to people's bulls**t! CONGRATS to YOU Sylvain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORLD CHAMPEEN!!!

Joeski

November 02, 2014 1:52 PM

WSBK » Off-form Melandri holding out for improvements

Marco had problems most of the year with the Aprilia but his last half effort has been stellar if only "a day late and a dollar short." What is curious is that he has the most experience at this track, he has the bike that is probably most suited for this track but suddenly cannot get the set up right? Granted, he has never ridden this bike here before but we all know he adapts just dang fine...this being his third manufacturer ride in the series (albeit a little slower adapting to the Aprilia). Usually once he gets going he really goes like the last races have shown. I really hate conspiracies but it is odd that this happens right after his defiance of team orders! Is it possible Aprilia believes he is all for himself and would rather push him out than risk him doing a repeat of Magny Cours? I think that would be stupid because Melandri could well play a big role at the front particularly if Sykes starts to run away from the pack!!

Joeski

November 02, 2014 7:55 PM

WSBK » Sylvain Guintoli clinches 2014 WSBK title

MUCH RESPECT and CONGRATS to Guintoli!!!! Initially I was about to argue the point that he was not given more help than Sykes but it was pointless as Sykes got 4 points from Baz and Sylvain got 5 from Melandri....Sylvain ultimately got more help BUT (notice I said BUT) he won by 6 points so the 1 point advantage would not have been a factor since he won by 6...in fact looking back he did not even need the win in Magny Cours so the arguments of whether he deserves this is futile... he collected the most points over the course of the year!!! and he did not benefit (much) more than Sykes in Magny Cours and Sykes would have still lost by 2 points even if Baz gave him 2nd in race one!!!!! Congrats again to Guintoli!! Enough said! Thanks to Sykes and Guintoli for a year of great racing...among others..

Joeski

November 02, 2014 8:21 PM

WSBK » Sylvain Guintoli clinches 2014 WSBK title

"Sykes was trying for first in the second race and HAD to take chances, had he just had to finish second, Rea wouldn't have gotten back in front of Sykes. When entering Qatar, all Tom had to do was finish second in both races even if SG won both. Mr Baz is going to have to have a "car starter tester" for at least the next six months." I could side with you IF you only had one "IF" in your statement...IF BAZ...and IF he came second in race 2....now that is beyond wishing into miracle territory...IF Baz gave Sykes second...he would have still lost by 2 points!! Where do the IFs stop? IF Melandri gave Guintoli 1st in race 2 MC! Sykes would have still lost!! I like Sykes but Guintoli did what had to be done and Sykes did not!

Joeski

November 02, 2014 7:41 PM

WSBK » Sykes brands Baz ‘immature and disrespectful’

This is all too funny... I seem to remember a bunch of people on here sandblasting Melandri for not listening to his team and giving up the win in race 2 at Magny Cours!!! Now it seems everyone on here is saying what they should have said when Melandri called B********T and took race 2 win!! All of a sudden Baz did the right thing but the same thing was poor form for Melandri... to make matters worst Baz was not even giving up a win..it was second and he would have been third... off to MotoGP with a win would be worth denying team orders... Everyone who watched the race would know Baz was faster and just played along...particularly in the final round!!! BUT it is all cool because I also believe riders should win on their own merit.. I am just a little sketchy or on the fence when we are talking about the final round and title decider.

Joeski

November 02, 2014 8:13 PM

WSBK » Sylvain Guintoli clinches 2014 WSBK title

tzmike: oh NGM Forward Yamaha.. What a great team rider your going to get next season. Real team player. I'm sure Bradl is jumping for Joy ...
I am not a team order person but I have always said in a final round decider I was on the fence about it!! Anyway, it doesn't matter now whether Baz did or did not give up the position...IF he did, Guintoli would have still won the title!!! by 2 points...I wanted Sykes to win but I was ok with Guintoli winning too and in the end Guintoli did what was necessary to be number 1 in the world!! However your point is taken about Baz...

Joeski

November 02, 2014 6:01 PM

WSBK » Guintoli wins, Sykes takes three point lead into finale

Kile:... Well you can because of the huge speed difference. He's won in the wet and been given a win by his teammate. He's come 2nd to Tom the first half of the year and 2nd to his teammate the 2nd half. He is NOT the fastest or best rider. If he's champion it's embarrassing for the championship as next year the Honda with the number 1 plate won't win a single race. I don't want to see team orders but Sylvan has benefitted much more from them, ....
I agree to an extent..BUT do not forget that TOM was also helped by team orders, you cannot nit pick to the degree of help because his teammate just happened to be in a better position BUT Guinters was also in a better position that Tom so....it balances IMHO! also if you are busting on the Aprilia, you have to bust on the Kawasaki at other tracks where it had an advantage...you cannot select this one round (or 2) since the fight is over 12 rounds, to bash the Aprilia even MM struggled in the first half!! where

Joeski

November 02, 2014 5:27 PM

WSBK » Guintoli wins, Sykes takes three point lead into finale

Well this flies in the face of the previous story that Baz would follow team orders if given.... so much for that...my question is where are the people that bashed Melandri in the last race at Magny Cours.... lets hope you are all consistent with your remarks now that you all praised Baz the last time out and spoke about how Baz was the true team player etc et al!!!! I am waiting to read it all... because I remember most of your comments praising Baz and cursing out Melandri!!! I supported Melandri's decision in my post BUT I also said that if it was the final race (in Qatar) and the ultimate championship decider...I would disagree with his decision in Magny Cour if he did the same in Qatar!!! So I stand by my word. I disagree with what Baz did because this is now down to the final decider!! and his decision could cost the team and Sykes in the final round.

Joeski

November 02, 2014 5:52 PM

WSBK » Guintoli wins, Sykes takes three point lead into finale

My other big issue is that for as much respect as I have by Guintoli, I did not believe that up to Magny Cours, that he has proven to be the best or provided outstanding performance that undoubtably says he is the champion! BUT I cannot be a hypocrite either because both Baz and Melandri gave up positions to improve their teammates opportunity for the title albeit one was for the win and one for third!! Bottom line is that if he takes the title it is because he has the most points and he who has the most points (not the most wins or poles) is the CHAMPION!!! The second part is ONLY MY OPINION!! Guntoli has worked hard but his general overall performance was of a runner up (not in this race!!!) just in general over the course of the year!! I will be happy for him if he wins the title but part of me will believe that Tom deserved it a little more.... I guess it could be said that Guintoli performed when it counted..so if he gets the title then congrats to him!!!

Joeski

November 01, 2014 10:11 PM

WSBK » Sykes relaxed ahead of title showdown races

“Without saying too much, there are some bikes which cannot use the rear qualifying as well as some manufacturers for a couple of reasons..." Hmmm? Wonder if this was mild dig at the borderline of tolerance purpose built Race bike Aprilia???? that looks like a production bike? lol.. The same might be said for the Kawasaki but people always refer to their siht as stuff and other people's stuff as siht.....(switch the letters up...you can do it!)

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »