Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 2957
Position in rating: 40

Show Comments on:

Joeski

April 12, 2015 3:17 PM

WSS » Sofuoglu benefits from Cluzel misfortune for Supersport win

Haven' see the race yet but besides the mechanicals...from an outright pace stance...it seems Cluzel is the man. Superglue seems a little off but that could just be because the Kawasaki is falling behind the MV on development... I am a Superglue fan so I will celebrate his wins as they come but I really want him to do the business while battling with the best on track....I hate hearing non-fans talk about gifted positions when in order to be "gifted" a position you have to be there in the first place. Anyway, I feel gutted for Cluzel...second race in a row the MV has let him down...they need to step it up on the reliability front now that they have the performance in hand...maybe they sacrificed reliability for the performance. if they improve the reliability they may lose some performance which means Kenan may be able to stand toe to toe with Cluzel.

Joeski

April 20, 2015 3:25 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Marquez made a mistake

I am a Rossi fan...but to me...Marquez simply try to do what Rossi did at Laguna to Casey in 2008...upset his rhythm....with the pace Rossi was running it was a "foregone" conclusion that he would beat MM especially after seeing his pace in the last laps...However MM learned from Rossi...YES!! I agree his execution of said tactic was poor but not intentional, certainly a bit of panic reaction or miscalculation however you define it.....we all know Rossi and MM like each other and Rossi is not past brushing a little bit of fairing for the win... I am glad they didn't both drop it. I like these two riders and Rossi also agreed that it was a mistake on MM's part.... no whining or complaining. MM showed respect by his words about Rossi afterwards ....so no need to bash the kid...he was a little careless but when racing this close the margins are not like driving on the highway....it happens, this is racing...we all saw what happened to Sete in 2005... and I was ok with that pass so no hyp

Joeski

April 21, 2015 12:49 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Rossi is still my idol

"Mark should know if he is constantly making slower lap he should not try to follow Valentino, and specially not Valentino ..." Vale was slower than Casey in 2008 Laguna...if Rossi followed your advice he would not have won that race...that is the difference between champions and also rans.... I agreed that he made a mistake but to suggest "basically" that he should have pulled over and allow Vale to pass and then follow IN THE FINAL LAPS!!! is...well...what is the word.....ahmmmm... oh yea...STUPID!!!! It would be better to just say...hey MM stop making rookie mistakes and keep it cleaner next time!!!

Joeski

April 21, 2015 12:42 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Rossi is still my idol

cont'd, simply put...whatever tyre he chose, Rossi had the better pace but with the tyre he did choose he had the opportunity of finishing second not 3rd, 4th or possibly 5th... His other strategy was to upset Rossi's rhythm, a technique employed by Rossi himself in the popular Rossi vs Casey at Laguna 08...MM needed to ensure Rossi did not break away in front which means he needed to repass immediately if overtaken...his mistake was not his strategy but his execution of his tactics...he miscalculated the tight lines used by Rossi and in turn try to pass where the gap was closed...hence the first contact...still a mistake not intentional...his true final mistake was his attempt to make the left switch back but the front wheel had not cleared Rossi's rear tyre, Rossi's rear tyre flicked MM's front up into the air...race incident albeit an error in judgment..happy they are both ok and sorry he crashed...

Joeski

April 21, 2015 12:32 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Rossi is still my idol

JoeAntonio: Yamaha did the right think all over. They build all the settings on extra hard tyre, which was given for this track from Bridgestone, who is a tyre specialist and they know why extra hard for this track ! Rossi did believe in that strategy and he simply won with his experience. Honda and Mark did two mistakes , first wrong tyre selected, than Mark should know if he is constantly making slower lap he should not try to follow Valentino, and specially not Valentino , or he should try to follow him one, two laps, so if he could than fight back last few corners. Like yesterday when not possible to follow him ,than he should stay second. Hope he will learn one day.
That's one way to look at it...the tyre choice was correct, because MM and Honda could not make the extra hard tyre work and Rossi would have left him in the dust. If he had finished the race...he would be in second..I would not say that was a bad tyre choice...simply put...whatever tyre h

Joeski

April 12, 2015 4:00 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘closer’, ‘shame’ Stoner not here

Stoner's decision to leave was his to make...I am cool with that...If he wants to wild card.. I am also good with that...Like Honda, I also do not believe he would be competitive and that is the debate. Most reasonable fans on here would be understanding and accepting of Stoner bringing the Honda home in 7th or lower (top 10), because of the situation...new bike...new team, lack of track knowledge and fitness in question...however many would not and see that as an ultimate failure and "proof" that he is not good enough. Yes he would fare better than Aoyoma IMO but better than Aoyoma is not saying much as more is expected of Stoner. But again Rossi is welcoming and he was surprised when Stoner left not relieved as most seem to want others to think. Rossi has never feared a battle...so he is not threatened, instead puts more pressure on himself to do better.....

Joeski

April 12, 2015 3:54 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘closer’, ‘shame’ Stoner not here

Rossi has always been respectful of Stoner but from every interview and confrontation that have seen, the respect was never given in turn. After Laguna in 2008 on the podium..Rossi went to shake his hands and talk to him and he was having none of it. When Rossi made the mistake in Jerez on the Ducati and took out Stoner...he went straight to Stoner's pitbox to apologize and was greeted with disrespect...it is one thing to be upset but disrespect is never necessary. Bautista was mad at MM but he never disrespected him in the Qatar incident. Rossi's worst words about Stoner after Laguna was "it was a great battle but I do not know why Stoner is angry because I did not touch him, however sometimes when you lose a great battle it is easy to be upset (mad)" I put it in quotes but truthfully it was something like that not exact words!! I am still yet to hear Rossi say a bad word about Stoner!! I could be wrong..

Joeski

April 12, 2015 4:12 PM

MotoGP » Dovizioso: I wanted to know Marquez's secrets!

Awesome lap by MM...Dovi tried to follow him but his tyres were probably smoked as well by the time MM was on that raggedly fast lap. Dovi would not have risk much since it seems he was already done with his fast ones.. I believe from the footage I saw...Dovi was initially ahead of MM slowing down...then once MM went by he decided to follow him... he did ok in the early part of the lap but the last half is where I saw MM pulling out the distance on him...of course it is not a fair comparison because Dovi would not have been risking anything on that lap just to follow him...he was just circulating to bring it in to the pits when MM came by...and opportunity presented itself to tail MM for a lap, to note any slight disturbances in the force that is MM.

Joeski

April 12, 2015 3:43 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘closer’, ‘shame’ Stoner not here

Codger: The 'trojan' ib.adnxs has embedded itself in to my Crash net page, has anyone else got it ? It seems impossible to remove, there is plenty of advice on the net but nothing works. A popup appears at the bottom of the page and you cannot close it. If anyone does have it, IGNORE it, whatever you do DO NOT click on it.
Thanks Codger....I have been cancelling or "x" it...hope that was not a set up...but it only seems to pop up on this page...it does nothing that I can see but it keeps wanting me to open or save it....do I just leave it alone or is cancelling it the same?

Joeski

April 12, 2015 3:31 PM

MotoGP » Marquez overcomes adversity in pole thriller

Hey Codger...it pops up on my page asking to "Open" Save or cancel...at the bottom of the page...hopefully I have not been messing up but I have been clicking the cancel or the "x"...should I just ignore it or does that work as well....I tried restoring my computer to like 2 weeks ago but no dice....also realized that I cannot access my firewall from the control panel...it will not open but if I go through my "Action center" it shows the firewall is up...

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »