Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 2493
Position in rating: 39

Show Comments on:

Joeski

January 31, 2015 4:23 PM

WSBK » Canepa: I expected gap to EBR to be bigger

I already said that the previous riders did not have the level of talent required to get them into the points.... With that said...I am sure the bike has improved since last year but majority of the lower time gap and improvement is mostly down to Canepa...a WSBK level rider.... I expect them to finish in the points frequently this year but he will need some luck to slide into the top 10!! If he and team improve that bike to get within 1 - 1.5 seconds of the top he will be fighting for the top ten but I believe that will happen in 2016 not this year...Canepa needs a year on the bike and the manufacturer needs a year of input from this caliber rider to make the necessary development and changes. If they can make changes quick and bring new parts rapidly for testing, they could well be closer to that top 10 by last quarter - .end of 2015. With their size and scale it is most likely a slower process with a small budget so I expect 2016 to be the year they start to give their sponsors som

Joeski

February 02, 2015 5:03 PM

MotoGP » Suzuki: Real preparation starts at Sepang

Suzuki will do well...but that also depends on your definition of do well means... if they did what Ducati did in 2011-13... I would say they did well...they have not been on track since 2011 and a lot of faster bikes are in the mix now plus if they actually manage 2 podiums (gifted or not) and top 6-9 in the championship as Dovi and Rossi did in those years on Ducati.... then yes! I would say big success BUT if by doing well you mean win races and challenge the top 4 or even Ducati over the season in general... I would say prepare to fail!!

Joeski

February 02, 2015 2:06 PM

WSBK » ‘Enthusiasm returning’ for ex-champ Biaggi

Motojunky: I think if Max/Troy came back and could not mix it anymore, that would be no where near as embarrassing as a guy that's been in Moto GP for 8 seasons and still not won a title.
Too funny....Motojunky.don't hold back now...tell us how you really feel about that other Repsol guy.... on the plus side Honda wants him around because he seems to give good luck to all his teammates...let's see...Nicky won a title, Stoner won one and Marquez won 2...so yea.. I would keep him too lol....Honda are guaranteed to win a title with their other rider if he is around... PS...I like Dani and hope he does win a title....but the facts are hard to argue against..

Joeski

January 31, 2015 3:05 PM

WSBK » ‘Enthusiasm returning’ for ex-champ Biaggi

I would like if he does comeback but only if he is competitive and believes he can make a run at the title...not saying he has to win but IF he were to comeback and could win a few and take the points fight down to the last 2 rounds and be in the top 3-4 at seasons end.. I would say job done! BUT...big ol' BUT.... he needs to assess if he is competitive first and not just coming back to fill the grid and fight for tenth...so I believe these wild cards could be a good evaluation of that...but the other upside to these wild cards is getting Max to re-grease his wheels and get up to speed and back to his racer form that way his development input for the WSBK or even the MotoGP project will be more relevant, as he will not be 4 seconds off the pace making his input worthless at race speeds...

Joeski

January 29, 2015 12:06 AM

WSBK » ‘Good feeling’ as Giugliano sets fast test pace

1 second faster than last years pole... I realize that temperature etc etc has a lot to do with grip levels etc but I am a bit surprised that the bikes are that much quicker here...these new rules are not quite "EVO" but should have been a middle ground between full SBK and EVO... so I thought lap times would be slower... Does anyone have any specifics as to track temperature, top speed, new improved Pirelli's...horsepower etc during this test????

Joeski

January 29, 2015 12:14 AM

WSBK » Giugliano sets fierce Ducati pace in testing

shamarone: re: "I am a little surprised that they are this much faster with the new rules!!" don't be...there are no fast riders upside down in the gravel with fuel pouring out their tank.
I am not surprised they are fast...I am surprised that the new rules has not slowed them down... 1 second faster than last year with dumbed down SBK not quite EVO but supposedly less electronics and less...well...SBK!! Sorry but I do not recall any expert on here including yourself saying they would be faster with the new rules!!!!!!!!!! in fact quite the contrary....

Joeski

January 27, 2015 9:53 PM

WSBK » Giugliano sets fierce Ducati pace in testing

"Canepa.... four tenths shy of his best lap on a Ducati last year and three seconds better than his predecessors" I said that the EBR had issues but I had questioned the riders ability at this level (although it is also likely the bike improved over the winter).... If EBR can find another 1sec...it will be looking real good for them!! at least to fight for points at all events....which is much more than last year!!! I hope Canepa can sneak a few top ten results like Redding did in MotoGP on the OPEN Bike... Shame about Guintoli... hope he gets well soon! I know I will get slated for this but I am putting a side bet on Guigliano for the title!!.... Tom's where my money is BUT Guigliano is looking impressive as he does over one lap but I am hoping he finds that consistency for a title tilt!! I am a little surprised that they are this much faster with the new rules!! who would have thought!!

Joeski

January 26, 2015 6:56 PM

WSBK » I will wear #1 plate with pride – Guintoli

If Guintoli finishes in the top 3... I would say he was successful and has a chance to re-take the title in the future...The highly-rated Johnny Rea only finished in the top 3 once I believe, in 6 years, and no one else has come close in that time. I am hopeful for Guinters that the new rules will suit the Honda but we have not had much technical info on the Honda and its alignment with the new rules so I really do not know how the Honda will fare...it is obvious that Guintoli has the ability so now Honda needs to step up....bring on 2015 and I do hope Gunitoli will defend his title well. My money is on Tom but the fight at the top will most likely include Guintoli, Rea, Davies and I believe Haslam is looking good... hell Guigliano may surprise this year... now that I typed that out, I am not sure who to pick so much potential this year as well as unknowns with the moto2 guys coming in and the new teams...like Junior BMW and Camier on the MV Agusta...

Joeski

January 26, 2015 7:15 PM

WSBK » I will wear #1 plate with pride – Guintoli

Sete: Hope Sylvain cleans his clock..... again!!!
All well and good cheering for your favorite rider but bear in mind that Guintoli also had his fair share of having his own a** handed to him...like in 2013 by both Tom and his teammate (on the same bike)... so a little respect should be due to the other competitors as well... these guys are all top notch and I just want a good dogfight...the more riders in the mix the merrier and with the new rules and 2015 rider line up..it is looking like a year to remember..

Joeski

January 26, 2015 8:12 PM

WSBK » I will wear #1 plate with pride – Guintoli

I would not exactly call Tom's title loss.."getting his clock cleaned"... he basically lead the championship standings almost the whole year and loss the title in the final race... so he was the more dominant rider... Guintoli was more consistent and steadfast and he upped his game in the last 2 rounds to rack up a solid 3 wins out of 4 races... both did great and it came down to the last round and last race!!!... no one knew how it would turn out but many had hopes!!! Biaggi had his clock cleaned in GPs by Rossi, MM cleaned everyone's clock in 2014!! Sete G had his clock cleaned in GP's by Rossi... Ben Spies cleaned everyone's clock in 2009 WSBK... That is my opinion not gospel...just another take on things...lol

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »