Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 1688
Position in rating: 57

Show Comments on:

Joeski

March 29, 2014 5:20 PM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

I think a lot of teams would run Camier but his deal fell out at the wrong time when everyone had signatures and contracts in place. I hope he gets something going because I believe he deserve a place on this grid! I believe he has potential...everyone credits Eugene with Suzuki's turnaround but foget that it was the labor of Camier and team that got that bike where it is at!! No disrespect to Eugene but I believe Camier would have won last year on the Suzuki if he had not injured himself....so TBH Eugene had a capable bike that never showed its potential last year beause of rider injury...Anyway "What ifs" don't get contracts and I hope Camier is able to revive his WSBK career!!

Joeski

March 29, 2014 5:39 PM

MotoGP » Pedrosa happy with podium feat at 'difficult' track

Deserving ....is whosoever gets the points...this is the rule and the championship decider ever since....This is why I am not a big fan of the BSB format. But like many, we enjoy winners and this explains why Hayden's championship is fairly unpopular...I think he won only 2 in his championship year but he was most consistent although Rossi won more!! but my favorite rider (Rossi) did not take the amount of points necessary for the title so 1000% credit (yep 1 thousand!) to Hayden!! However you are correct Dani has worked hard and is a winning rider but to give him a default title would be a shame to the sport!! He needs to do what every other rider has done and take the most points!! He will be at Repsol Honda next year because he is quality and just needs to be more consistent to win the title!!

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:31 AM

MotoGP » Why was the Honda RCV1000R short on fuel?

Well TBH Honda had no test with the standardized software which I believe should have been used when developig this RCV version. When I saw Stoner's time on the bike 0.3 sec behiind the factory bike...I immediately quipped that this was done with the factory software ECU and a TEAM of Honda's brightest not available to the independent teams. Not defending Honda but they had no way of knowing what the OPEN ECU and electronics strategies would do!! because they did not use it to develop this machine. TBH I am not sure if Marelli had it to the 2014 spec during the same time Honda was working on the Proddy racer! As suggested by the article..the 2013 RCV used 21 litres so an additional 1.5 L was expected to be more than enough to carry this prody bike home without any drastic cuts in power but again a poor assumption (seems a Honda trait of recent) about the level of the OPEN software may be to blame...Honda got it wrong again!

Joeski

March 29, 2014 2:23 PM

MotoGP » Rossi revels in old school MotoGP thrills

I understand that some of the statements here are general...Rossi was not just simply faster in the twisties and MM faster on the straight. There were certain fast corners that I saw where Marquez simply carried more drive in and out and would literally pull 3 to 4 bike lengths on Rossi but 2 corners later in the slower turns, Rossi was on his rear wheel...which suggest to me that Rossi was in fact able to make up more on the brakes and turning than on outright drive..... In the end the Yamaha and the Honda achieved similar lap times in different ways through differing strengths and weaknesses! In Qatar this meant that the strength of the Honda on exit drive and on the straight was bound to advantage MM as the drive to the line is long! so even if he was behind Rossi (but close) he would still win IMO albeit by a miniscule margin. This may be the same issue at Austin but less so at Jerez, Catalunya or Sachenring

Joeski

March 31, 2014 6:22 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow, Dovizioso join Ducati test

Well the 2013 tyres would help Lorenzo for sure and they have data on setings but they would still have a new challenge with the electronics and fuel control for 20L at Austin! Rossi was good on the 2013 tyres in preseason...better than he was on the 2014 tyre so I am hopeful Yamaha will mix it up...I believe MM will have the measure of the whole field but I also remember 2008 Laguna when another rider thought he had the measure of the whole field but the outcome was not so certain! No disrespect to Stoner and certainly I am only hopeful that Rossi can stop MM just as he did in 2008...with Stoner...because I just love to see the battle of an underdog...in this case an unexpected win from VR would be great... in al though I just hope for a great race Rossi or not!!

Joeski

March 30, 2014 2:52 PM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

Greavesit: Camier us not as good as some think he is. He's so good he had a tin pot ride in motogp on a very poor motorcycle. All the top teams were lining up to sign him, were they not! If he was so good e would be signed to a top team. He has had enough good bikes and done ****** all on all of them.
No one courted Camier last season because even in the paddock they were all sure that he had his ride secure with Suzuki....remember, he even tested with Lowes before Lowes was confirmed with the team. The only thing that we doubted at the time was Cluzel beause he had not tested and Lowes was there....Laverty was a last minute deal and of course he was a hot commodity and in this "business" that is how it goes..apparently.. So Camier was shafted at the last minute nowhere to go when every other worthy team had signatures in place.

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:56 AM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

Greavesit: So if he had a "handshake agreement" why is he not riding the Suzuki then? Simple really, better riders available. Also, top class riders don't seek rides, they are sought.
He is not riding the Suzuki because it was a unethical although not illegal way of conducting business. To agree with you to an extent they (Denning..the same guy who finger pointed Guintoli) saw what they believe to be a better opportunity...but that is mere speculation because Aprilia saw otherwise and release the same guy!! in favor of Melandri??? PS hard to compare Camier and Eugene on Aprilia because Aprilia was not the MAx Biaggi GP bike of prior years and I also did not rate Eugene as anything special in his 1st year on Aprilia either...so it is all relative if you ask me (although you didn't)

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:49 AM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

Greavesit:
Greavesit: No I'm not. It's my opinion.
So why is he not on the Suzuki then Jayne?
Yes I agree....a (meaning 1) better rider was available...who also had to seek out his only option of a ride as a more"facied team" namely Aprilia released him! With that said comparing Eugene and Camier is not a fair comparison...Eugene on a Factory Aprilia vs Camier on a up and coming Suzuki??? little to no factory input. end of 2012 saw Camier and team take that joke suzuki to 2 podiums by seasons end and lead preseason testing for 2013....but he was injured dang near the whol year. So I agree with you to an instance but not 100% because if Eugene was so brilliant he would still be on a Factory Bike and he is not... instead he is on an independent bike with some (not sure how much) factory support.

Joeski

March 30, 2014 5:54 PM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

V4Poweeeer: @Joeski Also don't forget as well that Eugenes electronics guy he brought over with him from Aprilia would have helped alot with improving the electronicstrategies on the motec system. Engine wise I think that's something the team has been working on regardless of who is riding the bike.
The Team has been working on the engine based on Camier's input (and Cluzel) but regardless they would have worked on it with which ever rider. Eugene's electronics guy has very little experience with Motec (coming from Aprilia) so smart or not he did not make the suzuki a winner over christmas...Point is the development or feedback for it was from primarily Camier (with Cluzel being the rookie)... that bike was a capable winner last year! Camier just failed in showing that albeit through injury!

Joeski

March 30, 2014 3:28 PM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

I am not suggesting that Camier is the best rider ever and he should be on the Repsol HOnda....by a far stretch!! but I also think the same thing for 99% of the WSBK grid...right now only Sykes and Laverty stand out to me as potential movers to GP. However I did not feel the same way about Eugene after his Yamaha and 1st year on Aprilia...last year he came into his own..IMO but I rate Camier amongst the rest of the WSBK grid fairly highly...just disappointed that he did not show that last year due to injury because 2013 Preseason suggested otherwise.

« 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  »