Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 1336
Position in rating: 70

Show Comments on:

Joeski

January 03, 2014 8:23 PM

WSBK » Denning: We couldn’t be happier with Suzuki line-up

Smoker Yoshimura was not involved in the engine development last year. They did the first year when Hopper and Camier were debuting but it was in house last season. "In House" is of course relative... I am not sure if they had a different third party tuner handling business or they truly did it themselves within the team (and how much help/input did they receive from the factory is always a question). They were noticeably faster last year (2013) compared to 2012. Yoshimura are a high quality outfit so to see the drastic improvement from 2012 to 2013 (when they dropped yoshimura) leaves me to question how much factory assistance they actually had. I believe if Camier was not injured they would have shown that last year they improved alot but everything was left to Cluzel with Camier out.

Joeski

January 03, 2014 5:01 PM

WSBK » Denning: We couldn’t be happier with Suzuki line-up

I believe Camier has the potential to be at the front. He was in blazing form at the Phillip Island test last year then he had an accident and did not show well in the races...actually I am not sure he even competed in Phillip Island last year. I would love to see this dude given another shot but I am also happy about Alex's graduation from BSB. Of course I also believe Eugene deserves this ride but I must say he deserved to stay at Aprilia as well. SO I am not unhappy with this team up but I am gutted Leon and Cluzel were brushed side. I hope Leon comes back or does well in MGP on PBM or that other team...forgot their name...

Joeski

December 08, 2013 3:55 PM

WSBK » Red Devils Roma forced to quit WSBK?

Lots of late season movements.... Keeping Elias will be a good thing, he is competitive.... Sucks about Alstare...no luck last season!!! I am interested to see how Erik Buell entries do and who will front the attack on WSBK. Those are some good looking bikes that I cannot afford but might lack a little steam and the right rider to be at the front next year!!!

Joeski

December 12, 2013 9:09 PM

MotoGP » Assen voted most entertaining MotoGP race

For the hard core race fan...Assen might not have been the best race but the article says "most etertaining." This is not a surprise to me because we are still talking about the largest personality on 2 wheels regardless of his inability to hold on to the to 3. This was a return to the top step for one of the biggest names in motorcycle racing and it was built up from his announcement to return to yamaha so no big surprise there!!! As a Rossi fan, it was the MOST ENTERTAINING for me because my favorite rider returned from a disasterous 2 years with ducati to spilling champagne on the top step but the BEST race for me was Silverstone! So with more fans (volume for votes!!) than all the riders on the grid put together, I am surprised that other people are surprised that this was voted the MOST ENTERTAINING.....

Joeski

December 10, 2013 7:15 PM

MotoGP » Should MotoGP change its points system?

I am not a fan of additional points for anything. I like the current format but I must admit that points for most laps led or fastest lap and pole position could tighten up the front 3.... In truth it will not help the rest of the field because the top three will collect these points anyway... think about it.... who has the fastest lap at all these tracks? who has all the pole positions? who leads the most laps? Additional points can only be worth while if the entire field is competitive. In the current crop of rider and MGP situation, the points system need to stay the same. If open class becomes the future and the top 10 have a shot a being on the podium in any given week then additional points for laps and pole could be an interesting solution to tighten u the championship. Matter of fact this may work in WSB with so many riders featuring the podium

Joeski

December 10, 2013 2:18 PM

F1 » Double points confirmed for final F1 race

I have not read all the posts but if points are being awarded to encourage opportunities (in the of hope or chance for a contender...for example) later in the season then why not award points for most laps led, pole position etc. At least this way we know they earned it somehow... as opposed to 2 for 1 win which we all know was not deserved. I really do not like that idea either but dang... do not just give away free points for doing nothing!!! I know they give pointsfor laps led and pole position in AMA and NASCAR and I do not really care for it but at least the points are for something they actually achieved!! Just a humble opinion... how about tossing some extra cash for any non title contender win once the math is established for the front runners. This will toss a wench in the title fight. and if the money is signifcant enough you will see some serious effort at seasons end to get those wins! where the title guys may not want to tangle with it...

Joeski

December 09, 2013 11:48 AM

MotoGP » 'New role' for Pedrosa’s manager Alberto Puig

cont'd... together for so long and he may well be a great manager but regarding Dani's ability, he may have been instrumental in his coming of age but Puig's move will not lessen or quite possibly increase his chances of ever taking the title. I had high hopes for DP in MGP after his dominant turn in 250 (especially after his last Sachenring race win in 250 with a damaged exhaust from a clash with JL, i believe). Anyway still like watching the little pint size ride!! Hope he wins the title before leaving the sport!!

Joeski

December 08, 2013 2:33 PM

MotoGP » 'New role' for Pedrosa’s manager Alberto Puig

The Rossi/Burgess split is a bigger story...so of course there is more cause to milk it and create more rumours. Although Burgess was let go (essentially) there is no grudge there as him and Rossi are friends. Burgess had eluded that something needed to change or at this rate Rossi would never win another title... I believe Burgess knew there are issues with the current motorcycle/M1 or Rossi's inability to ride it as before. Rossi saw or felt a new chief perspective and maybe that issue along with the bike.. so both agreed something had to be done and therefore the resulting split. On the other hand what the hell is Puig managing... Dani's failure to win the title? His position was solely out of loyalty from Dani... not a technical position... Dani is not a child anymore... 8 years in MGP!!! probably more than Puig did and a hell of a lot more successful... so he has moved or was force to moved on... who cares? not really a big deal except to those 2 men because they have worked toge

Joeski

November 27, 2013 8:05 PM

MotoGP » Six races to decide Rossi's MotoGP future

I am not gonna jump of the wagon now because my favorite rider is struggling to get on terms with the top 3. IF he decides to call it quits..then he should know if the time is right. For sure I do not want to see him end up like Haga or edwards.... eventhough these are all riders I like, even to this day!! I would like to see him race in SBK but one almost ave to wonder if this step down is worthy of arguably the GOAT!! I would just be happy to see him race! All said and done, I believe he has the ability and talent but the tight nature of the competition means he cannot afford to suffer any kind of disadvantage with equipment...so essentially Yamaha needs to develop a bike around him.. and I am not sure if they are willing to do so at this stage!!

Joeski

November 25, 2013 1:37 PM

MotoGP » Cal Crutchlow - Q&A: Part 2

Talentfan I can neither confirm nor deny your numbers but certainly a lighter rider would have more advantages than disadvantages with the current crop of GP bikes and rules or the combination thereof. I think Toni Elias was possibly the lightest rider that I can remember that struggled and I think it had more to do with his riding technique. He seem to ride on or over the front of the bike (hangs off more than MM) and could never get heat into the rear....hence his struggles in MotoGP (well at least on his return with LCR in 2011)... Heavier riders however can use weight as 1 advantage to plant the rear but this to me is not an advantage when 4 other elements of weight to power to stopping distance/power and duration of fuel load suffer....1 - 4 = -3... SO there is no advantage there for a heavier rider.... hope you like my simple math..lol

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  »