Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 1248
Position in rating: 69

Show Comments on:

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:31 AM

MotoGP » Why was the Honda RCV1000R short on fuel?

Well TBH Honda had no test with the standardized software which I believe should have been used when developig this RCV version. When I saw Stoner's time on the bike 0.3 sec behiind the factory bike...I immediately quipped that this was done with the factory software ECU and a TEAM of Honda's brightest not available to the independent teams. Not defending Honda but they had no way of knowing what the OPEN ECU and electronics strategies would do!! because they did not use it to develop this machine. TBH I am not sure if Marelli had it to the 2014 spec during the same time Honda was working on the Proddy racer! As suggested by the article..the 2013 RCV used 21 litres so an additional 1.5 L was expected to be more than enough to carry this prody bike home without any drastic cuts in power but again a poor assumption (seems a Honda trait of recent) about the level of the OPEN software may be to blame...Honda got it wrong again!

Joeski

April 01, 2014 12:11 PM

MotoGP » Espargaro: I could have stayed with leaders

HRC: I don't see how when his lap times were consistently 0.5 - 1.0 second slower than the leaders even with a tow from the Ducatis.
To be fair the same situation happens to all riders... when that front group beaks away if you are all running the same pace...you will never catch up then couple that with the infighting among the second or chasing group and the gap just gets bigger....sometimes it does not matter if it is one of the aliens or not...that is why they chase that start so much because if the leader/lead group breaks most times than not you are unable to make up that ground.... The Ducatis were not on the same pace so he was stuck fighting with them...he needs that tow of the lead group to overcome the deficit over race distance...

Joeski

April 01, 2014 8:44 PM

MotoGP » Espargaro: I could have stayed with leaders

cont'd...Also Aleix never suggested he could win the race just podiumed which meant he could have used the tow to hold on to them NOT beat them. So with clean track in front of him that would not have helped him...on the contrary it hindered him going any faster. For him to catch MM and Rossi he would have to be FASTER than they were and he NEVER said that. He said he destroyed his best bikes and he started too far back but thought he could hang on to them for a podium NOT a win!! I believe that was a fair statement from him...his pace suggested it (until qual crashes and borrowin Colins spare frame etc) and every other rider on track also said it and they were there!!!

Joeski

April 01, 2014 8:36 PM

MotoGP » Espargaro: I could have stayed with leaders

Brain: For over the last half the race, he had nothing but clear track in front of him and still lost over 6 seconds to the leaders, about a 1/2 second per lap. You would think he would have at least separated himself from Dovi by more than a half second if he could have run the pace of the leaders
I got what you are saying... and I hate to use this analogy but NASCAR is the best example I can think of. On very fast tracks the lead group slingshot each other and are able carry a faster overall race pace than all the others eventhough they were a tenth or more down on pace in practice. With MM and VR "slingshoting" each other down the straights there pace was simply faster. AE would not have broken the ducatis becaus he was stuck with them and they were faster on the straights...cont'd

Joeski

March 31, 2014 6:22 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow, Dovizioso join Ducati test

Well the 2013 tyres would help Lorenzo for sure and they have data on setings but they would still have a new challenge with the electronics and fuel control for 20L at Austin! Rossi was good on the 2013 tyres in preseason...better than he was on the 2014 tyre so I am hopeful Yamaha will mix it up...I believe MM will have the measure of the whole field but I also remember 2008 Laguna when another rider thought he had the measure of the whole field but the outcome was not so certain! No disrespect to Stoner and certainly I am only hopeful that Rossi can stop MM just as he did in 2008...with Stoner...because I just love to see the battle of an underdog...in this case an unexpected win from VR would be great... in al though I just hope for a great race Rossi or not!!

Joeski

April 01, 2014 9:15 PM

MotoGP » Espargaro: I could have stayed with leaders

I also see the argument that Rossi was further back and he ended up in the lead...but come on all...I am a Rossi fan. Aleix never got the start and he did not even have his own spare bike(wholly)...both got destroyed in qual. Which by the way is his own fault... I am not debating that..just saying he has the pace but it was not to be...Every rider said he was the man to beat before the race including Rossi and MM!

Joeski

April 01, 2014 4:20 PM

WSBK » Ducati tops Jerez WSBK test

Paul Jones: It's a lovely looking bike, but who's idea was it to put the exhaust there?? It looks like they have designed this work of art & then though oh ****** what about the exhaust, lets cut out a bit of the fairing & put it there! I understand the centre of gravity stuff but my god!
Spot on...I thought the same thing...I am starting to come around, now that I've seen it a few times but really??...lol I think we are getting worked up too early...first day, Testing, etc etc... so bombarded with the #1 spot that we lose sight of the potential of the others! and the true purpose of testing. If they were all fast and can post lap record times at will then there would be no need to test. So I guess I do not put a lot of energy into testing with regards to the #1 spot. In all though, I guess it is good to see Ducati on form...hope they keep it up.

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:56 AM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

Greavesit: So if he had a "handshake agreement" why is he not riding the Suzuki then? Simple really, better riders available. Also, top class riders don't seek rides, they are sought.
He is not riding the Suzuki because it was a unethical although not illegal way of conducting business. To agree with you to an extent they (Denning..the same guy who finger pointed Guintoli) saw what they believe to be a better opportunity...but that is mere speculation because Aprilia saw otherwise and release the same guy!! in favor of Melandri??? PS hard to compare Camier and Eugene on Aprilia because Aprilia was not the MAx Biaggi GP bike of prior years and I also did not rate Eugene as anything special in his 1st year on Aprilia either...so it is all relative if you ask me (although you didn't)

Joeski

March 31, 2014 11:49 AM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

Greavesit:
Greavesit: No I'm not. It's my opinion.
So why is he not on the Suzuki then Jayne?
Yes I agree....a (meaning 1) better rider was available...who also had to seek out his only option of a ride as a more"facied team" namely Aprilia released him! With that said comparing Eugene and Camier is not a fair comparison...Eugene on a Factory Aprilia vs Camier on a up and coming Suzuki??? little to no factory input. end of 2012 saw Camier and team take that joke suzuki to 2 podiums by seasons end and lead preseason testing for 2013....but he was injured dang near the whol year. So I agree with you to an instance but not 100% because if Eugene was so brilliant he would still be on a Factory Bike and he is not... instead he is on an independent bike with some (not sure how much) factory support.

Joeski

March 30, 2014 5:54 PM

WSBK » Camier called up to replace injured Barrier

V4Poweeeer: @Joeski Also don't forget as well that Eugenes electronics guy he brought over with him from Aprilia would have helped alot with improving the electronicstrategies on the motec system. Engine wise I think that's something the team has been working on regardless of who is riding the bike.
The Team has been working on the engine based on Camier's input (and Cluzel) but regardless they would have worked on it with which ever rider. Eugene's electronics guy has very little experience with Motec (coming from Aprilia) so smart or not he did not make the suzuki a winner over christmas...Point is the development or feedback for it was from primarily Camier (with Cluzel being the rookie)... that bike was a capable winner last year! Camier just failed in showing that albeit through injury!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »