Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 2195
Position in rating: 44

Show Comments on:

Joeski

December 23, 2014 12:46 PM

WSBK » WSBK Rider of the Year vote: 2nd

I would say more or less my ratings were pretty much in line with the championship results... I believe I had Guigliano higher just on sheer determination and crazy trying to win but his inconsistency in races probably placed him where he is at... Unfortunately, I placed Baz way lower (nothing to do with his spat with Sykes) because I really expected a championship challenge from him this year... I really thought 2 Kawasaki would be in the top three positions at years end!! Although he improved overall with consistency and podium results minus the win, I expected more from his results on a top machine...

Joeski

December 22, 2014 7:29 PM

WSBK » WSBK Rider of the Year vote: 3rd

Roll on 2015...everything will be new to Rea in first season with Ninja...so he has no real comparisons of what the bike did in 2014 vs 2015, Sykes on the other hand is now battling with a bike that he has developed (as a rider) that is totally different than what he rode this year...it is natural that he spent his time trying to get back that feeling and played and changed settings consistently chasing the "old" feeling... I like Rea and hope he does something spectacular, mostly to prove that Honda has been holding him back BUT these ridiculous predictions of him stomping Sykes have no grounds...at best he is unproven on the Kawasaki and only time will tell!! The POTENTIAL is there but so is the PROVEN POTENTIAL of Tom Sykes on the Green machine!!! Again..I like Rea but these predictions are really mere speculations!!!

Joeski

December 22, 2014 7:08 PM

MotoGP » ‘Healthy’ MotoGP facing ‘optimistic future’

I guess we can always debate...who gets the better return from all the billions they invest into racing!!! Honda who spend $80,000,000 (hypothetical expense) )on their MGP bikes for a world title? or.... Ducati who spends $40,000,000(hypothetical expense) on their MGP bikes for fifth??? or Aprilia who will spend about half of Ducati's budget for 13th place??? Etc etc etc etc....... This is like being mad at the billionaire who has a bigger, better house than yours!! Kind of dumb really...is it really bigger and better???...YES!!!! he has more money to afford it....that is the reality!!!!!!!!!!!

Joeski

December 22, 2014 9:05 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 3rd

"I though will always wonder just what his final points tally and acheivement would have been had 'Open' rules not denied him the rear tyre essential for decent race finishes at the majority of the tracks in 2014..." Denied one thing??? but given 5 other advantages and you still believe he was "denied" something..... Well since you want to discuss fair how about if they were back to factory class without ANY concessions....Correct me if I am wrong but when he was equal with other factories last year he didn't even get a podium on the Ducati. If I remember correctly Rossi got 3 podiums with Ducati WITHOUT any concessions...So I think Dovi got credit placing 3rd... Sorry but you are basically saying give Dovi more fuel, all tyres, unlimited testing and 12 instead of 5 engines and allow him to keep his factory software and I bet he could beat Yamaha and Honda......why not pitch in a head start in the race as well!!???

Joeski

December 22, 2014 9:12 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 3rd

PS That previous post was not an attack on Dovi just the backwards thinking of fans....crying unfair not giving Dovi the harder tyre when he already have all the concessions of OPEN category... which in fact gave Ducati and Dovi the leap forward in performance they needed...often closer to the leaders than they have been for years in race condition and out qualifying them as well for a good start... PS if Ducati was denied the softer tyre but given the harder option like other factories... he would have to fight his way up the order from back of top 10 then the same fans would be complaining about him eating up his tyres to get to the front!! and not being able to finish the race because of said tyres!!

Joeski

December 23, 2014 12:33 PM

WSBK » WSBK Rider of the Year vote: 2nd

These poles are subjective not objective...each of us (fans) gave varying weight to different aspects of what makes a rider rate high or low. On effort alone, and the fact that Rea was on the Honda which we all know to be a bit long in the tooth and no other rider has done squat with...I believe Rea has earned this position in this vote although I had Sykes as second... These poles are however interesting even though the objective results (championship result) already placed them.

Joeski

December 22, 2014 6:55 PM

MotoGP » ‘Healthy’ MotoGP facing ‘optimistic future’

"Think on this... Honda & Yamaha do not dominate in any other Motorsport that I can think of. Yet they are untouchable in MotoGP -& you think this is JUST because they build better bikes than anyone else? Give me a break." AHHHH? YES They have more money to do it and they do! PS Yamaha does not partake in any other wheeled sport so...I do like their watercrafts....they spank Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Ducati and for many years Honda...so to answer your question...they do build better MotoGP bikes but Honda is a direct competitor and have beaten them many times as well.... these 2 manufacturers are at the top of the pile...I do not believe aforementioned manufacturers are told by Honda and Yamaha how much to spend on their GP bikes!! So they have the most money and they make the best bikes...what is so perplexing??????????????????????????

Joeski

December 22, 2014 1:32 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 9th

"...cannot wait for 2015, to see what he can offer on a proper bike..." I think Scott wants to wait...because he needs more time on that NEW bike with his team to figure it out before the 2015 race season starts.... I think everyone was a little surprised that he could barely do the same times on the new RCV as he did on the OPEN bike... So I would say lets wait before we talk... because not only is he new, his whole team is taking a step up to MotoGP....IF he was with Gresini on the NEW RCV...I would be less worried and believe they could get it sorted in time with all their experience with the Honda!! I think Scottie will do ok but not the blow out performance we are all touting for 2015 (he will need another year) at least not until about mid to end of season he will come into his own..

Joeski

December 11, 2014 8:42 PM

MotoGP » Ducati GP15 set for Sepang II debut?

NineTimes: One must be as dumb as a bucket of hair not to see the FACT that Honda always has everything in their own favour.
You mean like 2004-2005 and between 2006 and 2011 when they never won a title??? and Yamaha won everything? and Rossi proved them wrong that it was the rider not just the machine? YEAH...I do see what you mean....2004-20012...(if u like u can use 2013 and 2014 as well) and tell me who has the most world titles!!) Yamaha - 6 World titles Honda - 2 World titles Ducati - 1 World title All in favor of HONDA!! and Ducati is the KING!!!!!!!! and those loser Yamahas... I am with you brother!!!!! in the opposite FACT universe!!!

Joeski

December 11, 2014 8:32 PM

MotoGP » Ducati GP15 set for Sepang II debut?

Agreed with Tetley...Ducati need to take the time they need not be pressured into an early release than they are ready for.... RE: Honda write the rules(repsol or HRC...whichever)..." This statement is too funny.... because I would do the same thing...you know! Go 5 years without a title and make sure the competitor Yamaha win all the titles and glory and also have my defected rider win on a competitor machine to prove me wrong....JUST to PROVE that I write the rules in my favor!!!!!! then borrow/pay top dollar for a Ducati rider to HELP ME because I cannot win the title with just ANY OL' Rider!!!! That must be the biggest reverse psychological ploy in history!!! because people on here are 1,000,000% sure Honda writes the rules!! Sensibly it would just be easier to say that as the biggest manufacturer who supports the sport the most in every way...they have some influence or weight but the ultimate decisions lie with all the voting members of the MSMA!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »