Crash.Net User: Joeski

Comments rating: 2407
Position in rating: 41

Show Comments on:

Joeski

February 02, 2015 7:21 PM

MotoGP » Suzuki: Real preparation starts at Sepang

If Suzuki is realistic 10th may be their best result in the overall championship...I am not referring to the occasional race but if I had to choose in no particular order...2 Factory Yamahas, 2 Factory Honda, 2 Factory Ducati, and 2 tech 3 and Cal Crutchlow (Petrucci is the dark horse IMO)... I believe these will be the first 9 in the championship come end 2015... so in realistic terms Suzuki's place is 10th or below...So that is their first goal to beat everyone else!! Success should then be guaged if their riders can defy the odds and break the top nine!!!! That will be a feat in and of itself so, consistency from their riders and no more mechanical breakdown and durability issues could see a better result than 10th.

Joeski

January 31, 2015 4:23 PM

WSBK » Canepa: I expected gap to EBR to be bigger

I already said that the previous riders did not have the level of talent required to get them into the points.... With that said...I am sure the bike has improved since last year but majority of the lower time gap and improvement is mostly down to Canepa...a WSBK level rider.... I expect them to finish in the points frequently this year but he will need some luck to slide into the top 10!! If he and team improve that bike to get within 1 - 1.5 seconds of the top he will be fighting for the top ten but I believe that will happen in 2016 not this year...Canepa needs a year on the bike and the manufacturer needs a year of input from this caliber rider to make the necessary development and changes. If they can make changes quick and bring new parts rapidly for testing, they could well be closer to that top 10 by last quarter - .end of 2015. With their size and scale it is most likely a slower process with a small budget so I expect 2016 to be the year they start to give their sponsors som

Joeski

February 02, 2015 5:03 PM

MotoGP » Suzuki: Real preparation starts at Sepang

Suzuki will do well...but that also depends on your definition of do well means... if they did what Ducati did in 2011-13... I would say they did well...they have not been on track since 2011 and a lot of faster bikes are in the mix now plus if they actually manage 2 podiums (gifted or not) and top 6-9 in the championship as Dovi and Rossi did in those years on Ducati.... then yes! I would say big success BUT if by doing well you mean win races and challenge the top 4 or even Ducati over the season in general... I would say prepare to fail!!

Joeski

February 02, 2015 5:19 PM

MotoGP » Suzuki: Real preparation starts at Sepang

Also we have to consider the potential of the new OPEN Honda...what will Nicky and Laverty do and also what will Bradl do on the bike vacated by Aleix ... I do not want to seem pessimistic...but to think Aleix will suddenly run over 75% of the field because he is on a factory team is not realistic... Suzuki themselves have little to no data for most of the tracks so it is fingers crossed for them.... I say learning year and more to come in 2016 when the regulations even out the field (as even as it will get anyway). I understand however and will be the first to jump up cheering Aleix if he surprises the field ...but my fingers are crossed not for him because he can do the job..... but for Suzuki to step up to the plate!!!

Joeski

February 02, 2015 5:13 PM

MotoGP » Suzuki: Real preparation starts at Sepang

On the new Suzuki...Aleix (whom I rate highly) will struggle to match his pace/form from last year...because the competition is much higher this year. Both Factory Ducati's may conceivably place higher in 2015... Cal Crutchlow is looking better for a top 6 this year (which will push Aleix further back). Petrucci is looking dam good on the Pramac as well as Yonny! Scott is unkown for now as he is struggling with his "new to GP" team but he should conceivably be faster this year providing more resistance for Aleix to make the break he did last year... The bigger problem Aleix has is the multitude of unknown quantities this year with this new bike. last year he had the benefit of Yamaha knowledge and input at all the tracks....maybe some luck will see Suzuki pull a Ducati 2007!!! but that is rare and unlikely!! In any case he will perform highly but may be limited by what the machine can actually achieve

Joeski

February 02, 2015 2:06 PM

WSBK » ‘Enthusiasm returning’ for ex-champ Biaggi

Motojunky: I think if Max/Troy came back and could not mix it anymore, that would be no where near as embarrassing as a guy that's been in Moto GP for 8 seasons and still not won a title.
Too funny....Motojunky.don't hold back now...tell us how you really feel about that other Repsol guy.... on the plus side Honda wants him around because he seems to give good luck to all his teammates...let's see...Nicky won a title, Stoner won one and Marquez won 2...so yea.. I would keep him too lol....Honda are guaranteed to win a title with their other rider if he is around... PS...I like Dani and hope he does win a title....but the facts are hard to argue against..

Joeski

January 31, 2015 3:05 PM

WSBK » ‘Enthusiasm returning’ for ex-champ Biaggi

I would like if he does comeback but only if he is competitive and believes he can make a run at the title...not saying he has to win but IF he were to comeback and could win a few and take the points fight down to the last 2 rounds and be in the top 3-4 at seasons end.. I would say job done! BUT...big ol' BUT.... he needs to assess if he is competitive first and not just coming back to fill the grid and fight for tenth...so I believe these wild cards could be a good evaluation of that...but the other upside to these wild cards is getting Max to re-grease his wheels and get up to speed and back to his racer form that way his development input for the WSBK or even the MotoGP project will be more relevant, as he will not be 4 seconds off the pace making his input worthless at race speeds...

Joeski

January 29, 2015 12:06 AM

WSBK » ‘Good feeling’ as Giugliano sets fast test pace

1 second faster than last years pole... I realize that temperature etc etc has a lot to do with grip levels etc but I am a bit surprised that the bikes are that much quicker here...these new rules are not quite "EVO" but should have been a middle ground between full SBK and EVO... so I thought lap times would be slower... Does anyone have any specifics as to track temperature, top speed, new improved Pirelli's...horsepower etc during this test????

Joeski

January 29, 2015 12:14 AM

WSBK » Giugliano sets fierce Ducati pace in testing

shamarone: re: "I am a little surprised that they are this much faster with the new rules!!" don't be...there are no fast riders upside down in the gravel with fuel pouring out their tank.
I am not surprised they are fast...I am surprised that the new rules has not slowed them down... 1 second faster than last year with dumbed down SBK not quite EVO but supposedly less electronics and less...well...SBK!! Sorry but I do not recall any expert on here including yourself saying they would be faster with the new rules!!!!!!!!!! in fact quite the contrary....

Joeski

January 27, 2015 9:53 PM

WSBK » Giugliano sets fierce Ducati pace in testing

"Canepa.... four tenths shy of his best lap on a Ducati last year and three seconds better than his predecessors" I said that the EBR had issues but I had questioned the riders ability at this level (although it is also likely the bike improved over the winter).... If EBR can find another 1sec...it will be looking real good for them!! at least to fight for points at all events....which is much more than last year!!! I hope Canepa can sneak a few top ten results like Redding did in MotoGP on the OPEN Bike... Shame about Guintoli... hope he gets well soon! I know I will get slated for this but I am putting a side bet on Guigliano for the title!!.... Tom's where my money is BUT Guigliano is looking impressive as he does over one lap but I am hoping he finds that consistency for a title tilt!! I am a little surprised that they are this much faster with the new rules!! who would have thought!!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »