Crash.Net User: RSMick

Comments rating: 1190
Position in rating: 122

Show Comments on:

RSMick

December 03, 2014 2:02 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Tetley: Not in all markets. Here in UK, Eurosport comes as part of my Sky package and the cost is the same whether I view WSBK or not. But your comment worries me as it sounds like the rot has already set in.
I am in the UK, if you don't get it on Freeview, Freesat or the internet you are paying for it, you pay for it as part of your Sky package, if Eurosport wasn't on there it would be slightly cheaper. Its like saying that GP's are free to BT internet users. WSB used to be free on their web-site but that was very shortsighted, the TV companies started dropping out as they were paying for it. FGS then gave exclusive rights in Europe to Eurosport, so the only way to watch was pay by TV or on the Eurosport web-site which had terrible band width. Dorna have turned that around to give web-site coverage which last year apart from Jonathon Green (who wont be there next year, it will be Steve Day and Greg Haines) it waspretty good. Remember you need a TV license t

RSMick

December 03, 2014 12:38 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Somersetlemon: Well I will not pay to watch sport on TV under any circumstances. I have seen no Moto GP this year, but have watched a lot of WSBK on Eurosport, and also BSB.
How did you watch Eurosport without paying?
Tetley: The part which worries me is that Dorna also owns WSBK, so it is entirely possible that Superbikes will follow MotoGP into pay-per-view, losing thousands, if not millions of viewers, leading into terminal decline of the sport.
It is already on Pay TV

RSMick

December 02, 2014 12:05 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

TF2: Do you disagree with my post then?
Most sequels aren't as good as the first. As I stated to the disillusioned guy that used to come on here, I enjoy it, pay for it and am happy with it. If your not, don't watch, don't comment (and give it more press), forget about it. Then Dorna will lose viewers, lose revenue, the FIM will hand someone else the rights and you will be happy as it will return to what it was 1990, no sponsorship and a few people turning up with 10 year old bikes that cannot challenge the front 4 and rusty transit vans.

RSMick

December 03, 2014 10:57 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

DB8: Meanwhile....In the real world......
The real world is changing fast, media changing faster than anything. I could say why do I have to have a TV license to fund the BBC that I don't watch? I even have to have a license to watch Motogp on the internet that I pay for externally, nobody moans about that, The BBC or Eurosport have never been free, those who use Torrents well you wont get them for free either, you might think you are and may be paying in a very involuntary way.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 5:54 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Bendy: 2 - Stop closing in on one bike at every corner. Stay back and show the whole action - like spectators do at the actual race. 3 - Move the cameras to different parts of the track every year. Have Dorna copied F1, by ensuring their sponsors adverts are shown at every opportunity? 4 - Throw away the high speed camera nonsense. How often do we
2 = Ha, so you want just one camera covering an area and see all the bikes shoot past? 3 = Ha, kind of contradicts 2. and the point of the report advertising. 4 = In a HD mad world, something that sells, their new 4k camera's are ground breaking as are the girocams.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 1:10 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

mrfill: Both F1 and motoGP are trying to emulate the football model which has been a cash cow for many year.
I don't think they are, they are trying to get the best deal for the services they provide, like any business, BT paid £8m for MotoGp this year, I think the figure for half the Premiership games was £360m. As BT sport still does not have many subscribers yet its not suprising the figures are down, but BT have sat on their laurels for too many years particular with their woeful broadband, but having the premiership will give Motogp more exposure with those customers (mostly pub lads who will watch in the pub more) so maybe more casual exposure than BBC2 for an hour.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 2:18 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

£8m isn't exactly hitting the big time but it is more than BBC were offering with a brighter future, would BBC have given 3 day coverage apart from on red button? Would BBC have had studio coverage? I would imagine that getting it alongside Premiership football is a good long term plan, where as BBC loses more and more it is not. I wouldn't know about BTCC its never appealed to me, isn't it getting totally manufactured now? So that is a short term plan, what are the viewing figures for BTCC because even though I have seen it, it doesn't appeal to me personally.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 12:42 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Mrfill, if you have the previous season pass you get offered it at knock down price for the following season by the end of the Valencia race, you also get the close season for free. I think they offer new viewers the off season for free as well by the same date. Now you can only buy the off season until a month before the new season. Makes a change for loyalty to be rewarded, rather than penalising it.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »