Crash.Net User: RSMick

Comments rating: 884
Position in rating: 116

Show Comments on:

RSMick

February 17, 2014 8:02 AM

MotoGP » BT Sport reveals MotoGP TV line-up

Herewego Motogp was massive in Spain before it was full of Spanish riders, mainly because of they were good at the tiddler classes. I remember crowds of over 100k and mainstream reporting before they had any riders in the 500 class, then Pons and Guarriga both moved up to the top class and was dubbed the Spanish civil war. When Criville came 3rd at Jerez it when wild, when Puig won it 2 years later it was if the crowd had been given £1m each. Britain is like someone said football and at the moment TeamGB, when you have a nation and press that goes wild if a leading CEO gets 2m a year but when a footballer gets 10m thats ok, parents and coaches who tell their kids to concentrate on football rather than education. But I do remember the days when bike racing was big, I remember world of sport interupting its half time round up to go live to Silverstone where Barrry Sheene was announcing he was now to get a full factory Yamaha. All down to Barry though.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 9:16 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

As the saying goes 'act like a child you will be treated as such'. When one starts to lose it, results in insults. As I said before you call yourself Talentfan but cannot see the talent, nearly all the top GP riders have got there without rider aids, with exception of Crutchlow (WSS,WSB & BSB). They didn't just get there and become great because of rider aids, every factory rider is an ex world champion except Smith, only Crutchlow has done it with rider aids. Put Marquez or Lorenzo on any bike in Motogp or WSB and I am sure they would get that extra 0.2 - 0.5 out of it, up to 15 seconds in a race, about the gap to the 2nd bunch last year. When you see the the riders drifting with the wheel spinning there is no TC there is desperately trying to catch up, it and the rider knows if you cut the power he will be flown into orbit, have you tried to keep the throttle open when spinning? There is no TC on the front wheel when they are doing their unicyle bit.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 7:45 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Talentfan - Why would I not like you ? You an amazing source of ammusement. You said that would there any takers in a against a bet that Honda would easily win the championship, I am up for it with something worthwhile to benefit. You can either wait till the end of the season or both lodge say £100 with the CJ riders fund. Crash - Why delete a post asking why I was being called thick but not the one actually calling me thick? Is being called thick not an insult? Leaves a thought in my head.

RSMick

February 15, 2014 12:24 PM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Neither is Motogp, the clue is in the title. You want to show only the talent of the rider, and stop anything enhancing his talent so he may profit from it, but you are happy to profit from the so called "geeks" in your own professional career. The winch example would be ok in your eyes because that is a mechanical enhancement not a electronic, maybe if it had a inverter on it and current/frequency was only induced when back emf was detected, yes. All business is a competition of human skill and believe me endurance, skill comes in many forms. WCM yes a complaint was lodged but nothing to do with the manufacturers they were more than happy for it to proceed, do a search using your geek tools, it was a lot deeper than someone just complaining. Prototype didn't really come into it, that was press talk at that time, bear in mind there were more RCV211V's and M1's produced that year than FP1's, Tornados, and 999F03's.

RSMick

February 15, 2014 9:55 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Before long classic events will be more popular than MotoGP. It's happening already - look at the huge success of Goodwood & the Classic TTracers I'll bet.
Goodwood, which I presume you mean the revival, the festival of speed attracts bigger crowds and they have modern machinery on show there, do these events attact large TV audiences? There you go again I'll bet or do you mean 'I am guessing'? Bet then, ill have one with you. Your information is always what you think and not what is fact, ie WCM. You still assume that mechanical innovations eg slipper clutch is not classed as a rider aid, it must really hurt you and your over active fingers like fellow smartie eater Shamorone that GP figures rise year on year and not fall as you keep predicting, or that Dorna have some good idea's and are not stealing all the money as you keep saying. If you dont like dont watch, try attending a race weekend it may enlighten you.

RSMick

February 15, 2014 9:33 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

TalentFan: What's wrong with expecting a world class racer to race a fast motorcycle that requires ONLY rider skill not more computers than NASA?
Instead of spending so much time defending your opinion rather than fact, use the web for what it was intended and find out exactly what the ECU does. And stop calling the guys who programme these ECU's geeks or nerds, you don't seem to know the meaning of the words. Geek could mean someone who has a high understanding of maths but not what it was intended. These guys don't just programme they have to have a high engineering understanding to evaluate what is required mechanically to be able translate it and produce the end result. They come up with some neat tricks, it almost sounds as if your jealous, did you fail at maths? Why don't you try and create some interest on the very lonely WSB boards about the Kawasaki and Aprilia elctronics packages which are every boolean (sorry) bit matching if not exceeding the Mo

RSMick

February 15, 2014 11:26 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

The point is Talentfan simple you are so against software aids but you are using them in your line of business, do you still use phase failure relays, CT coils connected directly to relays and timers or do you use a proprietary controller? Its not really my field, the only time I have been involved in it was the BP plant at Inamenas where I did the software for controlling the HV generators, HV switching and water supplies but the CAT generators there had controllers which I talked to over profibus. The other was my mates place in Almeria where he has no power so I got a couple of Himoinsa genie's, batteries and an outback inverter, whilst I was going to create him a montoring system to link them all with a Simatic controller I found the Outback was capable of doing it with a few parameter sets, so again I used somebody elses skills to make my life easier. If you not claming to be a historical expert, why do you make statements about the past in arguments before checking there vali

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »