Crash.Net User: RSMick

Position in rating: 122

Show Comments on:

RSMick

September 02, 2014 9:10 PM

MotoGP » Silverstone ‘extremely disappointed’ to lose 2015 MotoGP

PCXMAC: Works for me.
Why continue to complain then? I am still baffled, Supersic, have you been to a Donny GP or a Silverstone GP? if so where did you watch from each. As I remember the last time I was at Donny it was £80 for 3 days standing on a mud heap with human waste all around seeing a total of around 500 meters from a distance. This time I paid £105 (this year being the most expensive) for an allocated seat, less than 50 feet from the track being able to see down from Aintree, through Brooklands, Luffield, National straight and Copse and got a T shirt thrown in.

RSMick

September 03, 2014 7:30 AM

MotoGP » Donington Park to host 2015 British MotoGP

Barts: To RSMick ' atmosphere is sitting comfortably in a stand watching a big screen'. Are you having a laugh. You have obviously never sat/stood on the grass banks at mugello jezez brno and assen. The grass banks always have the best atmosphere, they r the cheap seats not the rip off grandstands at Silverstone. Delighted its back to good old doddo.
I have, but no one is talking about Mugello, Jerez, Brno or Assen, we are talking the difference between Silverstone and Donington, The rip off grand stands at Silverstone you talk of are not much more expensive than the grass banks of Donington. I just find it amazing as from about 2000 all people on the bike chats was full of after a GP was Donington was a ****hole, and the 5 hours to get in and out again. 2009 being the worse after it was carved up for F1. I look forward to reading this site next year. PS what is Doddo

RSMick

September 02, 2014 7:12 PM

MotoGP » Donington Park to host 2015 British MotoGP

Where do you stand a mile away from the action? Standing at the Fogarty esses you see 2 quick spurts of bikes for 5 seconds, Main Straight what 15 seconds, Redgate 15 seconds? Some of these people who say the viewing at Donny is better, have you actually been to both?

Yearby23: For the amount it costs to go to Silverstone for the weekend you can go to Assen for the weekend with travel included...and I'm sorry but Assen is better than Silverstone.
You can get tickets, return journey and camping/lodging for less than £160, please teach us.

RSMick

September 02, 2014 6:48 PM

MotoGP » Donington Park to host 2015 British MotoGP

Atmosphere is sitting in a stand comfortably watching a big screen as well as the live action with the crowd noise echoing around you, not standing in mud trying to hear what the commentator is saying on a 1945 PA system. Seeing Redding win his first GP was good atmosphere but nothing like seeing him win the Moto2 at Silverstone. The best Donny GP I would say was seeing Mackenzie hit the front on the Ago Malboro Yam in 89 with 100k there, although that was quickly forgotten by getting home at 9.30 at night and I lived 30 mins from the circuit.

RSMick

September 02, 2014 6:15 PM

MotoGP » Donington Park to host 2015 British MotoGP

Liam48: I went to Donington for the 2004 British GP as a kid and it wads the best weekend of my life. Silverstone does produce great racing but from what I've heard and speaking to Marshals in the BSB paddock it is terrible for viewing and unless you're near a big screen them you won't see much of the racing.
If you would have visited, you would have known the truth and you may have had the best weekend of your life. 87 to 09 were never considered my best GP's

RSMick

September 02, 2014 7:57 PM

MotoGP » Donington Park to host 2015 British MotoGP

Agree 100% more a bike track! too far away at Silverstone due to F1 needing big run off's, and just too big, 1st and 2nd this and last year was good, but the rest to strung out, welcome back Donnington.
Again apart from about 3 occasions where 3 were close in the rain, it was always as much jf not more spread out as Silverstone. Where can you be close to the track and see loads at Donington. The melbourne section of the track is hated by every Motogp racer. COW will never be built, they don't have any money, DVLL and Simon Gillet spring to mind.

RSMick

September 02, 2014 7:05 PM

MotoGP » Marquez unapologetic over 'aggressive' Lorenzo pass

TalentFan:I'll watch it if I have nothing better to do
Kind of thing my kids used to say, you obviously watch it on ITV4 then! But you were commenting on Marquez moves yesterday, BT sport is for the rugby then.
TalentFan: Will you also tell your ally Brain he doesn't deserve to get information he didn't pay for as well btw?
Now that seems a childish statement after reading some of your posts of the last week. See your also back to deleting your posts. But don't see why not, it would be of interest to him.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »