Crash.Net User: RSMick

Comments rating: 887
Position in rating: 132

Show Comments on:

RSMick

February 17, 2014 8:02 AM

MotoGP » BT Sport reveals MotoGP TV line-up

Herewego Motogp was massive in Spain before it was full of Spanish riders, mainly because of they were good at the tiddler classes. I remember crowds of over 100k and mainstream reporting before they had any riders in the 500 class, then Pons and Guarriga both moved up to the top class and was dubbed the Spanish civil war. When Criville came 3rd at Jerez it when wild, when Puig won it 2 years later it was if the crowd had been given £1m each. Britain is like someone said football and at the moment TeamGB, when you have a nation and press that goes wild if a leading CEO gets 2m a year but when a footballer gets 10m thats ok, parents and coaches who tell their kids to concentrate on football rather than education. But I do remember the days when bike racing was big, I remember world of sport interupting its half time round up to go live to Silverstone where Barrry Sheene was announcing he was now to get a full factory Yamaha. All down to Barry though.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 12:00 PM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Marquez makes lots of mistakes and takes many different lines to correct them and has an amazing ability to do this, he always has not just Motogp. Take the last lap at Silverstone going in to Brooklands he took a lot narrower line that normal and Lorenzo took a wider one, in WSB not a problem, Motogp I would imagine the ECU is looping to find what should happen as something is different, they may not even have parameters for that line, it all takes time to work out and action, more than the time it takes a rider to be launched. Its like McWilliams said when riding for Ilmor, when they told him to keep the throttle open full in the corners, he said "You get on the bike and you keep it open" You like most people believe that software can cure anything, it can't, its just a series of questions and answers, if it doesn't have the answer in the memory then it sits there scratching its head looking.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 10:43 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Cal has learnt his trade, and generally does get spanked by Marquez and Lorenzo, remember what he said last year? He puts Lorenzo's settings in his bike and cannot get near, he uses Lorenzo's lines and cannot get near. One amazing piece of talent that Mr Lorenzo. Cals problems at Ducati are not being caused by lack of electronics. If it isn't in the heart of the rider, no amount of electronics will make up for that.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 10:18 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

In my job when programming, we have to look at every possibility of what can go wrong to try and prevent it happening and correcting should there be a problem, I still have to rely on mechanical devices to give the information what is happening, if that fails its a problem. The general opinion when I get to a problem like that is for someone to say write some code to get round it, mine is ****off, its dangerous. My biggest problem when evaluating is one element, mechanical problems I can fortell by planning and commissioning and pure automatic lines are easy, that one element I can never plan for is human intervention, becuase you never know what a human will do.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 9:41 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Like I was telling you last year to no avail the spec ECU will level things out, whether Honda have an inclinometer is debateable, they certainly won't have the gyroscope they had last year, transducers will be limited. Open riders will have I think 3 levels of mapping, with TC either on or off. To me if Honda are using corner specific, which takes a lot of code is quite an achievement in an ECU not made for it. Codger I can see that as I can see why mr Talentfan gets over passionate about it, in my day on RD250/400, it was that, a bit of jetting and moving the forks up and down and a click on the rear each side, jump forward 20 years on a Conti and I am playing with clutch springs, swing arm positions, linkages etc, all mechnical adjustments to aid the rider to go quicker if its right. Times change and I personally do not see why mechnical advances are classed as OK but not electronic. Maybe the worse piece of software engineering was Windows95/NT and its push to computing without kn

RSMick

February 17, 2014 9:16 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

As the saying goes 'act like a child you will be treated as such'. When one starts to lose it, results in insults. As I said before you call yourself Talentfan but cannot see the talent, nearly all the top GP riders have got there without rider aids, with exception of Crutchlow (WSS,WSB & BSB). They didn't just get there and become great because of rider aids, every factory rider is an ex world champion except Smith, only Crutchlow has done it with rider aids. Put Marquez or Lorenzo on any bike in Motogp or WSB and I am sure they would get that extra 0.2 - 0.5 out of it, up to 15 seconds in a race, about the gap to the 2nd bunch last year. When you see the the riders drifting with the wheel spinning there is no TC there is desperately trying to catch up, it and the rider knows if you cut the power he will be flown into orbit, have you tried to keep the throttle open when spinning? There is no TC on the front wheel when they are doing their unicyle bit.

RSMick

February 17, 2014 7:45 AM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Talentfan - Why would I not like you ? You an amazing source of ammusement. You said that would there any takers in a against a bet that Honda would easily win the championship, I am up for it with something worthwhile to benefit. You can either wait till the end of the season or both lodge say £100 with the CJ riders fund. Crash - Why delete a post asking why I was being called thick but not the one actually calling me thick? Is being called thick not an insult? Leaves a thought in my head.

RSMick

February 15, 2014 12:24 PM

MotoGP » Honda would 'stop' if software is controlled

Neither is Motogp, the clue is in the title. You want to show only the talent of the rider, and stop anything enhancing his talent so he may profit from it, but you are happy to profit from the so called "geeks" in your own professional career. The winch example would be ok in your eyes because that is a mechanical enhancement not a electronic, maybe if it had a inverter on it and current/frequency was only induced when back emf was detected, yes. All business is a competition of human skill and believe me endurance, skill comes in many forms. WCM yes a complaint was lodged but nothing to do with the manufacturers they were more than happy for it to proceed, do a search using your geek tools, it was a lot deeper than someone just complaining. Prototype didn't really come into it, that was press talk at that time, bear in mind there were more RCV211V's and M1's produced that year than FP1's, Tornados, and 999F03's.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  »