Crash.Net User: RSMick

Comments rating: 1129
Position in rating: 113

Show Comments on:

RSMick

December 03, 2014 3:15 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Then Mr Tbaggs is an I not a we. Mr Tbaggs should also should stop inferring that WSB there for all to see for no extra payment and Dorna will take that away. Maybe you stick to paying for Eurosport as your happy to do so, and let those who are happy to pay for BTsport or Motogp do so, that is true agreeing to differ.

We liked the Eurosport TV coverage provided by Sky. We'd rather watch on a decent TV than huddle around a small laptop.
Technology has moved forward since those days like the way we watch TV, I huddle round a 50" TV watching Motogp from the internet, its been possible since TV's started including RGB ports, never mind,DVI, HDMI, Display port, DLNA, SmartTV or casting, basically around 12 years

RSMick

December 03, 2014 2:02 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Tetley: Not in all markets. Here in UK, Eurosport comes as part of my Sky package and the cost is the same whether I view WSBK or not. But your comment worries me as it sounds like the rot has already set in.
I am in the UK, if you don't get it on Freeview, Freesat or the internet you are paying for it, you pay for it as part of your Sky package, if Eurosport wasn't on there it would be slightly cheaper. Its like saying that GP's are free to BT internet users. WSB used to be free on their web-site but that was very shortsighted, the TV companies started dropping out as they were paying for it. FGS then gave exclusive rights in Europe to Eurosport, so the only way to watch was pay by TV or on the Eurosport web-site which had terrible band width. Dorna have turned that around to give web-site coverage which last year apart from Jonathon Green (who wont be there next year, it will be Steve Day and Greg Haines) it waspretty good. Remember you need a TV license t

RSMick

December 03, 2014 12:38 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Somersetlemon: Well I will not pay to watch sport on TV under any circumstances. I have seen no Moto GP this year, but have watched a lot of WSBK on Eurosport, and also BSB.
How did you watch Eurosport without paying?
Tetley: The part which worries me is that Dorna also owns WSBK, so it is entirely possible that Superbikes will follow MotoGP into pay-per-view, losing thousands, if not millions of viewers, leading into terminal decline of the sport.
It is already on Pay TV

RSMick

December 03, 2014 10:57 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

DB8: Meanwhile....In the real world......
The real world is changing fast, media changing faster than anything. I could say why do I have to have a TV license to fund the BBC that I don't watch? I even have to have a license to watch Motogp on the internet that I pay for externally, nobody moans about that, The BBC or Eurosport have never been free, those who use Torrents well you wont get them for free either, you might think you are and may be paying in a very involuntary way.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 5:54 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

Bendy: 2 - Stop closing in on one bike at every corner. Stay back and show the whole action - like spectators do at the actual race. 3 - Move the cameras to different parts of the track every year. Have Dorna copied F1, by ensuring their sponsors adverts are shown at every opportunity? 4 - Throw away the high speed camera nonsense. How often do we
2 = Ha, so you want just one camera covering an area and see all the bikes shoot past? 3 = Ha, kind of contradicts 2. and the point of the report advertising. 4 = In a HD mad world, something that sells, their new 4k camera's are ground breaking as are the girocams.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 1:10 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

mrfill: Both F1 and motoGP are trying to emulate the football model which has been a cash cow for many year.
I don't think they are, they are trying to get the best deal for the services they provide, like any business, BT paid £8m for MotoGp this year, I think the figure for half the Premiership games was £360m. As BT sport still does not have many subscribers yet its not suprising the figures are down, but BT have sat on their laurels for too many years particular with their woeful broadband, but having the premiership will give Motogp more exposure with those customers (mostly pub lads who will watch in the pub more) so maybe more casual exposure than BBC2 for an hour.

RSMick

December 02, 2014 2:18 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'

£8m isn't exactly hitting the big time but it is more than BBC were offering with a brighter future, would BBC have given 3 day coverage apart from on red button? Would BBC have had studio coverage? I would imagine that getting it alongside Premiership football is a good long term plan, where as BBC loses more and more it is not. I wouldn't know about BTCC its never appealed to me, isn't it getting totally manufactured now? So that is a short term plan, what are the viewing figures for BTCC because even though I have seen it, it doesn't appeal to me personally.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »