Crash.Net User: Arclight X

Comments rating: 133
Position in rating: 637

Show Comments on:

Arclight X

May 13, 2013 11:02 PM

MotoGP » Hector Barbera statement following assault charge

I'm not a Spaniard so I'm not going to judge or assume I know what passes for normal over there, buy I will say this.... I don't care where you're from or what your habits or culture dictates. You never, never, never raise your hand to a women. Period. Do whatever the f@ck you have to do, walk away, go for a beer, visit a friend, go for a ride, play some cards, do whatever you need to do but you don't strike a woman. Be a man, grow a pair if necessary, and if you're intent on slugging some on find some one your own size/strength and have at it hoss.

Arclight X

September 04, 2011 4:16 AM

MotoGP » Edwards excels, two falls for Crutchlow

Is it still not fair to compare Spies' rookie year with Tech3 against Cal's? I'm no brit but I see it this way, Current caliber of MotoGP riders is insane. Spies basically destroyed the WSBK in his first year and he's still no alien yet, on the verge mind you but not quite there. I don't understand how anyone coming from WSBK who can't beat the likes of Checa, Biaggi, Melandri would have any hopes of doing well in MotoGP. The bar was set pretty high for Spies before he came over. Basically if he didn't win, or all but win the WSBK title he would have been staying in WSBK for at least another year. No idea how anyone can expect to do remotely as well as Spies does in MotoGP if they aren't even coming close to what he did in WSBK.

Arclight X

August 29, 2011 5:00 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow 'back on track' despite choking

On a related topic, I nearly rolled over laughing when M. Roberts stumbled along Toseland on the grid and James started to (I don't want to say "Make excuses") provide insight into why Cal might be struggling. Oh for the love of God, that's the last thing anyone wants to hear, least of all Crutchlow himself. Encourage the guy, say things like "He's one solid finish from getting his Mojo back, etc. etc.." but don't start prophesizing his demise ala a previous MotoGP Brit. My $0.02

Arclight X

August 29, 2011 4:54 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow 'back on track' despite choking

He finished a race so there's something (perhaps not much) to be said for that. I keep thinking that its got to be hard for the guy considering the record he's most certainly being measured against in Herve's mind. Correct me if you feel I'm off base but when I read Poncheral's comments it seems like one can almost read between the lines to some extent such as "well we didn't expect you to be the equal of Spies but come on you've got to be at least in the same neighbourhood". Not an easy position to find himself in but he knew this going in.

Arclight X

February 23, 2011 3:41 AM

MotoGP » 'Poisoned' Crutchlow annoyed by falls

So You know..... The fact that he's getting help from Colin to sort out his bike and being honest about the situation (good or bad) frankly bodes very very well as far as I'm concerned. So he's laying all his cards on the table, being very methodical about his successes and challenges, identifying what's working and what still needs attention, garnering advice and guidance from his teammate and probably his teamates' crew. What's not to like about all that! So he's not worrying about "oh sh1t!!! I'm not top 3 yet!!! OMFG!!!" nor should he at this point.

Arclight X

February 02, 2011 11:59 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow ‘fine’ after fall

Rider Crutchlow Bike Yamaha Day 1 2:04.009 Day 2 2:03.032 Diff 2.262 (from Pedrosa) Impvt 0.977 Not a bad day in my opinion. No idea why so many are slagging him considering Spies crashed hard yesterday as well. Basically improved by a second over day one, got more laps in, built some confidence, recovered from a mishap, dusted himself off and carried on with the business of testing. As was stated by another in a semi-related article from a few days ago, if you put aside for a moment the phenomenon that is Spies... This is what progress looks like. Despite what the masses may think. Well Done.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »