Crash.Net User: Arclight X

Comments rating: 134
Position in rating: 726

Show Comments on:

Arclight X

June 22, 2009 11:28 PM

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

"...I bet the Yamaha's clutch is made by STM." Yeah I was gonna ask. Who supplies clutches for Yamaha's works team? I figure it must either be STM or Yoyodyne, those being the 2 biggest names in clutches that I know of. And in case you were wondering, yep, I want to know which it is so I never make the mistake of purchasing parts from that vendor. Over $1K US/Canadian currency for an STM after market slipper clutch over here. I'd laugh my ass off if it was indeed them who supplied it. If some one knows, speak up please.

Arclight X

June 21, 2009 10:04 PM

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

"Let's not forget the one were his bike ran out of fuel. That is three races and one forsure win that were taken away over something being over looked." Yep, that's another one that I forgot about which makes 3. I'm absolutely amazed he's as close as he is to Haga in the standings with 3 bogus no-shows. Trying to focus on the positive here. Very glad (and some what amazed) that he was able to claw back a few points in race 2 to come out 5pts closer to Haga after this weekend. God was I ever fricken willing Fabrizio and Rea to finish ahead of Haga those last few laps. If the team can just put an end to this b*ll**** then it would be entirely in his hands to take the title in his rookie yr.

Arclight X

June 21, 2009 9:52 PM
Last Edited 1915 days ago

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

*** Grrrr *** I think I'm slowly getting over my anger now despite there being no excuse for these events. Ben, keep your chin up buddy. There's still 6 rounds left, you know you can do this. Mathematically it's still very doable. Hell if Hayden can come back from 8 points in one race to take the championship you sure as hell can come back with 12 races left to run. Get House to yell at the staff to straighten their **** up and just continue to concentrate on the business of riding and winning. You can do this, stay focused and get er' done.

Arclight X

June 21, 2009 9:24 PM
Last Edited 1915 days ago

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

".. I adjusted the hell out of it for several laps, trying anything to make it work. It was difficult trying to race and work on the bike at the same time." Don't you just love that quote? Ben Spies doing double duty as a mechanic. Although I'm not privy to the exact wording of his contract with Yamaha, I'm willing to bet my mortgage that part-time work as a mechanic isn't part of it. IF I actually was a member of his mechanics crew or worse yet chief engineer I'd be asking some one to hand me a loaded gun so I could put myself out of my misery. Do I need to go into all of the tired cliches now? 1. WTF are you being paid for? 2. Do you need me to tell you how to do your job? 3. etc..

Arclight X

June 21, 2009 8:56 PM

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

Sweet Jesus It seems to me that his biggest competition is his bike and getting things sorted so it stays in one piece for race distance. Here's what I don't get, He has a full team of mechanics, engineers, data guys, assistant mechanics, etc.. etc.. all supporting him and the bike so he can concentrate solely on the business of riding it, and yet with all that support he cans two races (one because of a slipping clutch and another for a broken shifter arm?) If I brought my bike (also a yammy) into the local shop for servicing and rode off only to have my shifter arm or clutch malfunction I'd be fricken livid. This is a Pro team with Pro mechanics and staff. No excuse for this stuff.

Arclight X

May 11, 2009 6:04 PM
Last Edited 1956 days ago

WSBK » Neukirchner suffers broken femur

Sorry for Max, that crash looked terrible, didn't even see it coming. Get well soon. Mladin Needs to get on that bike and simply bring it. With him on the suzuki it would be all out war in Utah and/or Kayalami. I would pay money to see that match up. It would shut the yaps of all the ignorant ******s who just don't know any better but enjoy flaunting their ignorance but more importantly it would be the death match of racing on the world stage, Spies vs. Mladin. Simply put, this match up NEEDS to happen. Period.

Arclight X

January 25, 2009 9:43 PM
Last Edited 2062 days ago

MotoGP » BBC responds to MotoGP fans.

Part I Howdy Belinda. Don't mind the crass comments, you work in media and I'm sure have developed a thick skin over the years. People can be rude, it happens, you know this, don't let it phase you. Moving along... I would say that the majority of concern shared by most is that basically in terms of the measure of quality, quantity and substance that the BBC finds itself in as the sole English Language Broadcaster of MotoGP is being ranked squarely against what most were accustomed to with Eurosport on literally a point by point basis. I won't address quality or substance because indeed those are very subjective points and everyone has a valid opinion. Cont on Part II...

Arclight X

January 25, 2009 9:43 PM
Last Edited 2062 days ago

MotoGP » BBC responds to MotoGP fans.

Part II Now I rather enjoyed both Eurosport & BBC widescreen coverage equally so I'll admit my bias upfront, that being said I would humbly suggest that if BBC carried the same quantity of coverage that Eurosport did previously, (e.g. Friday Practice, Sat Qualifying, Full Race Day coverage) It would go a long way to pleasing most with respect to your comment of not being able to please everyone all the time which I completely agree with. I appreciate that being able to deliver full comprehensive coverage in the manner stated is far easier said the done what with competing events and fixed time slots, that being said if a voice of clarity was needed then there it is. Cheers from Canada!

« 6 7 8 9 10