Crash.Net User: Arclight X

Comments rating: 133
Position in rating: 637

Show Comments on:

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 8:03 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

"I'm sorry but you can't write things like this and get away with it! " Yeah that did sound a little backhanded didn't it lol. I do hope he does succeed, top 10 and such, I just don't envy his position especially considering the unforgiving nature of his home fans/media. I suppose he's already accustomed to that mind you, but I can't imagine that will be easy the first time Matt Roberts puts a microphone in his face after qualifying 12th and asks "So Cal, what went wrong? All of the UK wants to know?" Anything he says is just going to come off as an excuse and we know how much traction that usually gets lol.

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 7:19 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

Just as a follow-up. I don't think his problem is really "his problem" regarding expected success this year. The unfortunate fact is he's joining MotoGP at a time where the level of competition is beyond ridiculous. 4 "aliens", Spies who's looking to join them. Simoncelli who I personally think is going to be there or there-abouts and I wouldn't regard Dovi as a slouch by any means, not a factory Honda anyways. So there's 7 top talents alone. (I'm choosing not to include Hayden for the moment but I'm inclined to rethink that). That's some pretty stiff competition by anyone's measurement. I don't believe JT even had it so rough during his 2 years. So we'll see how it goes I suppose.

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 6:59 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

PT-2 In no way do I downplay his talents however the facts as I see them are as follows. We had a guy who won half (14 of 28) of the WSBK races in his rookie year on tracks he'd never seen before, came to MotoGP and had one Pole-position, 2 podiums, no wins and more points than any previous rookie, all on a somewhat anemic satellite bike. Do I think it's realistic to expect him to match that level of success? No. Does it look like his home fans/media will be ok with that? HA! No. Hence my sympathy. Here's hoping he just blows away the competition like they're all talentless noobs. Good Luck!

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 6:56 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

PT-1 "the 25-year-old himself is remaining humble about his hopes and expectations for his rookie campaign and vowing to listen and learn as he finds his feet" Hmmmm I think we've seen/witnessed this before but from whom? Hmmm... "and it will be a good yardstick for World Superbikes as well to measure him" Uhhh.. at the risk of sounding like a broken record, didn't we already have a "yardstick" 2 in fact? one successful and one not-so-successful? Oddly enough, I actually do hope he does well and has a consistent good showing. That having been said, surprisingly I actually feel very sympathetic towards him and his current lot. cont...

Arclight X

December 09, 2010 10:07 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow: I intend to be best Brit in MotoGP in years

"...Crutchlow knows that the yardstick by which he will be judged is not so much that of Toseland but rather Ben Spies" Not to worry, Wilco said Cal can go as well/better than Spies in his first year so that must be true cause Zeelenburg doesn't lie right? Yeah, I'm no Brit but that's a pretty high bar any way you measure it. I wish him all the best but it's a rough go any way you measure it imho. If you count Jorge, Spies, Rossi, Hayden, Stoner, Pedo-bear and Dovi as riders filling the top spots then Cal's looking at a ~8th-ish ranking. I don't know really. Maybe he'll surprise us all and really really gel with the bike and pull Spies-like results out of his @rse, anything's possible I suppose. Wait and see.

Arclight X

December 07, 2010 7:31 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Spies relationship will be easier than Rossi

"(Spies) will likely not pose too great a threat to the former double 250cc World Champion, initially at least." Keep saying that to yourself Russell and eventually it will become true. It's some what of a minor miracle imho that Spies was able to accomplish what he was able to this season on an a mostly undeveloped satellite bike. Pole Position? 2 Podiums? regularly beating factory riders? (I'm not even including Suzuki in that last statement). The exact same things were said before and during the initial stages of his WSBK debut. You'd think people wouldn't count him out by now but oh well...

Arclight X

November 09, 2010 4:30 PM

MotoGP » Valencia MotoGP test times - Tuesday 5pm (end)

OMG CAL IS ONLY 14TH!!!! BEN SPIES IS 100X BETTER... CLEARLY THIS IS AN INDICATION THAT CAL IS GOING TO FAIL AT MOTOGP AND ALL OTHER AREAS OF LIFE IN GENERAL BEN SPIES IS 100000X BETTER... NOT ONLY SHOULD HE HAVE NEVER LEFT WSBK BUT HE SHOULD HAVE QUIT THAT TOO AND OPENED A LEMONAIDE STAND (WHICH WOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN A FAILURE) BEN SPEEZ IS 1000000000X BETTER... UNLESS HE IS TOP THREE WITHIN THE FIRST 6MINUTES OF TESTING HE'S CLEARLY GOING TO FAIL MISERABLY. BEN SPEEEEZ IS 1000000000000000X BETTTER... --------------------------------------------- Just a friendly reminder to all those who are chomping at the bit to post up stupid stuff that you no longer have too as I already have you covered. No need to thank me, it's what I do. Arc.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »