Crash.Net User: Arclight X

Comments rating: 134
Position in rating: 737

Show Comments on:

Arclight X

February 23, 2011 3:41 AM

MotoGP » 'Poisoned' Crutchlow annoyed by falls

So You know..... The fact that he's getting help from Colin to sort out his bike and being honest about the situation (good or bad) frankly bodes very very well as far as I'm concerned. So he's laying all his cards on the table, being very methodical about his successes and challenges, identifying what's working and what still needs attention, garnering advice and guidance from his teammate and probably his teamates' crew. What's not to like about all that! So he's not worrying about "oh sh1t!!! I'm not top 3 yet!!! OMFG!!!" nor should he at this point.

Arclight X

February 02, 2011 11:59 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow ‘fine’ after fall

Rider Crutchlow Bike Yamaha Day 1 2:04.009 Day 2 2:03.032 Diff 2.262 (from Pedrosa) Impvt 0.977 Not a bad day in my opinion. No idea why so many are slagging him considering Spies crashed hard yesterday as well. Basically improved by a second over day one, got more laps in, built some confidence, recovered from a mishap, dusted himself off and carried on with the business of testing. As was stated by another in a semi-related article from a few days ago, if you put aside for a moment the phenomenon that is Spies... This is what progress looks like. Despite what the masses may think. Well Done.

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 8:03 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

"I'm sorry but you can't write things like this and get away with it! " Yeah that did sound a little backhanded didn't it lol. I do hope he does succeed, top 10 and such, I just don't envy his position especially considering the unforgiving nature of his home fans/media. I suppose he's already accustomed to that mind you, but I can't imagine that will be easy the first time Matt Roberts puts a microphone in his face after qualifying 12th and asks "So Cal, what went wrong? All of the UK wants to know?" Anything he says is just going to come off as an excuse and we know how much traction that usually gets lol.

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 7:19 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

Just as a follow-up. I don't think his problem is really "his problem" regarding expected success this year. The unfortunate fact is he's joining MotoGP at a time where the level of competition is beyond ridiculous. 4 "aliens", Spies who's looking to join them. Simoncelli who I personally think is going to be there or there-abouts and I wouldn't regard Dovi as a slouch by any means, not a factory Honda anyways. So there's 7 top talents alone. (I'm choosing not to include Hayden for the moment but I'm inclined to rethink that). That's some pretty stiff competition by anyone's measurement. I don't believe JT even had it so rough during his 2 years. So we'll see how it goes I suppose.

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 6:59 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

PT-2 In no way do I downplay his talents however the facts as I see them are as follows. We had a guy who won half (14 of 28) of the WSBK races in his rookie year on tracks he'd never seen before, came to MotoGP and had one Pole-position, 2 podiums, no wins and more points than any previous rookie, all on a somewhat anemic satellite bike. Do I think it's realistic to expect him to match that level of success? No. Does it look like his home fans/media will be ok with that? HA! No. Hence my sympathy. Here's hoping he just blows away the competition like they're all talentless noobs. Good Luck!

Arclight X

January 31, 2011 6:56 PM

MotoGP » Former rivals tip Crutchlow for MotoGP success

PT-1 "the 25-year-old himself is remaining humble about his hopes and expectations for his rookie campaign and vowing to listen and learn as he finds his feet" Hmmmm I think we've seen/witnessed this before but from whom? Hmmm... "and it will be a good yardstick for World Superbikes as well to measure him" Uhhh.. at the risk of sounding like a broken record, didn't we already have a "yardstick" 2 in fact? one successful and one not-so-successful? Oddly enough, I actually do hope he does well and has a consistent good showing. That having been said, surprisingly I actually feel very sympathetic towards him and his current lot. cont...

Arclight X

December 09, 2010 10:07 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow: I intend to be best Brit in MotoGP in years

"...Crutchlow knows that the yardstick by which he will be judged is not so much that of Toseland but rather Ben Spies" Not to worry, Wilco said Cal can go as well/better than Spies in his first year so that must be true cause Zeelenburg doesn't lie right? Yeah, I'm no Brit but that's a pretty high bar any way you measure it. I wish him all the best but it's a rough go any way you measure it imho. If you count Jorge, Spies, Rossi, Hayden, Stoner, Pedo-bear and Dovi as riders filling the top spots then Cal's looking at a ~8th-ish ranking. I don't know really. Maybe he'll surprise us all and really really gel with the bike and pull Spies-like results out of his @rse, anything's possible I suppose. Wait and see.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »