Crash.Net User: Arclight X

Comments rating: 134
Position in rating: 726

Show Comments on:

Arclight X

July 23, 2009 5:20 PM

WSBK » Yamaha wants Spies, Sykes to stay

"I know that, for his career, the target is MotoGP, but I hope he will stay in World Superbikes for one more year and then move there." Well I'll say this much, it's refreshing to see even his team boss acknowledging reality and inevitability when he sees it. I can understand his position, who wouldn't want a rider like Spies on their team. Barring injury or something unforeseen it pretty much locks up next years title before it starts. You know it's funny this isn't terribly dissimilar to any of us advancing in our careers with momentum in hand. Like it or not Spies isn't just the best atm, he's a class above current WSBK and as such should be moving to GP's sooner rather than later.

Arclight X

July 23, 2009 4:48 PM

WSBK » Spies ready to fight for title lead.

Seriously, I just want him to kill the remainder of this season, take the title and put to rest any lingering doubt anyone out there might have. That having been said, I suppose it will also give him maximum bargaining power with respect to his "next" ride if he shows conclusively for the remaining rounds that the rest of the WSBK field is uncompetitive vs. him. If that ends up being the clear & stark reality then his next move would be obvious if it isn't already. On the face of it, remaining in WSBK so you can race alone 10-30secs ahead of the rest of the pack round after round for an additional year or two serves no purpose imho. Not from Ben's perspective anyways.

Arclight X

July 23, 2009 4:29 PM

MotoGP » Toseland: They’d have to prise Tech 3 ride off me.

"it's capable of finishing around fifth place,” Yeah I'm gonna call BS on that. If Melandri can come 2nd place on a pos Hayate and win races on a gresini honda then that Tech3 Yam is more than capable of winning races with the right rider on it. Let me put it another way, ask yourself if Spies was on that Tech3 Yam do you think he'd have 0 chance of putting it on the box? or do you think he might be in the top3 from time to time. Yeah, that's what I what I think too.

Arclight X

July 07, 2009 10:55 PM

WSBK » Sykes: I know people want my ride

"I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Mladin on the 2nd Yamaha. It would be the "Ben & Matt Show" again, on an international level." HA! I swear I would pay money to see that. Mladin & Spies doing the 2 man show in WSBK would make for the best comedy I've ever seen, and the funniest part about it is it would probably happen exactly like that if they were both in WSBK. Alas, that will in all likelihood never happen, but man would that be the show of all shows. For those who aren't aware of what we're referring too, picture the Rossi/Lorezo race in Catalunya or the Rossi/Stoner race at Laguna Seca last year happening every weekend. God that would so rock.

Arclight X

July 06, 2009 8:38 PM

WSBK » Sykes: I know people want my ride

"Sykes problem is that Spies has warped everyone's expectations." I tend to agree with you there Rawr. Kinda reminds me of Corsers season last year. Does anyone even remember he actually came 2nd in the Championship? but I bet if you were to ask, most would say he had a forgettable season. I'd also say it isn't even just Spies that's warping peoples opinion. Look at Lorenzo, in his first season he was battling for wins straight out of the gate. So yeah I think that's sorta everyone's expectation pretty much. That having been said I suppose if we were to use that type of measuring stick then Byrne would be the greatest disappointment of all being the former BSB champ.

Arclight X

July 06, 2009 5:08 PM

WSBK » Sykes: I know people want my ride

Knowing is half the battle isn't it. Well look at it this way, in all likelyhood your teamate will be opening up a spot on the team when he leaves for MotoGP so that's room for one more right there. HA! jk. But seriously though, am I slightly disappointed in his progress thus far? somewhat yes. I'll say this much for him he's technically been more consistent than his teamate, however consistency without ever putting it up on the box won't win you a championship. I wonder if this isn't the same situation with Fabrizio being teamed up with Bayliss? Regardless I do wish I could see 2 Yamaha's running up front as a joint team effort as we often see the red bikes doing. Here's hoping.

Arclight X

June 26, 2009 7:11 AM

WSBK » Spies returns to scene of MotoGP debut

Oh jeez, that is funny. www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jun/e/n090625a.htm Bringing in his old mechanic is about as telling as it gets, and good on him. He's taking things into his own hands basically and saying, "I'm winning this damn title no matter what it takes or regardless of how incompetent the current people around me are." Beautiful, just beautiful. Gotta admire that determination. On a related note it's absolutely hilarious that one by one, the Yamaha Italia team is starting to look surprising like the AMA Yoshimura Suzuki team. Wonder who'll be next to pay a "visit".

Arclight X

June 26, 2009 2:35 AM

WSBK » Sykes: If I can improve on second, I'll be happy

I honestly don't know much about Sykes prior to his entering WSBK but I sincerely hope he has it in him to eventually run up front. When I see those 2 Ducati bikes running up front assisting each other as a team of riders rather than as individuals I'm always thinking to myself how much better it would be if Spies had his team-mate up there with him helping to block, being some one he can trust to run 2 wide into a corner, and of course being a 2nd rider to force the Corse riders further down the points table. Here's hoping he has it in him to run up front this weekend. Go Tom!

Arclight X

June 22, 2009 11:35 PM

WSBK » Frustration setting in, Spies confesses

"In a perfect world Spies could be looking at a Dozen wins now but through a combination of his own actions, his competitors actions, equipment failures and logistical errors we have a pretty good championship shaping up. You get a glimpse of What Rossi's fans must have been going through in 2006. He was obviously the faster rider but in the end Bad Luck and a persistent Nicky Hayden (despite his team-mate)cost him." Bravo and well said! That had to be probably the most relevant and intelligent post made on this subject so far. Indeed the title is far from over and I look forward to an all out dog fight from Donington to the end. Hopefully one that includes Fab and Rea. Well put indeed.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10  »