Crash.Net User: studs

Comments rating: 187
Position in rating: 467

Show Comments on:

studs

March 28, 2014 10:02 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP confirms ITV highlights deal

shpongled: Studs: didn't you think the sound mix was poor? I too signed up, and although the coverage was excellent, the commentators mics varied in volume minute by minute - I'd turn the tv up so I could hear them, but the track sound seemed to be coming from the pits and was drowning out the talking - nearly waking up my Mrs and annoying the hell outta me! The mixer just gave overall volume control :(
Hi shpongled... I did notice what you meant, but only during earlier practice sessions (and it annoyed the hell outta me for same reasons it did you). :) I got the impression after a while that it was the sound engineers not keeping pace with what the lad wandering around in the pits was up to. It seemed like by Saturday they had got their act together, because I really didn't notice it at all after that.

studs

March 21, 2014 12:49 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP confirms ITV highlights deal

Gary272, I'd hardly say it's justice having to wait over 24hours while trying to avoid news of the results to get some bare-bones highlights. Anyway, after much agonising and because ages old highlights just weren't a viable option for me, I finally succumbed to getting a €99.95 (£83) motogpdotcom video pass yesterday. Still erks me a bit, but this motogp circus is an expensive business, I've been a big fan for donkey's years and I'm sort of happy to grudgingly pay my bit... and I must say yesterday's practice sessions were rather good on the platform and I can even watch everything while at work on my mobile from now on too... :)

studs

September 02, 2013 11:01 AM

MotoGP » HAVE YOUR SAY: Name your Silverstone star!

What a race!!! ... and its star was Lorenzo by some margin. Marquez was still of course superb. Can't by any measure of reason see how the others on that list can figure as the "star" of the show. (Vale on past glories, being good for the show and proving yet again he is the master of the race perhaps? ... but that's long-shot reasoning in light of what Jorge and Marc pulled out of the bag.)

studs

January 08, 2013 1:21 PM

WSBK » Superstock class to be phased out?

Simply because the manufacturers would participate through the back door at favoured teams and the whole sorry saga will self-destruct. No, like it or not, stringent and careful rules need to be applied and modified (when needed) in an all-encompassing and complimentary manner. The nature of the beast (top-level racing) has always required this, but it's never been done with joined up thinking. The big players here (promoters, mfrs and bigger teams) are concocting new sustainable rules now and will continue to tweak them over the next few years. The rationalising of the production classes at world level we're seeing in this article was a necessary element and it will now happen. Give the resulting era a chance... there's little doubt it's the most pragmatic solution all things considered... and just keep watching, it might even work.

studs

January 08, 2013 12:24 PM

WSBK » Superstock class to be phased out?

I understand your ideal completely TalentFan, and a laudable one it is too (though you perhaps miss the importance of prototype racing as a distinct draw to real fans in its own right). Given all the factors at play in big bike racing (including the conflicting interests of all stakeholders (inc. real racing fans), means it will remain just an ideal however. Edit to add: Dorna's yard would be empty if they didn't court and humour the big manufacturers... remember that too harsh a referee and the players could just run off with the ball... and if they got desperate enough to do that, we'd all lose out in the short-medium term.

studs

January 08, 2013 12:05 PM

WSBK » Superstock class to be phased out?

...In the sphere of global two wheel marketing, the manufacturers are desperately trying to fathom a sustainable bottom to the big bike market. If demand for big bikes continues to fall over the next 5 years as it has in last 3, discussions like this will be moot, because in terms of production bikes, we'll be watching this generation's bikes held together with gaffer tape racing only in national championships. As for MotoGP in this "worst case" scenario... well, you can bet your last penny that a prototype world series will still exist in some shape or form.

studs

January 08, 2013 12:05 PM

WSBK » Superstock class to be phased out?

@TalentFan... You speak like the manufactures don't even have a stake here, let alone a voice. Here's a final comment on the financial issue facing two-wheel racing and why you need to understand it's not a case of tails wagging dogs... it's about two dogs. Dorna v Big Manufacturers (of which Honda happens to be the biggest) For my sins I work in the front line of Motorcycle retail in the UK. The situation is bleak with a capital BLEAK. Big bikes are just not shifting. 'This is a WC after all' contention that there is still loads of advertising spend just ripe for the picking by teams is simply not the case. If it were true, we wouldn't be here now debating the situation...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »