Crash.Net User: rxracer

Comments rating: 138
Position in rating: 679

Show Comments on:

rxracer

March 27, 2012 5:26 AM

MotoGP » Stoner: We can still improve the bike quite a bit

Don't usually bother getting involved in Crash.net girl slap fights, but Legend has a point. It was 5am here in Australia when he had his Strongbow (Really?!?) after a 'hard days graft'. You're either a night shifter (who thinks night is day) or big ass 'fibber', as those who really live in Australia/NZ say :). Regardless, Wosi you are the worst pro-Rossi, anti-Stoner troll ever. I read most sites, don't comment much, and you're everywhere. With the same lines over and over and over (and over). Seriously, do you not get bored or tired with it? I'm genuinely asking.

rxracer

March 22, 2012 1:57 AM

MotoGP » Moto2: Smith unhurt after 120mph crash

Labelling Smith as 'just ok' is a bit unfair. He was a leading light in 125 until he got a bit too big. Personally I have to wonder if his career is being held back somewhat by the Tech 3 built Mistral, which is undoubtedly less competitive than the Suter & Kalex. Don't get me wrong, Guy Coulon is brilliant mind. His personal creations are works of art, but he's competing against specialized chassis builders providing bikes to multiple teams. Suter and Kalex in particular have more resources and receive far more data due to their supply of that many teams. Can't help but think it's a noble, yet losing battle. EDIT: However I just remembered that his Moto2 deal reportedly guarantees him an imminent MotoGP ride. Guess that's reason to stay. Though if it's a CRT, and CRT's flop this year, maybe not. Who knows?

rxracer

March 02, 2012 5:58 AM

MotoGP » Buoyant Crutchlow maintains superb form

Fair enough Don. Without some serious googling I can't cite such specific comments to back up my statement, so I'll happily defer to your assessment. I'm still quite certain I recall reading at least one article which stated all Yamaha riders were testing the same new engine at Sepang 2. But like I said, you have the more compelling evidence at hand. Regardless, I can absolutely provide news article proof that both Spies and Lorenzo didn't feel the new engine was the particularly big step. Rather it was the electronics updates. Having said that, whether Dovi and Cruthlow got those electronic updates I cannot say. My main point however, remains. That the satellite Yams have over the past couple of years at least, been closer to factory spec than their fellow Japanese, and their Italian counterparts.

rxracer

March 02, 2012 3:56 AM

MotoGP » Buoyant Crutchlow maintains superb form

Don-R - "What's encouraging for Tech 3 is that both their riders are very quick on a machine that is still a generation down from the factory bike (Dovi & Cal only got the engine that the 2 factory riders used at the last Sepang test)" Not entirely true. The satellite Yamaha's have been well documented as being closer in spec to their works counterparts than any other factory. And I quote...Crutchlow "also successfully analyzed a revised Yamaha engine spec that improved corner entry". This revised engine he referred to was in fact the same one Lorenzo and Spies received at this test. Not an 'older' one from the first test. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that the satellites are never on completely equal ground to the factories, but Yamaha in particular are well known for giving their satellite teams VERY close to factory spec bikes at the beginning of the season.

rxracer

February 18, 2012 6:11 AM

MotoGP » Bosch talks CRT MotoGP electronics

I'm still confused as to why NGM Forward (and from what I can tell some other CRT entries) aren't using Magneti Marelli. It's the golden standard for practically every form of motor racing, including both MotoGP and WSBK. Very few dont use it. BMW are still stubbornly sticking to their in-house unit, and it's hard to argue it isn't hurting them. I know that getting access to the highly customized Magneti Marelli systems used by works teams such as Honda, Yamaha & Ducati is out of the question. They have developed their systems to proprietary levels, and closely guard their secrets. But anyone is free to purchase the, shall we say, 'standard' MM electronics. Even you or me. Aprillia will be using MM, as they use it on their Superbikes.

rxracer

February 17, 2012 7:49 AM

MotoGP » Casey Stoner becomes a father (on Rossi's birthday!)

Congrats to both Casey and Adriana. Having a first baby is a world changer. And for those prepared and set up for a child, an immensely positive and elating change. I'm an Aussie & a Casey fan (but do not dislike Rossi at all), and 99% of the focus ought to be placed on the newborn, but even I have to admit the Rossi birthday coincidence is uncanny and worth a mention. I know thousands of people are born on each day, but I mean Rossi of all people! Means nothing, but still, some coincidence. Anyway, back to the real news. All the best with the new bundle of joy!

rxracer

February 07, 2012 8:47 AM

MotoGP » Why the MotoGP weight limit changed

Hmmmmm, the proposal required a unanimous vote from the MSMA (the manufacturers). And it's not as if there's a dozen of them. Just 3. Honda, Yamaha, Ducati. I'm not saying Ducati got what Ducati wanted, as I believe the argument that the 157kg limit is for the benefit of CRT bikes. But Ducati, having developed their bike much later, definitely saw an opportunity to take a small advantage by voting no. Knowing Yamaha and Honda would need to adjust more. I don't blame them though, racing is cutthroat.

rxracer

January 27, 2012 3:29 AM

MotoGP » Chile announces plans for MotoGP track

ZeR0 Kun has hit the nail on the head. The disapproval of Tilke designed circuits has been so overwhelming that it HAS finally dawned on the guy. Better late than never I guess. And by hiring actual racers to advise, it's obvious Tilke is either no longer being given complete control over the actual designs, or is actually being allowed more freedom. We don't know precisely what the sanctioning bodies request/have requested in the past, so it's possibly unfair to blame Tilke entirely for the numerous boreodromes that bear his name.

rxracer

October 16, 2011 8:58 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo out of Australian MotoGP, Stoner on brink

Guess I just found the answer to my question. According to this article - www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=674084&vId=2779231&cId=Sport - on Sky Sport, the "the impact left no clean cut, meaning the tip of the finger could not be re-attached" Yet another bike racer missing at least one finger. Thankfully it's from the left (braking) hand, and since most every bike racer brakes with with either the index (forefinger), middle, or both index and middle, it should pose no performance deficit once healed. Still, sickening images, and not a fun injury whatsoever.

« 1 2 3 4  »