Crash.Net User: samas

Comments rating: 2064
Position in rating: 38

Show Comments on:

samas

June 30, 2013 5:06 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

The Biscuit. Bob MacIntyre the greatest racer to come out of Scotland I saw him race many times, in 62 on a 250 Honda 4 beat by a country mile 5 other works Honda's, plus Yamaha's, Suzuki's, and MZs Mike Hailwood was second he also set a record that the 350s couldn't beat it stood until the arrival of the Honda 6. @Lux. you tube 1999 UGP Joey Dunlop on a 750 Honda beat Jefferies on a 1000 Yamaha not close racing check it out. NOTE by CRASH.NET! Interesting, but try to get back on topic, please

samas

June 30, 2013 4:47 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

@Jamesy73 cont. Big money coming into GP racing destroyed it to some extent brings a lot of tension which in turn makes for bitterness and hatred, at the UGP one could walk around the pits talk to the riders most of them were very amiable and would sign autographs etc. I didn't live very far from Dundrod and never missed a race I also rode half of it every day for a year on my way to and from work. I love my racing like I love my music if you were to ask me what my favourite song was I couldn't tell you, same with my favourite racer. How anyone can get so fanatical about ONE racer and idolize him like his $hit didn't stink beats me,I don't hate Rossi but this old man just loves to take the pi$$ out of the more rabid fans.

samas

June 30, 2013 4:17 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

Anyway back on subject do you ever watch any road racing, I originally come from NI where road racing was very popular and is one of the few things I really miss. However thanks to you tube I can see quite a lot plus I have quite a lot of videos great for the off season. Some of my all time favourites never won a WC it doesn't mean they weren't great, a good example was the first sbk tonight JR binned it trying to build up a lead but still finished second in the next race he's not in with a chance of winning the title but no one can say he doesn't try.

samas

June 30, 2013 12:29 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

@Jamsey73. The racers of today have a massive advantage most are fortunate enough to have parents with a few bucks to spare and in Rossi's case his father was a reasonably successful racer so the dna was there and starting at an early age also gives one an advantage. Hailwood was also fortunate as his father was a millionaire. I had a cousin who raced and about the only thing that beat him was the booze. Sad really. 600s just starting c u later back race red flagged. Yes racing today is a totally different ball game circuits rather than roads much much better tyres, brakes, etc plus a hell of a lot more money. I still reckon the Honda 6 and the Yamaha v4 given the tyres and brakes would give todays 250s a run for their money and also Honda had at least 4 works bikes sometimes 6 throw in 2 Yams 2 or 3 Suzuki's and a couple of MZs made for a good race.

samas

June 30, 2013 10:58 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

@Jamsey. Oh no not the 50s there were many great racers in the 50s many more than the 60s and early 70s. All the major works teams pulled out of the senior racing leaving MV with no competition whatsoever and the reason why Ago, who was a great rider would not be on my GOAT list he himself said ( got it on tape) Hailwood was the greatest. After 68 Ago had NO competition Not in the 500ccs until the Japs got back in the game they pulled out of everything FIM destroyed the multis in the lightweights and so the only racing really worth watching in the 60s was ruined. Talk some more later if u are jnterested SBK starting.

samas

June 30, 2013 8:58 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

@Jamsey73. I have seen too many fantastic racers in my time and while I do agree in his day Rossi was the greatest today it is JLo and tomorrow it will be Marc but unfortunately one can not say who is/was the greatest of all time Duke in his day was untouchable and on inferior machinery a big plus. Hailwood came back after 11 years and won the TT on a bike that was new to him. Joey Dunlop was winning races up to his unfortunate death and he was 48. I could go on for hours and hours as anyone who has had the misfortune to mention racing in my presence at a party can attest to. I have loved my bike racing for the last 60 years longer even. However when everyone starts raving on about Rossi it really pi$$es me off. Stop engage brain and realise todays greats are standung in the shoulders ot giants.

samas

June 30, 2013 7:36 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

A lot of people here screaming the greatness of the beloved one. Look at the facts.. fact 1 there are 6 fully works bikes, two of those are useless sad to say but true. Fact 2 Of the 4 works bikes that are capable of winning only two riders are fully fit so by all accounts he should have finished first or second. So what's all the big fuss about. Now for me JLo's ride was the most stoic closely followed by someone no one ever mentions Espargaro. If Rossi had not won or at least came second now that would have been some cause for debate but no doubt his fans would have had a million excuses.

« 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  »