Crash.Net User: Spinach

Comments rating: 47
Position in rating: 1374

Show Comments on:

Spinach

October 26, 2013 6:45 PM

MotoGP » Ben Spies retires from racing

Well, that stinks. I was so looking forward to watching SBK this next year with Ben riding around, on a bike that he might have been able to fight on. I don't blame him though, given the circumstances, and litigation, I feel this was the best possible scenario. I'd like to think it could be a reboot for him, though at 30 years old, it is likely not. He has his trophies, money, and memories. He has done well. Perhaps a WSBK return in 2015? Stranger things have happened. Best of luck to you Ben. You have certainly earned your retirement through years of hard work.

Spinach

August 29, 2013 11:39 PM

MotoGP » Hayden: We can't expect a lot to change

So sad to see 2006 always put down. Where were all the other "great" riders that season? "Rossi had bike issues". Blah blah blah. What about every other rider? Did everyone just plain suck? Back on topic: I'd rather see Nicky in WSB as I think it is a better series. I imagine he would rather go with what he knows for a few more years. I can't imagine winning a WSB title would be very satisfying after winning the MotoGP title. Not to say he could do it, or that it wouldn't be a great accomplishment, just perceived as a lesser success I feel. Nicky on a Honda would most likely find him ahead of Ducati without meaningful changes to that bike. As stated, not an alien, but I think a pretty consistent rider, who, with more confidence, might actually impress a few people on here.

Spinach

August 29, 2013 11:27 PM

MotoGP » Redding officially confirmed at Gresini Honda

Yay, another great rider is "Forced" to ride inferior machinery in "The pinnacle of motorcycle racing". Meh. Honestly, I don't know how these warriors do it. Ride their sacks off, knowing they will not win a race, or even come close. Let the manufacturers make a single model bike to put on the grid. Whatever team wants to lease it, go ahead. All parts available to all teams, at the same price. Open book. Sure, today most teams would lease a Honda, so maybe Yamaha would lease a little cheaper to entice some sponsors? Repeat. In the end, I think you would have factories making balls out machine (as they do now) but all riders of that make would have the same chance (in theory) of being top dog. But what do I know? Good for Scott though, he made it.

Spinach

August 19, 2013 2:52 PM

MotoGP » Ben Spies: I want to come back at 100 per cent

Haha! I love these same comments over and over. "Go back to AMA". Never happen, AMA is dead. This guy storms WSBK and many on here doubt his ability for MotoGP. Look down the roster for MotoGP folks, short list of those that have won a GP in the last 5 years, and he is one of them. Short list of podium finishers in the last 5 years, and he is one of them. I get it, you hate him, but at least respect what he has done, and therefore has the potential to do again. You just sound silly suggesting AMA. I agree with SHaddock, I don't doubt his physical condition, seems pretty open book, I wonder about his head, but after the last 1.5 years, I don't think I would be around the garage so I give him credit. As you know, I think MotoGP is a joke anyway. Seriously, 4 bikes with potential to win, why bother? (And that is not to suggest the top guys only win because of their bikes, far from it, they are outstanding, but going in knowing you are at a 0.1 second a lap deficit to start with

Spinach

August 13, 2013 1:27 PM

WSBK » First team announces 2014 WSBK EVO move

I just don't like having 2 classes mixed in one race. I would like to see close, fair racing, where anyone could win (given the talent of course). In many ways this may be a step in the right direction, in others, it may become very confusing. Perhaps this is the beginning of the integration of WSBK and Moto2? More bikes on the grid is a good thing, but signing up backmarkers isn't necessarily a crowd pleaser.

Spinach

August 08, 2013 12:45 PM

MotoGP » Marc Marquez: MotoGP’s best ever rookie?

While impressive, the year is not done. Having seen a rash of injuries this season from many of the main players, perhaps Marc's points lead is slightly misleading. We all know that injury is part of racing though. That being said, this boy can fly and takes no prisoners. Of course, at some point, his style will probably take him out of a few races (hopefully only himself though I fear others will pay the price). Do I think Cal or Ben or Marco could have done as well without the stupid rookie rule (?) - NO. But I do feel as though they had their nads cut out from under them, entering a race with no hope of podium unless a factory rider tumbled or crumbled. I can't imagine being a pro rider knowing you are fighting for 5th at best. Again, Marc is above their level as it appears right now. Lastly, MotoGP has become more of a soap opera than a racing venue. MM is a breath of fresh air in a stagnant series. We can only hope Casey decides to comeback so that we might have 5 - 7

Spinach

July 23, 2013 8:30 PM

MotoGP » Stefan Bradl: At the moment I have no contract

I think Laguna was false hope for many. Short track and short straight mean horsepower didn't play a big role there. Watch the other tracks with longer straights and that distance from the factory ride leader will increase again. These guys didn't ride harder because the contract was waived in front of them, these riders rode harder because they knew they stood a better chance of higher positions, not futile work by being easily passed on a long straight. Just my opinion.

Spinach

July 23, 2013 4:10 PM

WSBK » Tom Sykes re-signs for Kawasaki

Good on Tom, no issues this round of contracts (not that there should have been). The one year deal is interesting, my guess is not MotoGP but rather using this as a bargaining chip for a much deserved raise. The Kwack will be older in another year and other bikes will be revised and/or entered (KTM) so maybe this is just a way to up his salary.

Spinach

July 23, 2013 4:00 PM

MotoGP » Stefan Bradl: At the moment I have no contract

Glad I'm not a racer. These guys have contracts written in invisible ink. Even when you have a contract it seems there is always the "your out" option by the factories/sponsors. Sorry Bradl, there can only be 4 "best" bikes, and those are spoken for, you are merely a pawn. I bet racing used to be fun and rewarding for you. Now you must bring money and ride above the bike's intended level just to keep a ride. I think he's done pretty well, but what do I know? Maybe Honda just want Cal on their machine to avoid more point loss in the future? Maybe this series' ship has sailed in terms of ability to give a proper show?

Spinach

July 12, 2013 12:17 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo back on top in Germany, Ducati nightmare

All this talk about Cal only emphasizes how bad a condition MotoGP is in. A top rider (he has certainly proved himself to me) has no real options as there are only 4 bikes that can win. A CRT bike will be tuned down just as it begins to "catch up" as per ever changing rules. The fact that JLo is even in the top 3 simply amazes me. Ducati, well, I bet they are wishing they kept more $$$ in WSBK development as they currently have two turds. Marc M is my bet for victory this round. Thanks to the dropping of the temporary rookie rule. Glad they stopped depriving warriors of their natural instinct to fight for wins!

1 2 3 4  »