Crash.Net User: RawDawg

Comments rating: 11874
Position in rating: 2

Show Comments on:

RawDawg

May 08, 2012 2:35 PM

MotoGP » Shane Byrne to make MotoGP return?

well, look what I ran across this moring - quotes from Bird after Qatar stating he would replace Ellison dated April 12th (www.biscuittinmedia.com/hello-james-ellison-goodbye/) . As I said earlier, I don't buy for a second Aprilia can request who rides the bike as Bird is a paying customer and they have no right to request anything. One race in and Bird was already talking about Ellison having a limited amount of time to prove himself and move up the timing sheets or he would be moving on. Ellison has another two rounds, according to Bird. "He came to us saying he was a MotoGP rider, that he really wanted to ride the bike. He worked with Mick (Shanley) his crew chief before, they understand each other and get on, but James has to pick it up. I could put Shakey (Shane Byrne) on that same bike tomorrow and you know we would get better results," said Bird with characteristic bluntness. "He's got Jerez and Estoril to pick things up."

RawDawg

May 08, 2012 4:29 AM

MotoGP » Shane Byrne to make MotoGP return?

@chrysalis Where do you get off stating that I'm pretending like I know Bird or that I'm in the paddock or in Britian? I don't care if I was sitting on the damn moon reading this statement he still comes off like a tw@t. End of. You can go on romantizing about Bird like he's Robin Hood giving to the poor all you want. He's not the only team owner in motorsports spending his own dime - it's been going on since the beginning of motorsports. There are other team owners world wide coughing up their own coin as well. I don't buy the story about Aprilia wanting Shakey and Bird giving in to that. Even when Bird was running factory teams he called the shots on his own riders. He PAYS Aprilia for bikes and they have as much right requesting who rides the bike as me or you. There should be data and video evidence of the chatter - it doesn't take another rider to confirm that.

RawDawg

May 07, 2012 7:39 PM

MotoGP » Shane Byrne to make MotoGP return?

@chrysalis As already been said before, if he wants some additional feedback that could be done at a test - you don't sack your rider or bench him for the race. Let's not even go in on the fact Shakey has zero experience with these tires or this kit. But what make Birdy look like a tw@t is that he says he has been "milling over for a couple of meetings" when they just completed the 3rd race, James has had next to no testing himself, and Birdy shoots off at the mouth comparing to what Stoner does on the Honda. Yeah, it's his team, his money, blah, blah, blah. But it looks like he's giving James (who I have no attachment to and don't even rate) a raw deal for not being able to get on with an undeveloped bike that handles like a 3 wheeled shopping trolley.

RawDawg

May 07, 2012 2:11 PM

MotoGP » Shane Byrne to make MotoGP return?

How about Birdy get the bike sorted rather than benching his rider? Does he think Shakey is Stoner and that his rolling steaming pile of poo Aprilia which isn't up to the task of the other Aprilias is a Honda? I don't rate Ellison all that much but to bench him because he's complaining about chatter is ridiculous. The 3rd race just finished and Birdy admits he's been thinking about this for a while? Fix the damn bike - that's on the team not the rider. Let Shakey concentrate on BSB. If he goes out and gets hurt and screws up his BSB season how dumb will that look?

RawDawg

May 07, 2012 4:42 AM

MotoGP » Stoner conquers Estoril for MotoGP lead

I'm not the one to ever say a race was boring but this one was a snooze fest. Nothing materialized during the race like I thought it would by the looks of the first couple of laps. Jorge didn't make a strong as a challenge for the win like I thought, Cal didn't bother Dovi as much as I thought, nor did any battles really come about. The only action was Spies and it was to see how far he could drop down the order. lol. Oh, and watching Stoner slide through the corners over the painted curbs and not highside himself was some action too.

RawDawg

May 07, 2012 4:35 AM

MotoGP » Ben Spies: Four or five big mistakes

Another uninspired, lackluster, and unacceptable race by Spies. Once again he drops like a rock in a lake down the order once the flag drops. Even without the "four or five big mistakes" he says he had, he didn't have the speed to do anything anyway. If he had the pace he wouldn't have been fighting with Bradl or let Rossi ride off into the distance. Pathetic and not good enough.

RawDawg

May 06, 2012 7:41 AM

MotoGP » Colin Edwards to undergo surgery

That ol' son of a b1tch Edwards gave me a right ol' scare today in QP. I was VERY worried as he wasn't moving laying in the gravel trap. Very freakest accident as he was well out of the way and gave RDP plenty of room. I kinda flashed back to Foggy when he had his career ender back in the day but glad it wasn't quite as bad. Good to know Colin is ok for the circumstances and I wounld't bet against the ol' hard geezer making it back for the next round. They don't make them as hard as Colin anymore. I sure wish he was in WSBK fighting for wins like I know he would any day of the week he can roll out of bed but I guess MotoGP is were his heart is at. He's my man I will support him to the end.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »