Crash.Net User: TheArtist

Comments rating: 109
Position in rating: 832

Show Comments on:

TheArtist

April 12, 2013 10:39 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

@ Richard and Senna Yes it's a hard call, but Senna if your behind a driver it's your responsibility not to hit the car in front of you. I know SV was barely in front of Webber, but he was in front and not it's Webbers responsibility to make sure he doesn't hit, that said SV did move over a little to quickly I'm sure being that close to the grass and the fact they were way off line for the next braking point may have played a part in his hast to more over to soon and to quickly, that's why I see that as a racing incident with equal blame, I can't fault Webber for making it hard, and I can't fault Vettel for trying to get by, you see as he makes the first move to the right Webber moved right, then as Vettel makes the passing move on the left Webber pushes him to the edge - I would have done the same, but once Vettel was in front I would have started moving back to the racing line. I don't see Webber doing that.

TheArtist

April 12, 2013 3:08 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

@ Mark cont... Also, I'm not sure but it seems this was still early in the championship so neither driver was a clear favorite in the points race. I would say each driver played his part in causing the crash, was one clearly in the right and one clearly in the wrong, for me it very hard to say. As TeamRB sure I'm upset, but this is racing and I must do my best to try and see it as to drivers racing for first place........as it should be, and be very happy that they were both in the car I design/build fighting for 1st and 2nd. Talk to the drivers ask them to try and be a little smarter/cleaner next time, but above all, keep racing this hard.

TheArtist

April 12, 2013 2:55 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

@ Mark just watched the Turkey crash, looks like a racing incident to me, Vettel was faster, Webber pushed him to the outside, Vettel got his nose in front and I would say did move to the right a little quickly. As Webber - I would say I was clean but yes I was keeping him in the dirt, once Vettels car was in front of mine I must concede the fact that I'm behind the racer now and must make sure I don't crash. (I will say Webber was out of the racing line as he was keeping Vettel in the dirt and could have started moving back into it a little sooner once he knew he lost his position) As Vettel - I would say I was Faster, Webber was blocking, I got my car in front and wanted to get back onto the racing line. (I may have made the move to the right a little sharper/sooner then I should have) but since I'm now leading the race those who are following must give me the right of way)

TheArtist

April 12, 2013 2:20 PM

F1 » 'I didn't feel good about team orders', admits Hamilton

@ Big Bob, So if your employer that you have a signed contract with asked you to do something that you know can be detrimental to your career and may become habit forming on the side of your employer (you obeyed the first time, lets have him do it again and again) your just going to follow orders like a blind sheep, or are you going to think about it for a moment - this is not right, how can I live with myself if I follow these orders, what are the consequences if I do follow the orders, and what will happen if I don't follow the orders, then make a decision. All the contracts I have signed have been about money, to make sure I get what I feel I'm worth, and to make sure I provide the quality and service I said I would. If I was stupid enough to sign a contract that stated I must obey all teams orders no matter how bad I thought they were, then yes there is a breach of contract and I should suffer the do consequences' but it would be my right to make that choice.

TheArtist

April 11, 2013 11:38 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

@ Mark "With team orders asking drivers to hold position is different than asking them to swap positions." Not Really. either order is a order not to race. "the argument for team orders is that the team didn't want to stress the engines or gearboxes given the FIA imposed limitations." yea if you really believe that was why Vettel was told to "hold position ", would they have asked him to Not Stress the Engine if he was in third place fighting for a second place finish. "Plus they probably didn't want to risk another incident like in Turkey." I don't know enough about this incident to comment on it, but this is supposed to be RACING, and racing at its highest level, incidents will happen, engines will break. I will bet any other team would have gladly destroyed a engine and/or gearbox if they new it would give them a First place finish, who knows what they would gladly destroy for a One Two finish. Would you sit behind a slower driver knowing full well you could win

TheArtist

April 11, 2013 9:30 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

This is about TEAM ORDERS...... This early in the Championship, give me ONE just ONE good reason ANY driver should be told to stay behind their teammate and not win a race. I understand it would be a bigger issue if we had three races left in the season and your teammate was the only driver in the team with a chance to win the championship.........then by all means follow team orders (this should be the only time teams should give orders) because it is the right thing to do, making sure your team wins the championship, but not in the first race of the season, no way, does not make any sense. Did not know this forum was full of Vettel haters.

TheArtist

April 11, 2013 9:08 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

Tell me what you think would have happened in this scenario, Hey Webber your driving awesome today and the car is really flying, great work out there, just one thing....we have money on you finishing 2nd so we need you to please slow down so Vettel can pass you for the win, thanks allot this will really help out the team, see you after your done driving around in the parade we call F1.

TheArtist

April 11, 2013 8:55 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

@Mayziedays "If the team gives an order to back off and preserve the car/tires....then as a contracted driver, that is what you do....even if you don't agree. " Really Drivers aren't contracted to RACE TO WIN!!!!!! Vettel did preserve the car/tires that is exactly why he had a car/tires/skill that could be pushed to win the race. Thank god he's a true racecar driver and did what a real racecar driver does RACE!!!

TheArtist

April 11, 2013 8:41 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

"Whether you agree with team orders or not...they are a part of F1. People (drivers included) need to remember that the focus of the teams in F1 is the Constructor Championship...not individual driver glory. They pour millions of $ into the car for that reason...not individual driver glory." of course teams want the Constructor championship, but I'm pretty sure Webber and Vettel finishing 1,2 or 2,1 didn't change how many Constructor points team RB got that race.

1 2 3  »