Crash.Net User: seashack

Comments rating: 937
Position in rating: 148

Show Comments on:

seashack

April 09, 2014 4:52 PM

F1 » Rosberg’s pride at silencing ‘very unfair’ critics

bikenutter: Hmm perhaps we should dig deeper.... or maybe you people are overanalysing and should do something else with your time. I dunno go for a walk.
You're right.... perhaps we should just accept everything others tell up and not make up our own minds. If we don't tell them what WE don't like, how do they know what to fix if there is a problem? If everyone just kept quite then we would just have to accept what they give us or stop watching.... Neither are acceptable to me as without fans there is no F1

seashack

April 09, 2014 6:14 PM

F1 » Kate Walker: Jean Todt and the noises off

wiseguy... and it's only the Merc/Rosberg/Hamilton fanboys that are happy. How can someone who enjoys seeing ALL the top teams and drivers fighting for race wins be happy with what's happening this year?? How can any other than said fanboys be happy that Merc will dominate this year and that the other top drivers and teams have no chance? How can anyone else be happy that Merc can pull 2+ seconds/lap over everyone else.... where's the RACING in that? And then what about the fans of Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Jenson, McLaren, RBR, Ferrari, Lotus etc.?..... screw them I guess? If F1 takes that attitude many fans will leave and if that happens you know who will leave next??? The car companies.... Like Mercedes. F1 can and has survived without the car companies, but won't survive without the fans.

seashack

April 12, 2014 9:42 AM

F1 » Kate Walker: The trouble with consensus

Manufactures are willing to spend huge sums in F1, but they all (except for one) come and go as it suits them. The race car teams are what sustain and provide stability to when the manuf leave. New teams do seem to want to come in, but others are on the verge of closing up. Is it a good thing to have a constant revolving door of teams? Other sports prove team history is very important. Many people seem to think they can make a team in work F1, only a percentage actually have the ability. I think F1 needs a business model that attracts good people like Haas and not people like Kolles.I seems if teams are allowed in and make a decent enough car that's at least within 107%, then they should be able to make enough money to at least sustain themselves on just $$ from FOM. But that will never happen with an outside entity (CVC) take the majority of the earnings out of the sport. So a cost cap may just be the only other way.

seashack

April 12, 2014 9:38 AM

F1 » Kate Walker: The trouble with consensus

Good article Kate. As much as I hate to admit it, this is one area where Bernie was right. ALL the teams are totally incapable of thinking about the good of the sport and are only focused on themselves, even if it is to the determent of the sport. They can't seem to agree on anything. At times they NEED one person to lay down the law and make them do things they don't want to do. Costs have skyrocketed with all the development for the new regulations and costs were getting out of control before. With the electronics and energy recovery systems costs will always be higher than before. The R&D for the V8's was paid for, so these are all new costs. It's only a matter of time before the boards look at the amount they are spending and pull the plug. And like Honda, Toyota, BMW, etc. they WILL. Branson even had enough for god sakes.

seashack

April 12, 2014 10:05 AM

F1 » New US team awarded FIA Formula 1 licence

With other teams on the verge of closing up this just may only keep the status quo. With how much costs have skyrocketed I don't see how some of the smaller teams can keep going, especially with how little $$ they get from FOM. I think the teams that actually participate and make up the show should get a bigger piece of the pie. Like most sports leagues F1 needs teams to be successful and stay around for a while instead of teams dropping out and new ones coming in all the time. They of course need to attract the right people who can make it work, but who, aside from billionaires, VC's or corporations, is that these days? All three of those are a finicky bunch and will bail once it no longer suits them unlike teams such as McLaren and Williams. Haas has a successful race team, so he's knows what he's in for. If he can't make it, F1 is in huge trouble.

seashack

April 11, 2014 9:48 PM

F1 » New US team awarded FIA Formula 1 licence

Rich, Windy is not American, so don't blame the US for that. He was trying to work an angle and mostly to blame for that fiasco. Dallara can hardly do worse than Marrussia I would think. They say to become a millionaire in F1 you need to start as a billionaire. Haas is starting out righ and has relevant experience though. I just hope this doesn't effect his other businesses in anyway like it may have for Mallya.

seashack

April 10, 2014 9:41 AM

F1 » Rosberg’s pride at silencing ‘very unfair’ critics

For me, and many others I suspect, this has nothing to do with Vettel. I didn't like when he dominated or any of the others did. There are many great drivers/teams on the grid now and I want to see them ALL fighting for race wins and the title, not just 2 of them. Rosberg is not a great...yet. So, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Kimi and Button are proven to be the greatest out there and all WDC's. Yet only one of them is fighting for the title and the others are also rans with no chance. I know these drivers are the best so when they battle each other I know I am seeing the best. When I see unproven drivers like Perez it just makes me think he has a great car and THAT is the main reason he just beat a former WDC and not because of his superior skill.

seashack

April 10, 2014 9:40 AM

F1 » Rosberg’s pride at silencing ‘very unfair’ critics

Paul Jones: One thing it does show up is that even a so called great driver like Vettel struggles when in a less great car. Just enjoy what is thrown in front of you, fantastic drivers doing what they are great at.
I did not need this to show that a great driver can struggle in a lesser car. You are F1 and any marketers wet dream.... Just shut up and like what we tell you to like. No thanks, I'll like what works best for me instead of what the marketers say I should like. Seeing fantastic drivers race around in the midfield with no chance of winning is hardly what they are great at or what I want to see. As far as the other previous times of domination, the I have the least problem with is McLaren. The two drivers were in a class of their own skill wise. The equal equipment put on a great show as there was no one of equal skill to be disadvantaged by less equipment... cont.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »