Crash.Net User: Jon

Comments rating: 1424
Position in rating: 78

Show Comments on:

Jon

March 29, 2012 2:37 PM

MotoGP » BBC to show every MotoGP race in full HD

What a bunch of miserable peeps you all are! For those who don't spend 30GBP per month on SkyTV this is a good thing- not everyone has Eurosport so be appreciative FFS. Parrish and Cox aren't to the level of the Eurosport crew, but Eurosport is a dedicated sports channel and the beeb has to simplify things for Joe Public. They're trying to grow MotoGP and that means they have to appeal to a mainstream audience. Can I also point out that Steve Parrish is a former GP racer and has also ridden modern 4 stroke GP bikes. Don't think Ryder or Moody have done that!

Jon

March 29, 2012 1:26 PM

MotoGP » Paul Bird content with CRT development

Nomotec, just to clarify (as you wouldn't wish to appear foolish, I'm sure) do you know for certain that the CRT bike ISN'T using Motec? Yes, the article talks about the BSB bikes using it and it makes no reference to the CRT bikes, but perhaps it does use Motec, too? This is a forum for enthusiasts- can never understand why people insist on being so directly rude sometimes? Nobody is infallible!

Jon

March 16, 2012 1:57 PM

MotoGP » BMW boss indicates MotoGP plans

Remember that CRT bike engines don't have to be production derived, they just have to be able to be 'claimed' for the agreed sum. If BMW want to churn out some awesome 250bhp CRT spec engines for 20k (or whatever it is) which private teams can then buy, then best of luck to them. I'm sure as part of the deal BMW will offer some help to the teams using their engines in exchange for development data/feedback. It's close to the line, but far from crossing it.

Jon

March 05, 2012 5:21 PM

RR » McGuinness confirms electric ride at TT

Umm, I do? With petrol at 1.40GBP per litre I love the idea of an electric sports bike with a linear torque curve and 100 mile range, which costs a fiver to charge. Anyone who does trackdays or races will also know how noise limits are getting ever lower, so an electric bike which brings the possibility of opening new circuits or using existing cicruits more often is great news. Won't be long before an electric bike support race in MotoGP with a big name series sponsor. Talk about innovation, that's where it's going to come from.

Jon

February 27, 2012 10:59 AM

WSBK » Althea boss concerned by Biaggi fight back

As people are rightly pointing out, the Aprilia (with Max aboard) is the only 4 cylinder bike capable of doing what what he did yesterday. The RSV + Max are just plain fast, and the Ducati is still competitive compared to all the other bike/rider pairings. Furthermore, when people were moaning last year that the 1200 Vtwin was so much of an advantage, I raised the point that IF all it took was a 1200cc v twin bike then KTM would also be in WSBK winning races, too. You can't judge the performance merits of one engine configuration v another purely on the performances of two specific riders and their bikes, respectively. Max is fast as lightning up the straights, but he's a 4x250cc world champ that knows a thing or two about carrying corner speed onto those straights...

Jon

February 23, 2012 10:42 AM

MotoGP » Jerez MotoGP test times - Wednesday

As a few people have noted, CRT is about building fast bikes to a budget. A CRT engine does NOT have to be production derived, just able to be claimed for the agreed amount. If it means we can see people riding competetive bikes which are being bought or sold for 300,000GBP rather than 3,000,000GBP then I'm all for it. If HRC wish to spend 5mil on their bikes, then it's up to them, but the trade off is they lose 3l of fuel. The next leveller will no doubt be circa 2014 when they use homologated electronics systems, again to keep costs down. I'm not talking a control ECU, but being restricted to using electronics from an approved list, sold at a maximum cost.

Jon

February 21, 2012 9:54 AM

MotoGP » Jerez MotoGP test times - Monday

Shamorone, that's a very strange conclusion to make? I have attended club racing, BSB, WSBK and MotoGP in the same season. I live in the UK and have ridden at Brands Hatch, Donington, Silverstone, Rockingham, Mallory, Snetterton and Cartagena. I've also been to Philip Island and Valencia race circuits. Having previously held an MSA National B, on Sunday I passed my CTC test at Snetterton and will be applying for my ACU licence after my eye test on Saturday, ready to race my GSXR1000 in this years Club MSV Trackday Trophy. So that's me

Jon

February 17, 2012 1:11 PM

BSB » Own the Noriyuki Haga 'Fireball' print!

I hope Haga finishes outside the top 10 and retires, because in my opinion he is massivley over rated. James Toseland is a 2x WSBK champ but he got stick from everyone, yet Haga seems to be the golden boy in the UK... ..despite the fact he can't speak english! As for the photography argument, I'm 50-50. I don't mind 30GBP for trackday photos but the photographer at my MTB races charges 15GBP per print. For what? Me doing 15mph through a forest? Needless to say I have yet to buy one of his prints.

Jon

February 17, 2012 9:46 AM

RR » Mugen to enter motorcycle in 2012 Isle of Man TT Zero

I'm very excited about electric bikesport for 2 reasons: 1.) Petrol is damn expensive and won't be around for ever. We need an alternative fast. 2.) Anyone that rides on track knows the problem we have with noise limits and circuits being closed down, or the number of days we're allowed to ride being restricted. Electric bikes mean that not only can we use our existing tracks more, but perhaps new circuits can open?

Jon

February 16, 2012 10:09 AM

MotoGP » Baker's Dozen: Sepang MotoGP test

Copyright- do you expect everything in life for free? Jeez... ..try spending some of that money you must have knocking about down the back of the sofa! I think anyobdy who believes MotoGP will be as big as F1 is crazy. More people in the western world drive cars than bikes, so the connection to F1 is far easier. Car magazines comfortably outsell bike magazines, and even the bike magazines/media themselves are guilty of targeting the 'older' biker and generally bad mouth sportsbikes week in, week out. Bike sport will NEVER be as big as F1, unless F1 did something seriously, seriously wrong.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »