Crash.Net User: JJJ

Comments rating: 834
Position in rating: 159

Show Comments on:

JJJ

March 19, 2014 8:44 PM

F1 » Horner sure deficit is solely engine

While I think this is the truth for the most part...it is also clear that RB will do anything it can PR wise to make sure Renault is allowed to upgrade its power unit, including overplaying the deficit. The last few years have shown they go through great lenghts to make sure they get any edge they can get (financial or technical) and deny the other teams (even the smaller ones) any advantage they may have. Which is fine in and of itself...it is F1 after all and thus a cutthroat competitive world as it should be, but at the same time it's a far cry from the 'happy go lucky' attitude RB wishes to portray to the outside world.

JJJ

March 19, 2014 11:38 PM

F1 » Horner sure deficit is solely engine

107SS2009: JJJ, I read report that all three engine makers has already applied to the FIA for updates to their PU'S.
I have no doubt they all did...Nature of the game. End of the day it's a bit of a shame that political lobbying now determines engine performance instead of the technical prowess of the engine builders but apparently it's necessary to reduce costs. Still I can't help but feel that especially the big teams don't spend that much less these days than they did a year or 10 ago, but rather the expense has just fully concentrated on aero. While I do like aero as much as any cutting edge technology...I think that if the fans would have been given the choice years ago what the competition should concentrate on and what should be 'frozen' by the FIA the vast majority would have said give us firebreathing engines on the absolute limit and standardize the aerodynamics in large part if you really have to to cut costs. Obviously F1 went another way.

JJJ

March 17, 2014 8:50 PM

F1 » 'Ferrari is behind' - Stefano Domenicali

Personally I'm mainly wondering about how the engine situation will play out. Mercedes has the advantage now but I just can't see how they'll be allowed to keep that advantage under the engine freeze regulation for years to come. Renault will be allowed to catch up under the veil of 'reliability' but what about Ferrari, they seem to have the most reliable engine package of the three so far? I'm still sure that one way or the other, tweaks will be allowed to close the gap. Then we'll see the real picture. I was watching German coverage this weekend and Nicky Lauda was saying the Mercedes was winning because of the engine but that the RBR chassis and the Ferrari looked better in the corners... But other than that so far the performance is obviously disappointing and eerily similar to the previous years. The more things change...

JJJ

March 14, 2014 6:41 PM

F1 » Grosjean fears Lotus in midfield

The car seems like a low budget bucket at the moment. Aside from the reliability issues the car seems like a handful handlingwise. At one time he had a huge oversteer moment in the 2nd to last corner and then massive understeer in the next one...They always say when a car is that inconsistent there's something intrinsically wrong with the balance. I wonder if they can turn it around this year and what will happen financially. Also if Williams starts scoring consistent points and maybe the odd podium here and there Pastor will be fuming...

JJJ

March 14, 2014 3:16 AM

F1 » Alonso quickest in FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble

The Ferrari looked pretty sharp out there, really eager to turn in...a bit nervous almost. Hope Kimi can get it under control a bit better than he did now though, otherwise we can already wave any notions of epic battles between FA and Kimi goodbye. Other than the Ferrari being quickest so far instead of a Mercedes powered car it was all pretty much as expected after winter testing...so I guess sometimes times do mean something in testing. Final note: I was actually annoyed at first by the engine noise, but then I got used to it although it's still a lot worse than the V8s and V10s. The Ferrari sounds best on TV...you know, in that filtered cigs are better for your health than unfiltered ones kinda way.

JJJ

March 07, 2014 1:59 AM

F1 » McLaren 'will win races this year' - Dennis

Well luckily for Button I think he will quite easily beat the Dane, both cause the Dane is probably a bit overhyped but also because IMO Button has upped his game these last few years with McLaren. I didn't really expect him to hang with Hamilton but he did and then still I thought Perez might just beat him cause he was often mightily fast in GP2...And ok he came reasonably close at the end but not close enough. So question is, if JB beats his teammate again this year, which he will, will RD still have the balls to kick him out and if so what about the young Dane?

JJJ

February 24, 2014 6:57 PM

F1 » Kobayashi: Caterham F1 have to be worried

I still think Renault are angling for some special treatment from the FIA...I mean they have a big history in motorracing, they have enough resources allocated to the motorsports division: I simply refuse to believe they can actually be this bad and this far off of their competitors in this day and age. Mercedes and Ferrari don't seem to be seperated by that much (a bit off a gap but not lightyears) and for Renault to then be several seconds off the pace within the same set of specs... Either they're sandbagging or they actually went into full oppertunistic mode and developed this unit on the cheap knowing full well that ultimately the FIA will allow everyone to freeze the engines at about the same performance level. No point outspending Merc and Ferrari just to be artificially cut down anyway, only have to take the temporary PR hit among hardcore fans on the cheek.

JJJ

February 25, 2014 3:16 PM

F1 » Smedley move to Williams confirmed

Based on the results Felipe got with Rob @ Ferrari I'm kind of surprised he's not wanting to try his luck with a different engineer. I mean I get wanting to take your team with you if you've enjoyed success in the past, but in this case I think Felipe should have tried to work with the guys that Williams have already in place. I mean, they did manage to win a GP with Maldonado, after all, which is 1 GP more than Felipe has won these past few years @ Ferrari under Rob's guidance.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »