Crash.Net User: JJJ

Comments rating: 839
Position in rating: 179

Show Comments on:

JJJ

March 30, 2014 12:18 PM

F1 » Malaysian Grand Prix - Race results

Taipan: They're saying on the BBC Forum that Ricciardo will get a 10 place grid penalty at the next race. I thought he got a 10 second penalty for that during the race or did I imagine that?
Perhaps it's got something to do with the fuel flow meter failing again at the beginning of the race. I watched the German coverage again and after the race Lauda asked Horner if the fuel flow meter had indeed failed again on DR's car and Horner confirmed it. Horner tried to pass it off as 'yeah we informed the FIA immediately and that was that' but...it might not be so simple. Wouldn't put it past RBR to force the fuel flow meter issue a bit, but if the FIA holds firm they could be in a bit of bother.

JJJ

March 29, 2014 9:03 PM

F1 » Alonso delighted with fourth after Kvyat clash

I think Kvyat anticipated FA going a little further to the edge of the track and delay his turn in as he appeared to be giving up track position going very slowly...Then when FA turned in anyway effectively shortening the room Kvyat had to brake it caught Kvyat out and he was forced to turn in or else he would have locked up and possibly rammed FA. As a result he went into the corner and they touched sides...at that point I don't think Kvyat, at the speed he was still going and at the compromised angle he went into it, would have held the corner if it weren't for the touch with FA. Anyway, typical racing incident in the wet, nobody really too much at fault... I was most interested in what Kvyat would say after the session and predictably, he blamed FA for the most part...So I guess that's one of the requisites to become a succesful racing driver that he has already covered.

JJJ

March 29, 2014 8:48 PM

F1 » Raikkonen surprised to be as high as sixth

I like how he demanded that Ferrari change the tyres, Massa woud have probably just been obedient and plowed on like the team told him to. That said he was quite a bit slower than FA again... I know, I know...difficult conditions, too early to make any judgements etc etc. But one thing we can already say is that he isn't exactly owning 'nando from moment 1.

JJJ

March 19, 2014 8:44 PM

F1 » Horner sure deficit is solely engine

While I think this is the truth for the most part...it is also clear that RB will do anything it can PR wise to make sure Renault is allowed to upgrade its power unit, including overplaying the deficit. The last few years have shown they go through great lenghts to make sure they get any edge they can get (financial or technical) and deny the other teams (even the smaller ones) any advantage they may have. Which is fine in and of itself...it is F1 after all and thus a cutthroat competitive world as it should be, but at the same time it's a far cry from the 'happy go lucky' attitude RB wishes to portray to the outside world.

JJJ

March 19, 2014 11:38 PM

F1 » Horner sure deficit is solely engine

107SS2009: JJJ, I read report that all three engine makers has already applied to the FIA for updates to their PU'S.
I have no doubt they all did...Nature of the game. End of the day it's a bit of a shame that political lobbying now determines engine performance instead of the technical prowess of the engine builders but apparently it's necessary to reduce costs. Still I can't help but feel that especially the big teams don't spend that much less these days than they did a year or 10 ago, but rather the expense has just fully concentrated on aero. While I do like aero as much as any cutting edge technology...I think that if the fans would have been given the choice years ago what the competition should concentrate on and what should be 'frozen' by the FIA the vast majority would have said give us firebreathing engines on the absolute limit and standardize the aerodynamics in large part if you really have to to cut costs. Obviously F1 went another way.

JJJ

March 17, 2014 8:50 PM

F1 » 'Ferrari is behind' - Stefano Domenicali

Personally I'm mainly wondering about how the engine situation will play out. Mercedes has the advantage now but I just can't see how they'll be allowed to keep that advantage under the engine freeze regulation for years to come. Renault will be allowed to catch up under the veil of 'reliability' but what about Ferrari, they seem to have the most reliable engine package of the three so far? I'm still sure that one way or the other, tweaks will be allowed to close the gap. Then we'll see the real picture. I was watching German coverage this weekend and Nicky Lauda was saying the Mercedes was winning because of the engine but that the RBR chassis and the Ferrari looked better in the corners... But other than that so far the performance is obviously disappointing and eerily similar to the previous years. The more things change...

JJJ

March 14, 2014 6:41 PM

F1 » Grosjean fears Lotus in midfield

The car seems like a low budget bucket at the moment. Aside from the reliability issues the car seems like a handful handlingwise. At one time he had a huge oversteer moment in the 2nd to last corner and then massive understeer in the next one...They always say when a car is that inconsistent there's something intrinsically wrong with the balance. I wonder if they can turn it around this year and what will happen financially. Also if Williams starts scoring consistent points and maybe the odd podium here and there Pastor will be fuming...

JJJ

March 14, 2014 3:16 AM

F1 » Alonso quickest in FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble

The Ferrari looked pretty sharp out there, really eager to turn in...a bit nervous almost. Hope Kimi can get it under control a bit better than he did now though, otherwise we can already wave any notions of epic battles between FA and Kimi goodbye. Other than the Ferrari being quickest so far instead of a Mercedes powered car it was all pretty much as expected after winter testing...so I guess sometimes times do mean something in testing. Final note: I was actually annoyed at first by the engine noise, but then I got used to it although it's still a lot worse than the V8s and V10s. The Ferrari sounds best on TV...you know, in that filtered cigs are better for your health than unfiltered ones kinda way.

JJJ

March 07, 2014 1:59 AM

F1 » McLaren 'will win races this year' - Dennis

Well luckily for Button I think he will quite easily beat the Dane, both cause the Dane is probably a bit overhyped but also because IMO Button has upped his game these last few years with McLaren. I didn't really expect him to hang with Hamilton but he did and then still I thought Perez might just beat him cause he was often mightily fast in GP2...And ok he came reasonably close at the end but not close enough. So question is, if JB beats his teammate again this year, which he will, will RD still have the balls to kick him out and if so what about the young Dane?

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »