Crash.Net User: JJJ

Comments rating: 708
Position in rating: 155

Show Comments on:

JJJ

November 13, 2013 4:42 PM

F1 » Salo: Kovalainen perfect for Lotus

@CaterhamfanF1 Everybody including first and foremost Heikki himself keep saying he's a very alented driver but I never saw it, nor in his time at Renault, nor at McLaren, nor at Caterham. I listed the specifics a couple times in the past and it wasn't taken well by the crash overlords, but I saw all the races he has driven in F1 and maybe with the exception of Fuji in the Renault never saw anything special, especially not in the races. Btw JPM is already in 'Murica, is done with NASCAR and will return to drive Indycar for Penske next year and is a bit of a Brazil specialist having won there (and he should have won his 3rd race in F1 there if it weren't for good old Jos Verstappen to take him out after being lapped).

JJJ

November 13, 2013 3:23 PM

F1 » Perez hits out at McLaren

I don't buy into the 'oh Force India it is then' comments. I doubt FI will change both of their drivers, that would be a complete breach of their usual playbook. Maybe FI will change one of its drivers to get Hulk back but they're usually very conservative when it comes to driver choice. Personally I think they actually should take a look at Perez and Maldonado cause they're not worse than Sutil/DR as far as I can tell and come with a bunch of coin to boot, but I don't think they will.

JJJ

November 12, 2013 11:35 PM

F1 » Salo: Kovalainen perfect for Lotus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Oh my not again, make it stop. There are so many drivers I'd rather see have a shot in that car than this has been never really was. I won't go summarize all his failures in F1 again but just stop it. Stop this rediculous hype based on nothing. He's a finn, yes. He's not Kimi or Hakkinen though and not even Keke Rosberg (good driver, champion by default in 82 but only 6 wins in total for his carreer)...he's more like JJ Lehto and Salo himself, except with 1 lucky win. Valsecchi, Frijns, Kobayashi, Leimer, Bianchi, Alguesuari, Montoya, heck Perez if he's out of McLaren anyway...All of those I'd rather see in that car. ONLY if Villeneuve is only the other option ok, get Kovalainen. Otherwise just no, this guy had his three chances and in F1 most only get 1 (if any at all). The whole reason we got Kobayashi in F1 is cause he did get the chance to race the last two races instead of Glock and he delivered in those races. Give someone a chance with real potential please

JJJ

November 12, 2013 5:36 PM

F1 » Magnussen given McLaren chance

@Taz I agree that Koba had more potential, I think he can do more with a good car. The results Perez got were mostly due to solid drives with a good strategy, while Koba usually had to duke it out with the others on a standard strategy. I think Koba has 2 cards that could still be played to come back. 1 is if he sticks around at Ferrari next year and things blow up between FA and Kimi, he might get to substitute (if he stops crashing cars at demos) and the 2nd is if Honda or Toyota gets serious about supplying engines again and would like a widely popular domestic driver in a car. He has been a Toyota guy in the past but they withdrew their program in 2010 so a switch of allegience to Honda would probably be ok. EDIT: if Magnussen doesn't deliver next year we might see Koba at McLaren-Honda in 2015...who knows :D

JJJ

November 12, 2013 4:30 PM

F1 » Smedley tipped to follow Massa

Strange. If Massa thinks he's as good as FA, but he can't hang with him in the races, you'd think the blame would have to go to Rob not delivering the right setup no? I think Massa is just to nice with these kind of things and he needs familiarity around him. I'd say just work with the guy who does Maldonado's setup, he (she?) can't be all that bad if you compare Pastor's performance with Bruno and Valtteri in the other car.

JJJ

November 12, 2013 3:50 PM

F1 » Magnussen given McLaren chance

Pff...meanwhile last year's 1st year WSBR champion who also beat this guy and won 2 championships in the 2 years before is standing on the sidelines... Seems to me like a bit of a desperate move by McLaren. Also harsh on Perez but that's how it goes sometimes I guess...quite a difference a year makes for him too, he must have dreamed about at least winning races this year and one year later he's probably out of a drive unless Carlos pulls another rabbit out of the hat for him.

JJJ

November 11, 2013 5:44 PM

F1 » Massa joins Williams for F1 2014

@Taz I think it's more of a case that Maldonado got fed up with the horrible car they made again this year as it was Williams kicking him to the curb. I'm sure that if Pastor really would have wanted to stay with his 25 million and hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram Williams probably would have let him. After all he did get a win for them last year and did get the 1 point they got this year. Also we don't know how much Wihuri and Kempii bring to table...While probably less than 25 mill I think we can safely assume it's still a couple of mill minimum. Couple that with a conflict that would arise from now wanting to bring Massa in with Petrobras in tow next to Pastor's PDVSA and the uncertainty surrounding the PDVSA deal and all of a sudden it's just business. As usual. Aside from that I'm pretty sure Bottas brings at least as much as Pic, Bianchi and vdG so if they are paydrivers then he is too, no?

JJJ

November 11, 2013 5:24 PM

F1 » Massa joins Williams for F1 2014

@Taz Oh you seriously think he's not a paydriver? Then why did his long time sponsors Wihuri and Kempii sign and expand on deals with Williams to sponsor the team. Paydriver by any other name is still a paydriver. Also the P3 was a shock result and quite good but it also became clear in the race that they had gambled on a full wet setup in quali while the forecast for the race was dry wetter and consequently it all completely fell apart in the dry race. It was a good performance in tricky conditions and the only remarkable thing he's done all year but also a classic case of a glory run on saturday knowing there's no chance on Sunday. I'm afraid this is another case of 'oh fin so must be great' thinking. Kimi is great, Hakkinen was very good, Kova was decidely average and I think Bottas is more Kova than the other two...perhaps JJ Lehto.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »