Crash.Net User: Ausrossi

Comments rating: 623
Position in rating: 206

Show Comments on:

Ausrossi

March 12, 2013 9:16 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Hi Zulu with your logic I have no problem I think there are too many trade winds blowing against Rossi for him to mount a serious challenge to JLO in terms of consistency (age, bike change, a slight confidence hangover from the Duc). Agreed. The two issues I see for JLO is that things may have been easier for him with Stoner going offstage but it looks like Marquez may be the real deal or certainly enough to take points from JLO. As you say the other unknown is Dani will he perform like he did in the latter half of last season as while I agree about JLOs consistency had they not stopped that wet race when they did we might have a different WC and if it was simply about consistency then a single race should not have that kind of bearing and I think it will be an even tougher season this year with as I said 4 riders with the potential to take the win mainly because none are injured before kickoff (touch wood)

Ausrossi

March 12, 2013 5:55 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Ausrossi

March 12, 2013 1:55 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

CRT you're not that bright are you, I don't think I said that Rossi did not ruin his own chances or that Stoner his either. However 2010 was the year that Stoner, Dani AND Rossi were out for extended periods, which you cannot say about 2008 or 9. I think even you can understand that if there are 4 aliens and you remove 3 for extended periods well... @Zulu I agreed with Marco the idea that after a compound fracture he would be on the pace immediately is unrealistic. I would also add that after 3 races he was only 9 point behind, and he won the first race and dislocated his should between that and the second (and we have a noted surgeon confirming how bad it was, but of course he was paid by CRT)

Ausrossi

March 11, 2013 10:09 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Actually Rossi is the most consistent as he holds the record for most consecutive race starts in MotoGp. Also people have short memories you have to understand he won 2008 and 9 (so back to back WC which none of the other aliens have been able to do) had a major injury in 2010 which wrote off his season and then went into the wilderness which is Ducati. We could argue about the Duc ad nauseum but a bike in WC contention it was not (and I think not in Stoner's hand either which is why I think he went to Honda).

Ausrossi

March 11, 2013 3:32 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Oh the other thing I wanted to add was Tiger Woods versus Nickolaus. The longer you go on the harder it is to dominate I agree, but the thing is Rossi has been dominant for a very long time, JLO is consistent now but after 6 years has 2 WC like Stoner. Everyone was talking Woods eclipsing Nick's number of majors by the time he was 30, time has demonstrated that maintaining that level for a long time is difficult. Also I will always maintain that 2010 was handed to JLo with all three aliens out for extended periods. This year he will have 3 other definite contenders for the crown let's see if that consistency remains under pressure. The thing about Rossi is I feel he thrives in that environment which and this is not a shot per se but I believe Stoner particularly didn't.

Ausrossi

March 11, 2013 3:01 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Ausrossi

March 11, 2013 2:55 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Hi Zulu, I can see what you are saying I am just saying you can remove 2010 because he was injured and 2011-12 because IMHO he was not on a competitive bike. These factors influence the near term comparison. If we look at the period say 2005 to 2009 or say 2006 to 9 when all three other aliens were in place and he won 2 of the 3 WC. Equally in 2006 you could say Stoner was just starting and Rossi had many well documented bike issues which in alot of ways lead to Hayden taking out the WC. I can still picture Rossi crashing in the last race to hand Hayden the WC that year.

Ausrossi

March 10, 2013 3:33 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Ausrossi

March 09, 2013 9:03 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Austin MotoGP test 'very important'

Ausrossi

February 28, 2013 2:11 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi 'pays a high price' for traction

Goat I won't waste my time pointing out the confluence of issues that came together to secure Stoner his Championship in 2007. A big part was Stoner but not solely. Equally we have seen his wins diminish considerably over those 4 years to the point where on balance it was likely that in 2012 he would not have won a race. As for Honda once again great rider but also great bike and explain to me why he did not repeat in 2012 and was outridden by his teammate on the same bike (if he is the greatest rider).

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »