Crash.Net User: Ausrossi

Comments rating: 625
Position in rating: 220

Show Comments on:

Ausrossi

October 10, 2014 3:27 AM

MotoGP » No seamless downshifts for Yamaha

Crazymofo that is some of the best creative writing on Stoner I have seen. The changes in electronics and gearbox that pushed HRC back to being the best bike were developed in 2010 before Stoner even through a leg over, he just benefitted from being Johnny on the spot, eerily similar to his first WC at Ducati, and like that WC the following seasons he could not maintain the form. Also another poll will Honda pull out when the control ECU comes in? My view is that while it won't create a fully level playing field as there are no restrictions on the software written only the hardware it should restrict Honda's dominance somewhat. Imagine how tight it would be with Yam seamless up and down as they are starting to close the gap despite this obvious benefit to Honda.

Ausrossi

October 08, 2014 3:49 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Fight for second ‘getting interesting’

My view is that MM crashing while trying to pursue Rossi was evidence enough that Rossi has the skills and strength to win against MM right now. As others have pointed out anecdotally Honda would seem to be the better package particularly due to the stability under breaking that a seamless both ways gearbox provides. Also the Yams are getting stronger or is it the riders. Either way that is two major brain fades for MM in two races. It is highly likely that coming into Motegi he will be thinking more about not dropping it than putting it up the inside.

Ausrossi

October 08, 2014 3:58 AM

MotoGP » Marquez ‘trying not to think’ of MotoGP title chance

Delay Delay Delay is the name of the game, MM will wrap it up but to scotch the change at Motegi would be gold for Yam. Apart from a break in transmission by Rossi (which was in many ways bad luck) I think Rossi is improving rapidly and will be out to make amends and JLo will try to cement his grip on P2. I think the pressure is building on MM and I think he is not good at riding a controlled race it is either zero or 1. Rossi and Jlo annoy him for 3/4 of the race and then see what happens.

Ausrossi

September 28, 2014 11:32 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: MotoGP is crazy sometimes!

Well done to jorge intelligent race. Would he have won in dry conditions hard to say. However I think it would have been a cracker race like misano but this time with jl rossi and dani all sticking it to mm. While not on equal footing with the Honda s I think the yam guys have definitely stepped it up. Both misano and this race were situations where a little pressure but more importantly consistent pressure was applied to mm and like misano he made a mistake. I hope the crash does not set rossi back I really think he has turned the corner.

Ausrossi

September 28, 2014 11:43 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi discharges himself from hospital

Yeah titfottat that's my worry too as I agree we were starting to see the old confident hard charging rossi indedd that move on dani was an example. Also it wasn't just the AstroTurf but did you see the massive dip where the two meet meaning the bike gets launched irrespective. Oh well we will see what this has done to Vale confidence and that it becomes a full three way e race for second.

Ausrossi

September 26, 2014 9:49 PM

MotoGP » Rossi pushing for victory repeat

To me Dani's spate of accidents relate more to issues of endurance and skill. On his day he is up there with the best but he cannot maintain that for consistently for a entire season leading to crashes. A bit the same as spies good rider but as he sought to match the performance of the best riders he started to crash more and ended his career. I think it fair to say that Vale doesn't share this trait. I think there is actually a question mark over both Marquez and possibly Jlo in this regard, as MM it appeared to me clearly crashed due to someone piling on some pressure as I have said previously if the yams can truly take it to MM on performance then Vale is capable of applying enough pressure for MM to make a mistake.

Ausrossi

September 12, 2014 4:13 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: I don’t regret joining Ducati

C'Mon, we all know that Duc stood still since 2006/7 the rest caught up got the same tyres and the results went backwards, in 2011 Honda took a huge step forward and Casey was Johnny on the spot again (like 2007) and won the WC. As someone else pointed out Vale's times weren't far off Casey's who had been on the bike for four years versus coming from basically the best handling bike on the grid so the transition must have been daunting even for Vale. He then set about trying to change the bike while also trying to win which is very bad recipe. I was also point out that Dovi despite the stickier tyres etc etc isn't doing that much better and is hardly a like for like comparison. Ducati got lucky in 2006/7 and I am sure Gigi and Dovi making for the exit when their contracts are up (Dovi may stay for the money). Maybe a move to Aprilia who actually can make a winning bike!

Ausrossi

September 15, 2014 4:49 AM

MotoGP » Victorious Valentino Rossi 'at the best of my career'

Yes as a fan some of these comments are a bit OTT but hey the haters get pretty ridiculous at times so it balances out. As for the win I feel Vale would have won irrespective and while we can never know for sure the quick comebacks by Vale must have had some influence on MM dropping the bike. As I have said numerous times, I feel Vale still has the capability to compete for a win against the other aliens but qualifies badly and so has the Duc between him and the front runners. If he can quali front row more wins are possible. Also I agree did you how Ross leapt passed MM one of the short straights what's with that. They need to sort the seamless downshift then we can say no advantage to either party and best man wins. I can't help feeling that with this obvious assistance to braking stability into corners negated MM won't look quite so super human.

Ausrossi

September 11, 2014 5:19 AM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

Those who criticise Rossi on the Duc fail to realise that the two Japanese marks continued to develop with Honda especially leapfrogging Yam in 2011 and that trend has remained. This is exactly the same issue that saw Casey go backwards on the Duc, they got a headstart in 2006 whereupon Capirossi was leading the championship before being taken out (and was never in the hunt before or since) and Bayliss as a wildcard wins the last race of 2006. Casey comes in and takes 2007 wow coudln't see that coming, then once the Japs caught up went steadily backwards. Jumps on the Honda with the seamless wins that season then can't back it up and gets shown how its done by his teammate Pedrosa in the second half of the season. Meanwhile Rossi is on a bike that is even further back beause of the Honda gamechanger. Would Casey have done better in 2011 on the Duc maybe but probably by very little.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »