Crash.Net User: Ausrossi

Comments rating: 642
Position in rating: 220

Show Comments on:

Ausrossi

May 20, 2014 4:41 AM

MotoGP » 'Same story' for Dovizioso, Crutchlow and Ducati

C'mon JustWatch, yeah Stoner could ride the Duc better but at the end of the day it was a pretty rapid decline by the time he handed it over to VR, 10,6,4,3 yes wins but with Honda pulling their finger out in 2011 I am pretty confident CS would not have won on it the following year. Also Rossi spent alot of time changing the bike instead of riding it in an attempt to improve it. As for Dr Relliscada, Duc's look very nice but in terms of design and performance they have always been pigs and only won because of skewed rules as others have stated. And trellis frames really can't handle the level of power hence the move to beam/deltabox. Also you talk about history hmm bimota, benelli, motoguzzi have all adopted beam frames at various times they seem pretty italian to me? I think Dovi wouldn't care if the frame was made of pasta as long as it was competitve.

Ausrossi

June 02, 2014 3:58 AM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

Look he stuffed quali and that set him back and yes you can eff your tyres in three laps if you have to try and get past others, by hard breaking more extreme cornering and acceleration (part if against Duc with great straightline acc). Or certainly enough to make it just that little bit harder. Also did anyone notice the comments from Jorge about "Yamaha" developing a better breaking bike allowing him to compete a little more with MM. Hmm this better breaking seems to have coincided with changes that Rossi has been making, even if Jorge will say "Yamaha". Also VR noted that he changed the map that killed his lap time, whether this is correct who knows, but he did drop a second for no apparent reason. I think if he had been on the front row and with a good start he could have kept with MM and VR but he can't make up the gap, and the race pace generally confirms that.

Ausrossi

June 23, 2014 4:46 AM

MotoGP » We're closer to beating Marquez, says Rossi

Look Loris was on course to win the world title on the Ducati in 2006, having never looked close at any other stage in the premier class, Troy Bayliss won as a wildcard in the last race of that season on the Duc. If that does not indicate that the Ducati bike was a step ahead at that stage through IMO a combination of engine and tyres then I don't know what does. To say that Stoner was the only one capable of riding the Duc is a fallacy. His rapid fall through the ranks on the Duc as Rossi and Yam improved and took back to back titles shows that. Equally him and JLo were showed respect because they like nice orderly racing, MM and Rossi like a scrap which also makes good television.

Ausrossi

June 30, 2014 5:19 AM

MotoGP » Rossi talks wrong tyre choice - Lorenzo, Marquez risks

I can see the point of those saying we are eternal optimists when it comes to VR. But I will maintain that if they were both on the front row and Rossi got to run with MM from the start there would be a very very close race. Equally most pundits confirm that the Honda is a step above. Rossi needs to qualify much better and Yam have to close the performance/handling gap. But in terms of outright ability I think Rossi is the only rider presently that on an equal playing field (and even with the Yam performance gap) could run with and beat MM. Until we get a situation where they are both in positions 1-3 on the first bend it will be difficult to see if I am right. Also agree with poster who said he should have stayed out like Broc P. Would have got nailed for the first 3 laps but then would have possibly won.

Ausrossi

June 02, 2014 4:05 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo lights up Mugello with Marquez battle

Nah hats off to JL despite a top speed/acc advantage to MM that saw him get nailed on the straight he took it to MM on a bike with a slight disadvantage and at that level that is all that is needed. This confirmed for me that on equal machinery it would be like this every race but with the outcome evenly divided. However I agree that Yam at least at this track closed the gap a little. But I still maintain on the same bike these guys would be hard to split and Marquez would not look quiet the deity he does at the moment, and I wouldn't have said that last year this race changed my view of JL, he raced and fought and I think given MM had a few moments we may see a little bit of pressure on MM. Now I just need Vale to find that 1/10th and it will be 12 cracking races to go.

Ausrossi

June 05, 2014 4:46 AM

MotoGP » Scott Redding pulls out of TT appearance

To me the issue is about percentages. Bar some of the stop go parts (few on the mountain course) it is high speed and the chances that you will either me FUBARd or killed are very high. Also IOMTT your figures fail to take into account one issue and that is averages. Yes 22 over ten years at IOM so roughly 2.2 per race meeting. BSB 27 in the same period number of races 144 so 0.1875 deaths per year. Difference there are 1173% more deaths at IOM each year than BSB. Equally I did look it up but there is a consistent level of deaths at IOM whereas I would hazard a guess that if you compared no of deaths in BSB in the first 5 years of that decade versus the later half you would see a decline as safety levels improve. Equally take into account injury as well as death I think you would fine the level of permanent disability at IOM to be exponentially higher than BSB also.

Ausrossi

June 13, 2014 4:01 AM

MotoGP » Rossi eager to tame ‘wild’ MotoGP qualifying

Brain I don't think it was that simple. I think if he was say third or fourth at the first turn and they were a second ahead then what you say would be reasonable, I guess the situation we need is where those three are close together on the first lap and marquez and Jlo successfully pull a similar gap then I will concede your point. Also you talk about Marquez both JLo and Rossi even on Thursday concede that the Honda has an edge particularly on corner entry. My view it is the in form rider on the best bike. As Rossi has also highlighted it would interesting to see Marquez on the Yam under current circumstances, I think the 7 from 7 might look a bit sicker.

Ausrossi

May 19, 2014 5:08 AM

MotoGP » Rossi mistake ends Marquez victory battle

People will disagree but MM Honda is a weapon. He is an extremely talented ride but I think the Honda makes him invincible at the moment. To that end I think Rossi was probably being kind to himself in saying there was a chance of the win. MM was racking up 0.3 on every lap. However, I do not think this is age or lack of skill on Rossi's part the Yamaha needs to be more competitive they close the gap there I think Rossi has clearly established that he can mix it with MM consistently like he did at Qatar. As for Casey just like Lorenzo never defended a WC, if it was nothing about the bike then why did his wins go from 10 in 2007 and a WC to six in 2008 and no WC which coincided with tyre changes etc etc. Same with Honda.

Ausrossi

May 16, 2014 10:54 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi to start Yamaha contract talks

Ah choo, look Marquez is the real deal but one WC or even 2 does not a make a legend. As I have pointed out before I seen articles about how Tiger after having won 8 majors was going to blow Nicholas' record (of 18?) out of the water he went on to win 3 more and the hasn't been in contention for years. Raf Nadal looks like he may do Feds record but he isn't there yet. It is not simply about talent but staying power Stoner didn't have it and I have always said 2010 for JLo was gifted by the other three aliens being injured and in 2012 a similar vein. Also I didn't bring up who was the greatest I just replied to Mr Fill.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »