Crash.Net User: kneedragon1962

Comments rating: 865
Position in rating: 183

Show Comments on:

kneedragon1962

March 07, 2015 2:26 PM

IndyCar » 2015 aero kits received by IndyCar teams

That really is getting on towards something you can't quite call an open wheeler any more. It's not quite an enclosed body with some air passages and vents in it like a racing sportscar either, it's a kind of no man's land. Which is not to say it's ugly or wrong, it isn't, it's just not something that easily fits in a known category. Imagine an enclosed canopy like an F16 jet over the driver... That's becoming rather a different animal.

kneedragon1962

March 18, 2015 11:31 AM

MotoGP » ‘The GP15 is a real Ducati’

I have tended to be a little cynical and negative about Ducati, because they tend to play the game a bit like Ferrari, a bit loose and fast around the edges. But, just like Ferrari, they are the heart and soul of the sport, and the sport is better off with them in it, and with a competitive product. That doesn't mean I want to see them win everything, I want to see competition, but I'm glad Ducati are back, or seem to be. Now hurry up and bring on the racing, my palms are starting to itch...

kneedragon1962

March 18, 2015 11:38 AM

MotoGP » ‘The GP15 is a real Ducati’

LOL, second separate box. Man, I'd love to know what they changed to get the front end working again. This is a problem which has defeated pretty much every rider who's ever got on the thing, so something very much wasn't right, and it stayed that way for a very long time. What was the problem, and how did they fix it? Yes, I know they have a perimeter / beam frame now, but they had that last year, and that isn't what fixed it. I figure it's something to do with the weight distribution, and the way the frame flexes, but I don't know.

kneedragon1962

March 19, 2015 2:12 AM

F1 » Horner denies Mercedes complaints are hypocritical

I wouldn't go pointing at Honda as a rhetorical tool in this. Honda McLaren have finished up the back once, in the first race, of the year, of the (new) partnership, of any involvement with KERS and DRS and all the latest chicanery... And by their own admission, they turned everything down to be conservative, to ensure they got home. Take a hard and rose coloured look at Honda McLaren finishing down there, because you won't see that for very long. It's like a cute baby photo of Ted Bundy or Mike Tyson or someone.

kneedragon1962

March 19, 2015 2:37 AM

MotoGP » ‘The GP15 is a real Ducati’

Harryx: mmmh, to me its a VW since a year or so... Ducati, as it was, is a thing of the past... sorry to say. ... Like it or not "Ducatisti" Only triumph is the last true Motorcycle-brand that is "on its own" THAT deserves real respect.
... um, Maybe I'm an old bloke with a dodgy memory, but Triumph went out of business when Meriden crashed. What you see today is a new consortium of money people who made a new company, yes British motorcycle company and Rah! Rah! but they purchased the rights to the trademarks and symbols and the name. They have a century of tradition because they bought it, not because they made it. Hardly Davidsomthing are an old motorcycle company. They don't make modern bikes. Triumph are about the same age, but that's the original Triumph. Ducati formed in 1926, but they started out making valves and condensers and other stuff for radios. They started making motorised bicycles in 1944.

kneedragon1962

March 15, 2015 8:27 AM

F1 » Hamilton romps to Australian Grand Prix win

Good effort and result from Lewis, did exactly what he needs to do. Not the most thrilling race ever, but very professional. LOL - I was tempted to get a disk and do a little recording. I don't expect to see McLarens up the back of the grid and still up the back at the end all that many times going into the future. McLaren & Honda have history, but it didn't usually look like that.

kneedragon1962

March 13, 2015 12:48 AM

F1 » ‘Open warfare’ permitted between Hamilton, Rosberg

'Open warfare' yeah, not real sure about that. In fairness, I'm Australian, and I spent years watching Mark Webber at RedBull, and what Nicco and Lewis have at MB seems to be a much more fair and open competition. They both seem to have enough brains to not blatantly take each other out, so the team are mostly (looks like) staying out of it and letting the drivers sort it out. As long as they continue to race hard but not do anything too silly, it should stay that way. What I'm not sure about, is whether the team are handling this differently, or whether it's just that the two drivers are handling it better.

kneedragon1962

March 08, 2015 7:28 AM

F1 » Ricciardo excited for homecoming in Formula 1 opener

... before they got to disliking him that much. But it does get odd. There is often the parochial support for Brit riders that you'd expect. James Toseland is not only a transformer of loaves and fishes, he's a concert pianist and the next great male model... But the support and religious ecstasy surrounding Monkey Boy / Geriatric hash 46 is rather remarkable... And so is the rather unfriendly and unsympathetic treatment that Tom Sykes gets. I'm a little bit of a Tom fan, but it seems quite a few of his countrymen are not...

kneedragon1962

March 08, 2015 7:24 AM

F1 » Ricciardo excited for homecoming in Formula 1 opener

Sparky62: I wonder what the motivation is behind the disagrees on the first 4 postings. It is not good to have Daniel in the sport? He should not make Australia proud? Cone on, tell us why you disagree! I would love to hear your logic.
Mate, I agree with you, but then again, I'm an Aussie and a child of 62, so.... Things to have in mind, this is a Brit website. How do Aussies generally relate to poms? Mostly, we tease them a little bit, some gentle sledging. Because, you know, we can. Well on this site, we're playing on their turf. A few years back, I was a vocal and very proud fan of Casey. The sh1t I got, and he got, on this site, knew no bounds. Some of it seemed to stem from humour, but some really seemed to show malice bordering on hatred. Quite a few poms seemed to like Mark Webber, but a fair few didn't. And Jack Miller seems to have stirred up a wave of jealousy and vitriol that have me feeling very positive about his future. Casey was well on his way

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »