Crash.Net User: Painless

Comments rating: 727
Position in rating: 169

Show Comments on:

Painless

July 23, 2011 3:11 AM

MotoGP » Hayden GP11.1 debut, Rossi sticks with new bike

The GOAT vs Crashey Moaner - Head to Head - Part 5 2006 to current In head to head, over all of the scheduled races, regardless of whether they started, crashed, went fishing, drank milk, visited the orthopaedic ward, or did lunch. Stoner has defeated Rossi 51 times and Rossi defeated Stoner 45 times. 2006 to current In head to head, when both of them actually started the race. Stoner has defeated Rossi 46 times and Rossi defeated Stoner 41 times. 2007 to current In head to head, when both of them started and rode factory bikes. Stoner has defeated Rossi 41 times and Rossi defeated Stoner 31 times. Interesting to note that Rossi never got in front of Stoner at any point over this 4 year period. He drew level twice. Once when Stoner had his bout of dairy issues, but then fell behind once Stoner returned, and the second period started at the French GP in 2010, when Stoner retired, and concluded when Rossi returned following his medical leave.

Painless

July 23, 2011 3:06 AM

MotoGP » Hayden GP11.1 debut, Rossi sticks with new bike

The GOAT vs Crashey Moaner - Head to Head - Part 2 I thought it best to compare them head to head. For those of you who might be a bit slow, or English is not your first language, head to head means which rider finished in front of the other. Of course this assumes that Mr Rossi was not already done for, a spent force, washed up, etc by the time Mr Stoner arrived. I based this assumption on a single crucial observation. That being, that all the fanfare that the disciples of said Mr Rossi have made over the period in question had some basis in performance in the chosen field, that being motorcycle racing, and not just idle adoration of his zany post race victory entertainment. A reasonable assumption, or so I thought.

Painless

July 23, 2011 3:09 AM

MotoGP » Hayden GP11.1 debut, Rossi sticks with new bike

The GOAT vs Crashey Moaner - Head to Head - Part 4 Now before we get to the finale, I would ask some of my native English speaking fellow humans, that do not ride scooters, to do the obvious translation/response duties on my behalf. I know it is a lot to ask, but I will surely fall into a coma and die, if I have to reply to some of the responses that will ensue once the infamous Crash hordes get wind of this. Thus, without further ado, I present for your enjoyment, the results. (In as much as a spreadsheet and Wiki as a source will allow) Casey Stoner 2006 - Premiere class rookie - Satellite Honda 2007 - 2010 - Factory Ducati 2011 - Factory Honda Valentino Rossi 2006 - 2010 - Factory Yamaha. (2006 was Rossi's 6th year in the premiere class having already won 5 premiere class championships) 2011 - Factory Ducati

Painless

July 23, 2011 3:07 AM

MotoGP » Hayden GP11.1 debut, Rossi sticks with new bike

The GOAT vs Crashey Moaner - Head to Head - Part 3 Now we all know that Mr Stoner is also known by many aliases. Many of these are related to what is seen as his incorrect personality. There are also a lot that refer to his unplanned excursions off the track, for the sake of this comparison, this is known as a retirement. It may just be that he was tired, or his motorcycle ceased to function, but in any case he has had 14 of these 'retirements' during his premiere class career, whereas the Golden Child has had just seven. One would assume that with so many credits gifted to the Anointed One that Mr Crash-a-Lot has no chance, and that The Greatest will dish out the thrashing that his unworthy adversary so richly deserves, but one would be in error.

Painless

July 23, 2011 3:04 AM

MotoGP » Hayden GP11.1 debut, Rossi sticks with new bike

The GOAT vs Crashey Moaner - Head to Head Part 1 Much is made on this forum and others, that once upon a time Valentino Rossi won 7 premiere class championships and some tiddlers. However, his nemesis, Casey Stoner, has only won one championship. Therefore, his loyal devotees extol to the world at large, Rossi is vastly superior and any further discussion is moot. This comparison, of course, is ludicrous, since they have not been racing in the premiere class over the same period of time.

Painless

July 19, 2011 4:54 PM

MotoGP » Depressing race for Ducati

Dear John, Always a pleasure! Though I do take exception to the term Stonerite as I have yet to align myself with any faction for fear of retribution from the Crash hordes. For myself, I always enjoy having a laugh and your compliments, lack of content etc, are greatly appreciated. I have to turn in now. Goodnight to all crash posters. I have an excuse, do you? cheers

Painless

July 19, 2011 4:32 PM

MotoGP » Depressing race for Ducati

Mr John, Touch'e! It is fortunate that you do have special powers, of the type that another of our esteemed posters alluded to, that enable you to know these things about Rossi that the rest of us mere mortals could only hazard vague guesses about. With regard to the morphing of the thread into yet another example of the Stoner vs Rossi type, I was under the impression that this was the natural state of things here at the illustrious Crash forum. Is this not the case? cheers

Painless

July 19, 2011 4:17 PM

MotoGP » Depressing race for Ducati

Mr Simpson, Well I would use that word 'different' with some reservation. I think different as in "destroyer of motorcycle racing career' would be more apt. However, I stand corrected as I do not have any special abilities that would allow me to know that Stoner could win on a Vespa. It was just an assumption based on observation. I am sure you will be able to overlook my transgression.

Painless

July 19, 2011 4:05 PM

MotoGP » Depressing race for Ducati

Dear John, Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me. Allow me to reciprocate for your benefit. As I recall my point is that Stoner rides fast. He appears to be shining a little don't you think? Leading the championship and what have you. Though I expect that Lorenzo is going to be extremely difficult to beat over a season. However I think all this conjecture arose because of the curious case of Rossi on said Ducati, obviously a dog to ride, which gave rise to the initial point. I do not recall saying that Stoner was the only 'great rider' nor mentioning the words 'talent only' cheers

Painless

July 19, 2011 3:48 PM

MotoGP » Depressing race for Ducati

Dear John, Well you say that you bow to Mr How Good's superior knowledge, but we know you are just being facetious. Mr Good did not use the word win nor the word championship. He used the word quick. The topic being that Stoner appears to ride anything fast, like previous champions. Mike Hailwood springs to mind. Is that clear enough for you? I did mention that Stoner does not have the luxury of being a plodder because he is often thought of as lacking charisma and hails from a place that is deemed unsuitable. Have a nice day

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  »