Crash.Net User: Nigs

Comments rating: 54
Position in rating: 1750

Show Comments on:


April 27, 2013 6:38 PM

F1 » Bangkok street race circuit layout decided

Having lived in Thailand for 20 years I can not see this race ever happening. The government (ie the family of Thaksin and his sister the PM) have pledged to support the project 60%. The other 40% is to come from sponsors such as Red Bull and Singha. I know the route well and to upgrade the road surface will cost millions. To provide the night-lighting will cost millions. All the rest will cost millions. The 'government' will see this as an opportunity to pledge 60% (of tax-payer money) but get Red Bull and Singha to put up the real money while government individuals make millions of dollars (from the tax-payers) by having their family businesses supply sub-standard road surfaces, sub-standard lighting etc etc. I will be very surprised if this ever happens. But things will at least start so that tax-payer money finds its way into the pockets of corrupt government officials before the next election. Welcome to Thailand!


May 30, 2014 2:17 PM

F1 » Hakkinen: 'Hamilton looked like a sore loser'

MikeLite: Well at least Hamilton knows what Rosberg is really like now and cannot be trusted to play fairly. Similar sort of things have happened in the past frequently with drivers such as Senna, Schumacher, Alonso and Pironi. Personally I think he will come back in Canada and make Rosberg look a bit average.
And now we know what Twinkle Ears is. A hissy, hand-bag swinging diva who can't stand being upstaged. Well done Nico you put her in her place.


February 15, 2014 12:49 PM

F1 » F1 field is ‘mediocre’ – Villeneuve

In the early days of F1 a driver had to worry about his gear stick, the clutch, the brake, the accelerator and the thingie that moved the front wheels from side to side. By the time Jackie V was driving that thingie had become a little bit more complicated. It did other things apart from turning the front wheels from side to side. As the complexity of that thingie increased Jackie Boy got confused and had to move off to simpler sports where you just put the accelerator hard down and turn the thingie hard over so you can go as fast as possible in a circle, or oval. I doubt his brain could handle the amount of information that is fed to the average F1 driver of today from however many sources.


April 27, 2013 6:54 PM

F1 » Tilke 'approached to design new Thai track'

Ah, all the comments are about Tilke and his tracks. Love them or hate them. But the mere concept of an F1 event in the poorest region of Thailand should be questioned. I do not believe believe the Bangkok street circuit will ever happen (thanks to rampant corruption) and I do not believe that a project involving Newin Chidchob will ever come to fruition. Buri Ram is one of the poorest regions of Thailand. What would the rice farmers and buffalo-herders make of such an event?

Page 1 of 2
1 2  »

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2015 Crash Media Group | Built by Accelerate Agency

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.