Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4255
Position in rating: 17

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 5:44 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

Its hard to see what Miller has done to earn the ride. There's a lot of variables and questions surrounding the LCR team next season for sure! As it stands... I'm thinking that only Redding's gutsy rides (& his relations with Honda & MarcVDS) have got him onto the Satellite Honda with MarcVDS... I'm still pretty sure that his sheer size is going to make his task an impossible one, and HRC only put Microbes onto Repsols (cos they understand the Laws of Physics even if half of Crash posters seem not to). I can't see wins or even top 5's in Reddings future right now. Even though the lad has talent and ability in Spades.. I think his mass is going to be the deciding factor (unless Dorna DO something about this). How big / heavy is Miller? I know he's not super-small, but I'm betting he is way lighter than Redding is - so if he's good enough, he has more MotoGP potential simply through being smaller.

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 6:01 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

@ Raju "Dont think Heaviness is a disadvantage at all" Please see my previous post where I mention many Crash Posters failing to grasp the basic Laws of Physics. I think you just proved that! Try wearing an empty rucksack all day tomorrow. Then, the next day put 15kG of weight in it and wear it again. Then come back and tell me that extra weight doesn't need extra energy to move it about.... .... and then recall that at several tracks MotoGP bikes are very marginal on 20L of fuel. Which bike will run out of fuel first - the one trying to accelerate a dozen times a lap, for 23 laps, carrying 58kG, or the one carrying 70kG? I despair sometimes. I really do.

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 5:52 PM

MotoGP » KTM to join MotoGP in 2017

LeisuresuitLarry:
TalentFan: ........ KTM have already seen Honda's back room political might in Moto3 with the rpm reduction that hits KTM, but aids Honda.
Yep, and it will continue. Revs drop in 2015 to 13,500 in Moto3 - which suits Honda as their motor has a smaller bore and larger stroke than the KTM.
Yeah - ironic huh? Honda are more than happy to have a lowered rpm limit in Moto3 (when it'll actually Honda's more competitive against KTM's higher-revving, pokey motor)... .... but fight tooth and nail, with the usual dire threats to withdraw etc. etc. if a lower rev ceiling is even whispered in MotoGP (where of course this would reduce costs, eliminate the need for pneumatics and some electronics... and basically make it easier for other teams to compete with them). Anyone else seeing a pattern here? Why the hell are Dorna bending over backwards to accommodate Honda????

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 4:10 PM

MotoGP » KTM to join MotoGP in 2017

........ KTM have already seen Honda's back room political might in Moto3 with the rpm reduction that hits KTM, but aids Honda. What do they think they are going to find in MotoGP - that they'll be given a fair shot at the title? I really do wish them luck... but I think they are going to find that MotoGP is a closed shop, and they aren't going to get anything but the bum's rush.

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 4:08 PM

MotoGP » KTM to join MotoGP in 2017

There's only Grand Prix and WSBK for truly international motorcycle events.... and the future for WSBK does not look promising. I'm wondering if Kawasaki will ride it out competitively with WSBK and then simply withdraw from Factory Works Racing? Their base ZX10 package is very,very competitive in BSB & Superstock proddie racing all over (unlike Honda & Yamaha)... while Honda & Yamaha dominate in MotoGP (where they've ringfenced the series and rules to suit them rather nicely, thank you). Ever wondered why the ZX10 is the weapon of choice for Superstock / Superbike, while Honda are mediocre, and Yamaha don't even feature? Seems to me that Teams adopt the Kawa as its the better base bike for the job - meaning that in a truly competitive environment (i.e. where teams choose and pay for their own kit) that H & Y are losing. So its reasonable to ask... are H & Y only winning in MotoGP because they have gained unfair advantage, & aren't really racing anyone else head-to-head? KTM ha

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 1:26 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

"And if technology is replacing rider skill, why did Valentino Rossi change his riding style to put more weight over the front wheel to get better drive, rather than relying on the electronics feathering the throttle for him?" 1. Cos they do still have to do something Bob. I do realise these boys aren't riding on a bus y'know! 2. Why couldn't the same man, with the same talent, do what he is doing on a Ducati? Its easy to just say "cos the Yamaha is much better" and think no more of it, isn't it? Yet technology MUST be replacing rider skill, as a Multiple WC and THE most successful Racer in the current era could not make the difference in 2 seasons of trying. Rossi is the single biggest and best proof of why it is technology that determines potential success in MotoGP more than the Rider IMO. His huge slump and then recovery of form and results simply through changing to a front-running Factory effort proves the huge influence the package has. Its also why Suzuki won't be displ

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 3:36 PM

MotoGP » KTM to join MotoGP in 2017

Hmm. Looks like Dorna are looking to close the book on WSBK, and just keep MotoGP. Or... they think WSBK will survive as a non-factory much cheaper proddie Series a la BSB model maybe (though they don't seem to be making any real effort to get there with the latest rules fudging). It also means that Mfrs will really only have one place IF they want to race with Factory Teams.... MotoGP. While its great in theory... I remain gravely concerned that (just like I am for Suzuki & Aprilia) that the head start in the tech and electronics specific to MotoGP arena means that little KTM could be jumping into a furnace and will get badly burned. Unless.... KTM know something about the rules for 2017 that we don't? For sure BMW won't be daft enough to enter... not with all the cards in favour of Honda & Yamaha... they are way too savvy for that IMO.

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 3:45 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

Aw Brain... I starting to think you don't like me! I'm hurt. I note you'll slag me off, but don't actually contribute anything, or actually are able to refute my posts yourself - but you do enjoy a nice jump onto a bandwagon eh "Brain"?. Also, please do not presume that I think anything of the sort of drivel you spout. I've made my feelings and reasons for what I have said very clear, and done my best to support why I've said what I have said with examples. But as I have said before... certain empty vessels aren't about to change, and I certainly do not expect a reasonable or inciteful post from your quarter. Sniping from the sidelines is more your kind of thing. Just ignore me and I'll do likewise eh? - we'll both be happier that way.

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 1:17 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

I have to work too, so I'll leave with this.... I think the biggest problem and resistance to what I post is not that its unreasonable, or ill-considered, or that I'm a doom-monger.... Its human nature. No-one likes a Smartar$e. And I'm coming across as one. Hopefully at least some readers will take the points at face value, and get them thinking before simply posting..... "Rider X is Carp. He'll never win a race and doesn't deserve a better bike" My point is... is that Rider X should not be in NEED of a better bike in MotoGP... he should have one thats good enough already (without doing the job for him that is).

TalentFan

September 17, 2014 1:10 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

..... All my stuff is conjecture (just like everyone else) - like all of us I don't get inside info to conclusively prove anything. That does not mean that what I have said is not reasonable and considered, and is based upon the available information. It is considered opinion. It is a reasonable conclusion to state that the data and technology now determines much of the Racing, and is replacing direct rider inputs. This in turn reduces the influence of the Rider upon the outcome (inevitable). Ergo the rider's abilities become less significant, while the machines abilities become ever more significant. The machines abilities are dependent upon the amount of resources a team can apply - ergo the biggest, wealthiest, most powerful Team gains significant advantages over others. Therefore logic dictates.... that electronics unchecked has to result in a stratified field and an irrelevant riders contest. I'd call that logical and reasonable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »