Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4288
Position in rating: 17

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 1:27 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

Yeah, I'm getting that grantrd. None of my posts have ever been aimed at those like yourself who aren't capable of understanding, but just make loud noises to compensate for lack of original thought and counter-opinion. Possibly there are those out there who might read one and go "I never thought of it like that" and actually provoke some thought on the matter for themselves. Even if their conclusion didn't agree with mine, at least it would stimulate some thought on the matter. Which after all, is what forums and such are meant to be about. I am acutely aware that there are those that are lost causes. That is obvious when their total lack or will or ability to challenge or question is exposed by their simplistic and inadequate nonsense, or plain ignorant 'why don't you just shove off' type of playground posts. Like your wonderful example.

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 11:08 AM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

Garcia: LOL Talent Fan, humiliated much? He's saying it loud and clear for you to understand, electronics or not, it's the riders that ultimately make the difference, also "without electronics qualifying would become more spread out and so would the race" totally contradicting your absurd theories that it's because of the electronics that there is a big gap between bikes. But sure, we all know Doohan is only saying these things because he's part of the Dorna conspiracy and he's paid to spread motogp lies to the world... I really don't know if your are a deranged person with a paranoid fixation or just a troll. My guess is both.
DOH! He's an ex-rider and ambassador for the Sport. What do you expect him to say? Also its the electronics that dictate positions, not big gaps. Get it right if you're going to have a go eh?

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 3:22 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

... instead of questionable IMO. If Marquez could do what he's doing if he swappd bikes with Redding next race, THEN it'd be all about his talent. We all know that is impossible. My beef is that it should not be permissable in an international, premier race series with the very best of the best riding talent in it... to then ALLOW the same Mfr to have one spec and Team to supply equipment to a rival that is designed, controlled and limited to be inferior, and to deliberatley stratify the field so most are no-hopers regardless of ability. Why EVERYONE isn't upset about that is what I cannot fathom. I can see why Honda might want to do this. I can see why a Sponsor might wish to have better kit. What I can't condone is a Series Organiser permitting them to get away with it, and fans passively accepting that 80+% of the field aren't in any position to actually compete.

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 3:08 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

@ Smooth Criminal 1. Its just me. I have no interest nor desire to go to the ridiculous lengths of creating multiple accounts or users. Whoever else is out there posting and questioning the valifity of MotoGP is doing it independently of me, 2. I have never called MM or any rider 'scum'. Nor do I say he is not worthy. I DO say that a WC is not worthy when it is contested with huge technical and performance advantage so that your rivals are disadvantaged. 3. I will close with this... Forget the why' the how's and the technology for the moment. My main point is this... if technology tilts the playing field, and increasing tech tilts it ever further... then while this might well demonstrate superbly the engineering excellence of a Factory Team / Mfr... it is INEVITABLE that the Riders contest is diminished and rendered pointless and invalid by the technology. Seeing as how Sport is meant to be FAIR... and that most fans watch as their primary interest is the Riders Contest...

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 11:29 AM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

Hmm, the usual suspects all lining up to have a pop at my opinions eh? And I'm a 'Troll'? Funny. Yes guys, its the Rider making the difference, and the best guys will always be at the top. Is it? In THAT case, how come Rossi is multiple WC on a Factory Yamaha, then spends 2 seasons in a virtual wilderness at Ducati, then straight back to top 4 status, multiple podiums and a win... as soon as he gets back on a Factory Yamaha? This is the single biggest proof that its the equipment making the biggest difference - even with Rossi being 35 and past his prime perhaps - swing a leg over the 2nd best package out there and he's again a contender. Why has no-one won on a Satellite bike in over 8-years (& then it was as rare as Rocking Horse $h1t)? Oh yes, its cos no-one who rides one is good enough, right? But how do you KNOW this, when the package & support isn't as good? Just believe then. Clearly, independent Thinking is not for you, so stick with your blind faith and obedience. Just

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 3:13 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

.... then that fan interest and preference suggests that the level of technology is too high to suit their want. UNLESS that is... fans are fully aware and fully happy to accept that the Guy with the laurels is just the lucky one with the good stuff, and it wasn't a fair contest. Regrettably, the media and promotion of MotoGP as being all about the riders suggests that MotoGP clearly understands its audiences desires, but the lack of any kind of rules ensuring bikes are remotely even proves they aren't actually interested in satisfying that desire in reality (they just gloss over it, and the masses buy into it). I value the Sport and the Riders above all. However it is clear that I am in a minority, as most of you seem to be happy for these things to come a lot lower down the pecking order. Even if I was a MM fan (and I do rate his ability) I'd STILL want him to have to fight on a level playing field and earn the plaudits fair n square. It'd make his achievements monumental instea

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 11:35 AM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

....... keep on believing pilgrims. Thanks though for giving me a good laugh this morning! You WANT to believe all that you are told, and WANT to believe the media and those involved, and are happy to take it as Gospel. It never occurs it seems to you that ALL these people have a vested personal interest in MotoGP and/or one of the Mfrs somehow, and that what they tell you might be motivated by such things. Oh no. If (insert here) said it, it MUST be 100% Gospel Truth. Haha. Good luck you Accolytes. You're gonna need it.

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 11:05 AM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

SasquatchBob:
TalentFan: Nothing contentious or really outspoken there really
A couple of things he did say were "When it comes to competition I think without electronics qualifying would become more spread out and so would the race." and "I think the same guys would be winning whether they were riding two strokes or four strokes." Interesting... Is he wrong or lying do you think?
Dunno. Its an opinion he qualifies by saying he hasnt ridden the new stuff at race pace, so even he's not saying its definitive. He also says its critical to be with the right team, and a factory team. Does this mean he's saying no-one else has a hope? Like I said, opinion, and carefully delivered & not too far from safe centre.

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 2:51 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

....... is supported by logical, considered and valid information. Just saying "you're wrong, shove off I don't like what you're saying" hardly qualifies. I have read and researched some - and some has made me re-think, but mostly its been inconclusive or incomplete so the questions remain open. I think perhaps some forums are aimed lower than others - maybe here its a bit like asking a 5-yr-old if he understands adult relationships. My mistake is persevering with questions that perhaps would be better posed elsewhere, & where I might get higher quality responses. FYI I would like nothing better than for the masses to be right, and for my theories to be disproved - it would mean GP's ARE what they ought to be. The problem is.. is that there is FAR too much telling me that is simply not the case.

TalentFan

September 11, 2014 2:50 PM

MotoGP » Mick Doohan - Q&A

Fair play Bob, at least you've taken the trouble to present an opinion politely. And when I am less than glowing its generally in kind to the manner in which I have been addressed (see grantrd). If people are polite to me, then I am polite in turn. This is not practised nor understood by some, so there is sometimes an overwhelming urge to respond in kind. Yes, of course I've thought about it. Half of my posts are replies to shouty and often rude ones where I am reiterating things I've already said... simply as it seems people aren't even prepared to consider anything they don't like, or wish to even think about things. But they'll happily bash away at me for doing so. Such is life eh? As for "am I right"... the truth is of course I cannot be sure. But.... there are plenty of indicators and information which HAS to lead me to consider that it is POSSIBLE. Ideally, my viewpoint would open a lively and respectful debate, where counter-argument is supported by logical, considered

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »