Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4251
Position in rating: 16

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

August 14, 2014 11:19 PM

MotoGP » British MotoGP to Circuit of Wales!

I live in West Wales. The location etc. in SE Wales is fine and has good access and roads infrastructure. Anyone on here tried getting into Mugello? If you had you'd never moan about the road access inti Ebbw Vale. But.... mrfill makes solid points. Given that The Taffia including every well connected businessman, contractor and politician will all be looking to their own personal profit and pocket, with little or no actual concern for the taxpayers money or the actual completion of the project and its success as a venue and contributor to motorsport and the Economy...... Then I wont be the least surprised if CoW doesnt turn out to be an expensive lemon. CoW is a great idea but I have very little faith itll be done properly. Its far more likely that we will all get done over while those involved disappear after obtaining vast sums from this in a short-term cash grab frenzy. Dorna are just one more big nose in the trough on this one I fear.

TalentFan

August 05, 2014 3:46 PM

WSBK » Chaz Davies: The long road to success

Chaz's race career to date story just goes to demonstrate that being suitably talented really isnt the be-all and end-all, and determines that a racer will be successful. Really, that Chas has been able to fight his way to the top is remarkable. It begs the question of just how many potentially champion material racers have been buried into mediocrity by 2nd rate kit and 3rd rate support? On the flip side... how many guys had top flight careers on top grade kit whose talent didnt warrant it quite so much? Its a pity and a hard truth that it takes an awful lot of planets to align for you as well as top talent to be able to make it.

TalentFan

August 14, 2014 10:46 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Honda has found something

Its amazing how a poster can claim with total security that Marquez or any other rider would definitely win mosf of the races if he rode a rivals bike, and that is definitely MM's skill that makes the most important contribution...... Based on nothing. Marquez has never so much as sat on a Yamaha, and it is actually far more likely that he'd be less effective on one than on the Repsol RCV. Then theres the fact that all the Factory team bikes bristle with finely tuned and meticulously set up electronic rider skill replacing systems.... systems which simply would not be there and have the massive investment in time and money made in them...... if they weren't effective at managing key elements better than ANY human input. Blind belief and evangelism. You want to save that for religion, not for getting all lovestruck over any motorcycle racer.

TalentFan

August 14, 2014 11:38 PM

MotoGP » Bradley Smith staying at Tech 3 Yamaha

Codger: myself...... I must admit that what you say was my first thought when Honda signed Cal. Let's hope they both make good on their respective lifelines. I suppose TalentFan....sorry, ProfX will educate us on how Dorna and Bridgestone engineered both signings.
Codger. Sorry to disappoint but I have nothing ti do with ProfessorX. He is another poster. Actually our posts are quite different in many ways, you're just not seeing them. But seeing as you stirred the pot..... youd be a damned fool not to know that Dorna as well as the Mfrs meddle and bring significant pressure to bear on the hiring decisions Satellite Team Principles make. Its openly spoken about and reported about and admitted by Mfrs, Dorna and team owners FFS! I cant be accused of a conspiracy theory when its all in the public domain already! So yes if course there's going to be more to Smith getting the ride for 2015 than just Herve deciding Smith deserves a 3rd season! Good grief

TalentFan

August 05, 2014 3:17 PM

MotoGP » LCR Honda confirms Cal Crutchlow

Actually I'm not sure what to make of this. I also have no idea how CC will go on the LCR. The LCR is not capable of winning. It could be, but the Hondas that get dibs on wins have to have Repsol on the Fairings. But its good enough to run top 5 with odd forays onto lower podium steps with a little bit of good fortune imo. In other words, better than the current Ducati (& I say that as someone with lots of respect for Dovi & what he's doing on it). I agree with many others who say Cal has to do better than Bradl to stay in MotoGP. I also think that hes got a mountain of reality to get over before he will get another full factory ride, there just arent enough and he's more likely to be passed over or one will never come up in his remaining MotoGP seasons.

TalentFan

August 05, 2014 3:23 PM

MotoGP » LCR Honda confirms Cal Crutchlow

......... actually there is maybe one very unlikely scenario where Cal could get a Repsol..... Dani leaves for some reason, while Cal has a totally unexpected super season on the LCR, & Marquez approves him as a No2. I did say it was a very unlikely scenario! But not 100% impossible. All comes back to the same start point though...... Cal needs to deliver a standout 2015 season.

TalentFan

August 01, 2014 6:22 PM

MotoGP » Red Bull increases Honda backing

@ mrfill I really do hope that you're right. I'm no software guy for sure, but my expectation is that since the Factory Engineers know and have measured and recorded exactly what it is they can achieve with their data solutions, that this will aid them to optimise the spec stuff way better than private teams without anything like the man-hours and resources. But... if you say it can't be done (I wonder how the 'won't be allowed to' can be effectively policed) then again - I really do hope you're right, and that it does have a big effect on closing the performance gulf. I still have concerns about the Factory teams restricting the satellite/private guys through hardware and support though to control the competitiveness of large portions of the grid, while others simply cannot afford to have competitive material. We shall see eh? Thanks though for taking the time to expain it instead of just trying to discredit me through suggesting my concerns are all in my own head like good old

TalentFan

August 01, 2014 2:04 PM

MotoGP » Red Bull increases Honda backing

Brain: Yea, its like herding cats with that guy. You pin him down and boom, he twists and turns, then escapes to another topic. His problem is, we remember what he says, he obviously doesnt.
EDIT by CRASH.NET: Removed name calling. As you say, all my posts are there to be read - Mick tries to discredit through being selective and deliberately misinterpreting, but its all there for anyone to read with an open mind and see what my motivation is. Seeing as Mick can't do it - why don't you try and answer my question about the 2016 electronics and software then? Tell you what - if you can give me a good answer, with evidence and reasoning for your yes/no conclusion, & completely blow me away I'll happily not post a word for at least a month! Hows that for incentive!

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  »