Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4100
Position in rating: 16

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 11:00 AM

MotoGP » Bridgestone to quit as MotoGP tyre supplier

Yes Cossiegaz. I said the same thing not long ago too The big issue would be cost I think. It'd be proper tyre competition and even things up a but as long as all teams had the same choices - no specials for some that others can't have etc. But the cost of logistics of each tyre co taking enough compounds and options for the entire field just in case would make this expensive and practicality will rule it out as a consideration. Pity, but there it is.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 11:24 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

@ PorkPie & Realist. I'm afraid that I do see the inequality and the unfairness, & yes you're right that the near bertical nature of the laying field bugs me.. As does some if the inane posts praising one guy with everything in his corner and the slating another guy with no fair chance to prove his mettle. So I'm afraid I cannot join the happy people oohing over a 2 horse race. My posts have been in the vain hope that fans will demand better and not accept anything less than real racing. It's the only way you'll ever get it. Act dumb & happy and they'll keep serving you rubbish. But I recognise I'm flogging a dead horse. Mostly fans aren't principled about sport or care if it's unfair. So l will either post what I think and believe, or I shan't post. It's clear you prefer option 2. Enjoy your WWF soap opera, I cannot.

TalentFan

April 30, 2014 11:33 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

@ Pork Pie Actually I do think that on an electronically limited superbike and on British tracks that the top BSB guys would be pretty hard work for pretty much anyone off the international scene jn tbeir own back yard. Young Marquez would have more competition for sure... for a start the bikes are a lot more even and theres no TC and scope for all the techie assistance hes is used to relying on, while the tracks are fast but narrower and busier. Theres some fast tough chargers in BSB and the standard isnt shabby. Its not that nuts to think it possible that a Marquez might have his hands full in that environment. As for the rest of your pop at me I couldnt care less. If you're happy with MotoGP as it is, then lucky you. Some of us just dont like settling for less or imitations when they know the real deal would be 10x better, thats all.

TalentFan

April 30, 2014 11:42 AM

MotoGP » Smith hampered by handling on full fuel load

AmIEviL: Wasn't very good in Moto2..Isnt very good in MotoGP...he will be Lucky to stay in front of his teammate for the first half, Smith out...Rabat In
Actually Smith was good in M2... But his bike wasn't the best. Just look how well his d teammate is going now on a better chassis... Smith hammered Simeon at T3. People who don't look past the stats and then post dismissive drivel! Marquez gets everything in M2 & MGP & its cos he is brilliant, while anyone with 2nd string kit is a rubbish rider. Mentally stunted cretins abound on Crash for sure.

TalentFan

April 30, 2014 11:54 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Sweetest third place of my career

@ Codger Yep, definitely the man that Baylis. My first memory is his Gp wildcard as a replacement rider on what was seen as a dog slow RGV250 that was getting nowhere usually and was a very unfancied ride. This would be what, around 1997? I watched as he rode the wheels of it to to get that bike its best placing by miles... a really hard fought 5th if memory serves. Think it was that ride that got Troy his BSB GSE Ducati ride. The rest as they say, is history. EDIT by CRASH.NET: Please stay on topic.

TalentFan

April 30, 2014 11:39 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

Vale4eva: Jeez TalentFan, I hope someday you just stop posting your depressing and paranoia stories in a MotoGP forum. I think my little sheepish brain can't handle the same story over and over anymore... Isn't fishing better for you, or doesn't that challenge your vast intellect enough?
Ignore me then. Go turn your attention back to the shiny fast things and dont try to understand, just smile and rest that poor brain. After all, yiu dont need reality or real competition to jntrude on your enjoyment of the nice fast shiny things do you? Ignore my posts . I'll happily avoid yours. Theres no substance in them anyway. Have a nice life.

TalentFan

April 29, 2014 9:11 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

Now I've thought about it.... wouldnt Marquez as a wildcard on Lowes title winning Samsung Honda Fireblade at a BSB round be wonderful? After all, Honda Uk claim they will do wild card rounds, and stated the only reason they arent in BSB as a team is cos they couldnt sign a top rider! I could just imagine the likes of Shakey, Bridewell, and maybe esp. Josh Brookes rubbing their hands with glee at the chance to get stuck into a race with the "MotoGP WC". You can bet they'd fancy their chances against him too. Know what? So would I.

TalentFan

April 30, 2014 11:26 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Sweetest third place of my career

Baylis was for me that rare combination of good humour and a personable character, but combined with an iron determination and uber- competitive nature. I also always got the impression that he was genuinely sporting and did his fighting and winning on the track, not through politics or contractual advantages over team mates. Right or wrong he gave me the impression that he'd race anyone on fair terms and ask for nor give any quarter. Certainly a great role model for young Miller in how to conduct yourself both on and off the track IMO. Probably Baylis ranks as maybe the racer I could like and respect more than any other. I really enjoyed that Valencia MotoGP performance and was delighted to see him win it. The racing world could do with a few more Baylis' and a lot less staging and Prima Donna's IMO!

TalentFan

April 29, 2014 9:01 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Sweetest third place of my career

I guess I'm pretty old compared to many on here.... at least I hope so based on the naivety of some of the posters. But even I wasnt born in '58, and never got to ride a bike with an engine till I think the early 70's on Farm Bikes, and maybe the late 70's (illegally here in rainy South Wales) as a teen, with a Yam FS1E and a Suzuki TS250. My earliest GP Racing memories really only go back to Roberts, Sheene, Crosby etc, while Merkel and Schwantz rode Superbikes and Hailwood was some old guy who came back to the TT and blew everyone away on a no hope Ducati twin. So nope, I dont qualify (yet) for the old farts club! Still a fossil compared to a lot of posters though for sure.

« 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  »