Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4098
Position in rating: 15

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 4:17 PM

MotoGP » VIDEO: Marc Marquez interview

@ HRC IMO you need to step back, and calm down. I'm not trying to get to you, but you are letting me get to you. I'm really not that interested in a personal spat (I had one with RSMick, and it was tedious). You post things... I respond if think there is a valid counter-argument. If you posted something I agreed with, I'd say so or just leave it (in fact I have agreed with a post of yours - or at least part of a post, can't recall now in the past). It seems to me that you're getting worked up and your responses are getting more and more aggressive in their delivery. My last reply was tongue-in-cheek, as I could see where it was going. Clearly you didn't see it that way. I'm really not bothered what your opinion is of me, or my posts, or what I think. The interest is in someone saying something that may actually make me think, and reconsider my argument. So far you haven't done that, but are getting stroppy instead . Why not do yourself a favour and lower your blood pressur

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 2:59 PM

MotoGP » VIDEO: Marc Marquez interview

Bait away all day HRC, bait away. I suggest some anti-indigestion tablets after lunch too. Stop with the 'proof' crud. You have no more chance of producing proof than I do. All we outsiders have (unless you work for Dorna or HRC that is) is what we can deduce from available 3rd party information and logical thought processes. Funnily enough, they often have to use that sort of thinking in police detective work, court cases, civil prosecutions and so much more. Its quite widespread and can be a useful tool - you ought to try it! You want me to be more sagacious? Thats ironic, given the tone of that last post haha! (sorry - wont be helping that indigestion of yours with that last remark!)

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 2:30 PM

MotoGP » Ducati 'not happy' with Factory 2 development

...... . Which is why I say they must be controlled and not consulted by a series Organiser. Cos it seems evident that Honda only respond to perceived weakness (such as consultation, cooperation or compromise) with even greater strength of demands, with freely issued threats of reparations if they don't get their own way. So...... they have to be met with equal strength - or they will overwhelm the series utterly. It has happened too much for too long already, and Dorna are trying too little too late to regain some ground from a weaker position that they themselves put themselves into. If they'd been strong from Day 1, then MotoGP would be a totally different animal (in my opinion, before a certain pedant weighs in with it haha!)

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 3:08 PM

MotoGP » Ducati 'not happy' with Factory 2 development

RFS131: I think the problem here might lie with the fact that there are many race "race fans" out there who only care about the name of the rider and the name of the bike. Come Monday I'm always amazed that half the "race fans" I know can't say what happened in moto2/3.
I agree with the 'brand fixation' and the strange desire a lot of fans seem to have to associate themselves and try to get reflected glory from it. "My Rider won Today" etc. WTF is THAT all about? Maybe I'm too old! I've also noted the same with M2/M3. It does not have the perceived kudos, so lots of so-called bike racing fans ignore them completely despite the much higher quality on offer. Seems people really will buy $h1t as long as it has the right 'label'. A sorry state of affairs IMO.

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 3:18 PM

MotoGP » Ducati 'not happy' with Factory 2 development

Valentino could be my best ally in 2014 to support my view that machinery should be levelled.... It can still happen that Yamaha find they cannot run Factory 20L and run with the HRC's to the flag at full noise (at least at some circuits). If that happens the heavier VR (& JL) will be eclipsed. And it won't take long before VR's fanbase realises that it is the technical rules that are inhibiting their hero's attempts to get those last victories of his career. I think only the determination to blame Ducati for not giving VR the tools for the job stopped the massed hordes from considering it was a failure to regulate for a level playing field effectively that helped keep VR in the doldrums for 2 whole seasons. If Factory Yamaha DO suffer... how long before there is a VR huge fanbase outcry that the regs in MotoGP are a sham and are ruining the Racing then? All of a sudden I could find my views get very popular (even if is for an individual rather than for an ideal)?

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 7:31 PM

MotoGP » Hayden: Open, Factory, Factory 2… it’s confusing

“There are a bit too many rules. I hope we can sort this out and make it good for everyone. Obviously Dorna - when everybody is using control ECUs - I hope that they can control better the regulations and make better racing" Nicky says it right there. MOTOGP needs better racing. NH recognising that Dorna need control of the electronics to be able to achieve that. Still a mess though, and with spec software, a rev limit and limited TC on the proposals but probably not for 3 years... well itll be too late probably for Nicky by then. Probably too late for me by thentoo, I'll be past caring by then

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 7:21 PM

MotoGP » Jerez II Moto2 test times - Wednesday

Seems Cortese is geeting to grips with a Moto2 better as well. Agree Sam Lowes has shown really well so far. Quite a few were saying that coming from WSS and besting Sofuoglu didnt man much and that Keenan didn't do much when he came. Looks like Lowes has adapted to the stiffer and more racebike hard edges of the M2 rather well. Moto2 is the class I tune in for on a GP weekend. This season I hope it more than makes up for the disappointment I expect when the expensive 1000s roll out later in the day.

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 3:35 PM

MotoGP » Jerez II Moto2 test times - Tuesday

Racemaster: For openers, I was one of the devout anti Moto2 folks when the series sprang to life! The raw simplicity of the 250’s made them seem so pure
The 250's were pure race bikes - gorgeous examples of minimalist but exquisite engineering in exotic alloys and carbon fibre. The jewels of racing - light, not too powerful, plenty fast and needed pure skill and bravery to exploit fully. A proper racing machine. But... the 'evil empire' in 250 was Aprilia instead of Honda. And they issued differentiation in kit and support widely just as Honda do in MGP, and had even more of the field on their bikes by far - nearly the whole grid sometimes. Properly regulated and kept fair the 250's would have always provided THE best racing to be had anywhere IMO.

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 5:58 PM

MotoGP » VIDEO: Marc Marquez interview

Its pretty hard to substantiate opinion. As then it would be fact though, right? All any of us do is say " because of this, this and that, which suggests this that and the other, and cos so and so reports this, or was quoted as sayjng that...... That I reckon it could mean.... and so on. At no point is anything concrete. We can only look at bits and trends, history, previous performance and actions... and draw a conclusion. Which then several people will instantly query, as they have arrived at a different conclusion (often due to their own viewpoint and often bias). I aleays ry to substantiate, but cannot prove. Like everyone. And so it goes. But isnt that what forums are about?

TalentFan

March 12, 2014 2:45 PM

MotoGP » Ducati 'not happy' with Factory 2 development

RSMick:
TalentFan: So far only RSMick has advocated something like that, when he said that MotoGP should be Factory teams only (to go with the tech free-for-all he supports).
Your at it again, where do I state that?
Actually Mick I think I owe you an apology for lumbering you with that one. Someone did present that to me in the last couple of days in a post reply on here - but it wasn't you.

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  »