Crash.Net User: TalentFan

Comments rating: 4134
Position in rating: 16

Show Comments on:

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 1:34 PM

WSBK » Scott Smart (WSBK Technical Director) Q&A

Smart by name and by nature. Intelligent ideas and plans as well as a good understanding of the issues. MotoGP isn't ready for the kinds of organiser control and regulation BSB style that it seems WSBK is. But then WSBK would be in dire straits and real crisis without a return to the values of completion and affordability. Maybe MotoGP would need to near implode as well before it would be forced to see sense. SS comments about what electronics and super high engine specs really do to stratify a series and exclude new teams from any hope of competing is something MotoGP should take careful note of, cos he is right. Smart looks to be a real asset to WSBK.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 1:47 PM

MotoGP » Bridgestone to quit as MotoGP tyre supplier

I'm an ideal world teams would not be permitted contracts with a supplier. It'd be an open market where any rider can choose any tyre from a recognised and controlled catalogue of compounds from any of the tyre Mfrs on the approved supplier list. That way a racer might choose a Pirelli at one track and a Dunlop at the next etc. The big problems would be policing, logistics and that the costs would be far too high for suppliers. So I think the open tyre market cannot work. I do wonder if having say 2 suppliers who produce fixed compounds for dry and wet could be used... Still with no specials and no team contracts so anyone could use either brand could work? I dare say cost would rule that out. So I can see why a single supplier offering a wider choice of compounds is appealing to Dorna. But it might not appeal to tyre suppliers - Bridgestone certainly know they don't want to.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 2:08 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

PorkPie: @ TalentFan Can you point me to a time when it wasn't the case, with one or two teams with the best package and the other 15 guys on lesser packages? Or was it ever thus...
True. Clearly you understand this. But does that make it right or acceptable? Add in the erosion of rider input with exclusive tech advantage and it renders the riders WC utterly meaningless. Yet.... You and so many continue to support your fave rider and discuss just how they are going to race and why X is better than Y.... When you know they all have different equipment levels to make reasonable comparison impossible. I am at least pretty consistent in my thinking, ****** EDIT by CRASH.NET: Removed poster attack. Please stop attacking the other posters. Like I said... If most fans accept that its a 2 horse race and happily support it anyhow... Then there's no incentive to make it better. It'll be the failure to get enough new mfrs and falli

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 2:19 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

... Then there's no incentive to make it better. It'll be the failure to get enough new mfrs and falling revenue that might force it one day (see WSBK Scott Smart Q&A). As it is MotoGP is just shiny carp. You know it yet openly support it - I don't get why. I am increasingly feeling you're right about one thing.... Why am I wasting my time pointing out to people who do not care... That they are being treated as saps and suckers? "It's ok, we can serve any old $h1t to these gullible punters - they are blinded by the glitz & bling and too stupid to see they are being conned" is what I imagine what the suits think of their MotoGP audience. They don't need to respect the needs of their market, as the market is happy to accept whatever it's sold. EDIT by CRASH.NET: Removed poster attack. Please stop attacking the other posters.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 2:31 PM

MotoGP » Bridgestone to quit as MotoGP tyre supplier

AussieNSW: @TalentFan "no specials for some that others can't have etc" you got it perfect mate, we don't want to go back to them days I hope Dorna have learned their lesson for ever allowing it to happen.
The thing is Aussie..., They may have eliminated special tyres (as far as we can tell - is the distribution of tyres to teams monitored an policed fairly?).... But the field is still made up of super- special, special, not-quite-as-special and really-just-a-stocker-in-a-posh-frock bikes. And you don't get many fans supporting any calls like mine to sort that ludicrous situation out. Pity you can't get BSB in Oz - I think you'd enjoy it!

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 1:04 PM

MotoGP » Bridgestone to quit as MotoGP tyre supplier

@ V4Poweeeer As you can guess, I'm pretty much only watching MotoGP now more to see the confirmation week by week of the mess it is. I had a glimmer of hope with the Open Class intro, but really it's changed nothing. So instead I look towards 2016, and hope that it won't be another false dawn. I'm all but done with MotoGP truth be told. No one likes being taken for a fool, let alone being complicit on them taking the p1$$ by staying on board. I'm choosing to go away this weekend with the missus and no telly and missing Jerez. I'll catch up when I get back on Monday for M2, M3, & will scan MGP, more to confirm its same as always more than anything else.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 11:48 AM

MotoGP » Bridgestone to quit as MotoGP tyre supplier

Yep. People know Elias was the last Non-Factory rider to get a win in '06. They don't know or ignore that Elias could only do it even then as he got a set of Specials that Pedrosa decided not to use so were going spare in that race. There's far too much manipulation going on in MotoGP for me & it's lost all credibility & me as a supporter. Seriously thinking of turning my back on MotoGP even though I don't really want to tbh.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 11:32 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

In closing though Realist..., I don't agree with your Moto2 reasoning. I have no wish to re-open an old can of worms, but there was clearly nothing 'even' about Marquezs package and support in M2. He had massed of testing, an exclusive chassis, huge budget, rules giving him a big weight advantage and more. Even on telly his big acceleration and speed advantage was obvious. When a slap had him start at the back? His bike was able to pass others on the straights like it was a 750! I don't expect you to agree. I look at things beyond face value. You are clearly a lot more trusting that you aren't being played.

TalentFan

May 01, 2014 11:24 AM

MotoGP » Marquez: Pedrosa, Lorenzo strong at Jerez

@ PorkPie & Realist. I'm afraid that I do see the inequality and the unfairness, & yes you're right that the near bertical nature of the laying field bugs me.. As does some if the inane posts praising one guy with everything in his corner and the slating another guy with no fair chance to prove his mettle. So I'm afraid I cannot join the happy people oohing over a 2 horse race. My posts have been in the vain hope that fans will demand better and not accept anything less than real racing. It's the only way you'll ever get it. Act dumb & happy and they'll keep serving you rubbish. But I recognise I'm flogging a dead horse. Mostly fans aren't principled about sport or care if it's unfair. So l will either post what I think and believe, or I shan't post. It's clear you prefer option 2. Enjoy your WWF soap opera, I cannot.

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  »