Crash.Net User: SasquatchBob

Comments rating: 425
Position in rating: 292

Show Comments on:

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 4:41 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

This is purely political and nothing to do with talent. He's had a few good races, that's all. Luckily for him they were at the start of the season giving him a head start in the championship. That lead is disappearing race by race though as the other riders build up momentum. I will be very surprised if he wins the championship. Lots of people seem to love him because he's a bit wacky and he does that goon riding thing. But that's only when he's winning. When things don't go his own way he's petulant and bad tempered. He's too young, immature and inexperienced for MotoGP at present.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 4:53 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

ProfessorX: you are right Bob, but that seems to be the way MotoGP is heading, just look at how many people Marquez has wiped out in his career and how stupid he gets when hes not on the fastest bike. It's kind of a joke. Hope Jack Miller doesn't end up getting played.
It's a good comparison, Marquez was reckless and sometimes outright dangerous in the lower classes. I was genuinely expecting him to wipe somebody out with one of his idiotic passes when he moved into MotoGP. However, he's done a good job of proving me wrong. He's been riding (for the most part anyway) in a very mature way over the last 2 seasons. Aggressive yes, dangerous no. I suppose Miller could be the same. I really can't see it though.

SasquatchBob

September 16, 2014 4:25 PM

MotoGP » Pedrosa admits 'it wasn't my best performance'

It might not have been his best performance but it's hard to criticise Dani's performance over his career. He can be a bit inconsistent but he's been unlucky not to take at least one championship in the top class. Just been looking at some stats and since he moved up from 250s he's been on the podium at 64% of the races he's started. Only Lorenzo and Marquez have a higher ratio in the modern era (70% and 87% respectively). That's also slightly more than Rossi at 62% (including the Ducati wilderness years) Impressive stuff. Plus, imagine how much better that figure would have been if he wasn't made of glass.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 11:51 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

A grid full of privateers essentially, yes? A grid full of teams without the budget or resources to develop cutting edge technology or provide anything other than modified production bikes. Possibly the odd Paul Bird or Marc Van Der Straten in there with large pockets. Still, the team with the biggest budget has an advantage. That sounds ace. In fact, it sounds exactly like club racing. Which already exists. Without the factories, their money and their R&D facilities, expertise etc we would still have bike racing (obviously) but it wouldn't be "the premier class". It would just be another race series. If anything, if you want a more level playing field (which you've said about 1000 times) MotoGP needs more factories, not less. So my point stands. Also, I made three points, you only addressed one.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 9:01 AM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

Good lord. Did you really get up and type all that at 6 o clock in the morning? Don't you have anything better to do than type a pointless essay to people who've heard it from you 1000 times before. Yes, I know MotoGP isn't a level playing field. I don't think it should be. It's a competition of engineering excellence, technology AND rider skill. Yes, Dorna promotes individual characters who are good at PR etc. It's a spectator sport. A high proportion of the audience follow the characters as much as the racing. You think MotoGP would be anywhere near as popular as it is without people like Rossi. Without fans watching, there is no MotoGP. Yes, I know the manufacturers have a big say in what happens. There has to be some compromise though. If they don't get concessions, the series becomes worthless to them and they pull out. Without them, there's no MotoGP.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 12:32 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

TalentFan:
it sounds exactly like club racing
. No it doesn't. This is GP's with the very best racers, on the very best international circuits, with much, MUCH better kit and budgets. It is certainly possible to have a great Racing Series.
Ok, not club racing. More like superstock or supersports then? And if technology is replacing rider skill, why did Valentino Rossi change his riding style to put more weight over the front wheel to get better drive, rather than relying on the electronics feathering the throttle for him? Why not just rely on his bike's onboard brain and just hold on tight? After reading through your posts, at length, something strikes me. You appear to come up with a theory or a concept and then accept it as solid fact and nothing will shift your opinion because, to you it's absolutely empirical fact. My youngest daughter does the exact same thing.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 12:40 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

TalentFan: The ONLY way to introduce Racing back into MotoGP is to remove the use of electronic data & solutions.
I forgot, you don't actually watch the Grands Prix do you? I do, and to be fair I've seen some amazing racing this year. Anyway. I have work to do, and need to go. I can't spent all day on here. (this isn't an admission of defeat by the way, I enjoy a good, lively debate. I really am too busy to continue)

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 12:38 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

TalentFan: Q. Do you REALLY think that Suzuki or Aprilia are going to be competitive? (that is, without significant changes to the rules to give them more opportunity).
Probably not Aprilia at this stage to be fair. But who knows in the future. But why can't Suzuki be successful? It's not like they haven't been competitive in Grand Prix racing in the past. They won a world championship not that long ago. The ECU changes will benefit them for sure, but there's still no reason to suspect they can't be competitive if they invest the resources. Let's not forget that when they join the series, both factories will have a say, much as Honda, Yamaha and Ducati do now. Again, you're speculating and dressing it up as fact. I don't know how well Suzuki or Aprilia (or Ducati even) will do next year, or the year after. I can only guess. As can you.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 12:06 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP weight changes, software freeze

TalentFan: If we put what you say bluntly in translation SasquatchBob its this.... We should let Mfrs exploit Grand Prix fully.
Erm... no. That isn't remotely what I said. The manufacturers shouldn't run the series, or dictate everything that happens. They should however have a significant say in the technical rules. After all, they invest massive amounts of money into developing the technology for a reason. I you remove that reason, they go. Simple as that. The playing field which is so unlevel (is that a real word?) as you keep saying, becomes more level with more factories getting a say in those technical rules. You get more factories by allowing them to contribute. It's a fine balance. I'm not saying Dorna have that balance exactly right, but it seems to be getting much better. Hence 5 manufacturers next year.

SasquatchBob

September 17, 2014 9:04 AM

MotoGP » Pedrosa admits 'it wasn't my best performance'

Horsemen46: I really like post-Puig Pedrosa, he's been smiling and showing comradery with the other riders. His talent is unquestionable so don't drop in on the sport and say that. If you've watched 5-10 years of it you'll know his timing came at a surge of uprising talent. Timing...
He's a completely different person now. In public at least. Long gone is the serious faced, sulky kid. He actually seems to enjoy racing now, and like you say smiling and getting on with other riders. It could be simply his PR machine (like Lorenzo's change of personality clearly was) but I suspect he's just happier and more relaxed now.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »