Crash.Net User: Tetley

Comments rating: 2116
Position in rating: 39

Show Comments on:

Tetley

July 03, 2014 12:46 PM

RR » BMW star Dunlop eyes more Ulster Grand Prix glory

Yesterday I rode to Barton Bike Night- me and about 10,000 other bikers. It was thronged. Leaflets and social media have been promoting BBN for months and advertising that Michael Dunlop and John McGuiness would be there. McPint was prominent, being interviewed over the PA, signing his book, signing auto graphs- his wrist is recovering well, but slowly- he says it's his age- and chatting to anyone who spoke to him - including 5 year-olds. He’s a great ambassador for the Sport. Kiyo was also there, chatting, posing for photos, being sociable with everyone who wanted to say "hello" and shake his hand. Pleasant, sincere man. Hickman was there too, and Johnson, and Westmoreland and probably others I didn't spot. Michael Dunlop was NOT there. The unhappy boss on the Buildbase BMW stand told me he hadn't seen MD and hadn't even heard from him. Mickey D needs to be VERY careful who he snubs and upsets or he may soon find top rides difficult to find. He’s already alienated Tuxworth

Tetley

July 04, 2014 1:41 PM

RR » BMW star Dunlop eyes more Ulster Grand Prix glory

frontbrake: Very suprised that Michael was not on the Builtbase Stand. If he new he had this commitment and did not turn up I consider this to Be very bad PR and even more considering what BMW have done for Him over the last six weeks. Better get that PR act together.
My thoughts exactly. Mickey D's attendance had been advertised for a couple of months. The staff on the Buildbase BMW stand were all wearing stern faces and seemed very embarrassed by MD's absence. He had clearly let them down, in addition to letting down the Bike Night Organisers and all the visitors who were looking forward to seeing him. Amazingly, my post has had some "disagrees", despite my comments being factual and based on first-hand experience. Were the disagree-ers there- and did they see MD? I don't think so.

Tetley

July 07, 2014 10:19 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

Realist: At the end of the day though, poles and starting position doesn't matter. What matters is the end-of-the-season tally/position.
True mate, the end-of-season tally is important, especially to the teams' n1 riders, but for a n2 rider it doesn't matter so much. A n2 rider isn't there to win, he's there to support the n1 rider and keep the sponsors name in the spotlight (although some n2 riders don't see it that way). Also, poles and front row starts benefit the team as they have the effect of moving the other competitors backwards on the grid. Having your n2 on the front row can be a great advantage in delaying other riders, and helping the n1 rider by protecting him from attack. Also, Yam have previously experienced the problems of having 2 top riders in their team and without looking for stats I'd say that Yam's best years have been when they had a clear n1 and a clear n2 rider. That's why I reckon Cal would be good as Vale's n2.

Tetley

July 07, 2014 12:44 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

OK, you’ve had your fun about me saying that Cal’s 2013 results with T3 overshadowed Dovi’s T3 results of 2012, but here’s some stats Dovi 2012 average start position 5.94 Cal’s 2013 average start position 4.06 . Cal almost 2 places ahead. Dovi’s 2012 average finishing position 5.39 Cal’s 2013 average finishing position 5.56 . Nothing in it. Dovi’s 2012 Pole positions Zero Cal’s 2013 Pole positions 2. Cal 2 poles ahead. I enjoyed watching Cal qualify and race more than I did Dovi. I admire Dovi’s riding but Cal gives better value for excitement which, importantly, means more screen time for the team and the sponsors. I still believe Cal would be a great n2 for Vale, a la Hayden and Edwards. Cal and Vale are mates. Cal would have his dream factory M1. Cal got poles on the satellite T3 M1 so he’d be fast on a Works Yam. Cal isn’t and wouldn’t be afraid to stick his neck out in fighting to upset Vale’s rivals. And he’d give what the sponsors want more than anything. Screentime. QED

Tetley

July 03, 2014 8:58 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

Codger: Tetley "And with Crutchlow's history of successes on the Tech 3 M1, he could be the perfect number 2 to Vale, so a Cal and JLo swap isn't out of the question." Crutchlow ? Don't you mean Dovi ?
I see where you're coming from, Codger, but in terms of the T3 M1 I think that Cal's 2013 achievements outweigh Dovi's 2012 results. True, Dovi is more successful on this year's Ducati, but he has a year's more experience on it than Cal has. Also, I have a feeling in my water that Dovi's 2015 is already sealed. Cal, on the other hand would jump at the opportunity to be in a works team on a bike that he knows well, following in the footsteps of Hayden and Edwards.

Tetley

July 03, 2014 1:12 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

SkyWilk: Yamaha must be in real need to sell some t-shirts. The man sure is capitalizing on Lorenzo's bad form, but he is no match to Marquez, unlike Lorenzo, so why not just bring Pol, or another young hot shot to the factory squad?...
Only a short while ago JLo pulled a great podium out of the bag. His fans on every continent could be heard shouting " He's back". At the time I posted that we wouldn't knowif it was just a flash in the pan until a few more races had been run. Sadly, my uncertainties have been proved correct. The situation now is that JLo certainly won't want to be Yamaha's number 2 rider and probably won't find a seat in the Honda Factory team, so I expect he'll be contemplating a gamble on Ducati. And with Crutchlow's history of successes on the Tech 3 M1, he could be the perfect number 2 to Vale, so a Cal and JLo swap isn't out of the question.

Tetley

July 03, 2014 2:02 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

jorgebest: atleast i am going to buy the motorcycles which he is going to promote
Purely with the aim of creating envy, I have sat on the actual R1 which Yam gave VR to use while he was living in London. AND i was shown the logbook for the bike with VR46's name as first and only keeper. And I have a photo of me on that bike. My bum has never been so honoured.

Tetley

July 03, 2014 1:27 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Yamaha confirm two-year deal

alol: Rossi should have been given a Satelite bike. Sure he's getting better results at the moment, Although that's probably more down to Jorge and Dani's erratic form at present. Yamaha , Due to Jorges current struggles have bought into it. Wrongly imho
You are absolutely right that VR46 is getting a raft of good results this season and usually beating JLo and Dani. I think your logic is flawed when you post that for those reasons VR46 should be demoted to a satellite bike.

Tetley

July 01, 2014 1:48 PM

MotoGP » Dall'Igna: New engine ‘first step’ for 2015 Ducati

OR- and this could be favourite- Gigi might just be mis-informing to keep everyone guessing. One thing is certain- Gigi will be thinking laterally and logically and will not be restrained by current conventions. Audi will be receptive to new thinking. Ducati's traditional market signatures were trellis frame ( now ditched for MotoGP), Vee 2 configuration (now ditched for MotoGP)- how long will it be before Desmo valves and a 90 degree engine are superceded by developments? Under Audi it could happen. BTW, some of my suggestions in my previous posting were for amusement only. Hee-hee.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »