Crash.Net User: Tetley

Comments rating: 2742
Position in rating: 40

Show Comments on:

Tetley

December 08, 2014 3:44 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Post them up, we will compare accomplishments on the world stage. Maccau ,IOM etc are fun to watch, and the riders have brass cajones, BUT lets not kid ourselves, the best riders in the world dont have to play in the death races to scratch out a living on a motorbike. Oh, and if we are discounting Australians, scratch Bayliss from the list of talent that BSB produced.
No. Do your own research. Nobody said Bayliss was a BSB graduate. I'm not going to be goaded into a tit-for-tat like we have seen here in recent times. I've made my points where I see you are wrong or ill-informed. You've moved the goalposts to divert from your initial biased statement i.e. AMA was the best series on the planet. Be satisfied. Leave it at that. Move on. That's what I'm doing. Resistance is futile ( Vogon voice ).

Tetley

December 07, 2014 8:24 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Tetley your comment was "stupidest" when you say it attracts intern’l riders and Aus with Japan being nearer. most are failed int'l riders,
Kiyonari, Morais, Richards, McConnell, Brookes, Jacobsen, Guintoli, Baz all came from their own National series to BSB. None were “failures” when they came. Japan is nearer home for four of them. Bridewell? He’s a rising star and an exciting rider IMHO.
Palmer is no diff to Dorna about money e.g. placing Haga in a team that didn't really want him), do you think MSV would stay with Eurosport if BT offered £8m a year?
That's all irrelevant to this debate. Palmer has improved the tracks. The racing is fast, close and sporting irrespective of who broadcasts it.
Look at the Italian and Jap championships
Neither excite me. Look at the entry list for Macau- thronged with Brit riders (all recent winners are Brits) and it is on Japan and Aus’s doorstep.

Tetley

December 07, 2014 3:54 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

RSMick: Tetley your my hero, how do you deduce I'm having a stress attack?,
Now that is a far more considered response, with a bit of wit included. I can tell you're a bit off-kilter when I post "It has certainly improved since Palmer's lot took over, but even back in the days of Hizzy, Plater, and Reynolds it was a super series to watch." and you reply " That's the most stupid posting etc-" or words to that effect. However, it's off-season, and we're all needing rehab for "no racing" withdrawal symptoms. ( Smiley Face ).

Tetley

December 08, 2014 11:04 AM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Brain: No, when this conversation started, i said "AMA Superbike was head and shoulders the best National series on the planet "
That was the statement I disagreed with. THEN in a later post you moved the goalposts to
I said i judged a series worth with the talent it produces or produced. How is that changing the topic..
In your first posting you were talking about the AMA's status on the world scene. In your subsequent posting you changed the topic to comparing riders. Q.E.D. And you continue so to do in your latest posting
There is no comparison in the talent that has come out of BSB compared to the AMA.
You are side-stepping the fact that the AMA series was tediously dominated for year after year by Matt Mladin, an AUSTRALIAN ! You don't know much about BSB or the many WSS and WSBK, World Endurance, Macau and TT champions who started there, do you? So please don’t diss what you don’t know.

Tetley

December 07, 2014 3:31 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Brain:
Tetley:
Nope ! I'm not taking the bait. I stated my opinion. And yours is bolleaux. I can't say fairer than that.
I dont blame you for not taking the bait, then you are hooked with nowhere to go. I dont need a hook for this one , it s like catching fish with your hands. I will start with 2, if you can match them i will give you more- Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey
Unarguably both great riders and great achievers, as were Schwantz and Mamola and others. But when you started this conversation your topic was "the AMA series, the best on the planet" not a listing of great riders. Sorry, but changing the topic is a sign of losing the initial debate.

Tetley

December 06, 2014 11:06 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Brain: They are both terrible now, BSB is a retirement home on wheels,and the AMA might as well not exist but like i said, in the past. the AMA Superbike series was second to none. I dont blame you for not wanting to compare the talent that each series has produced, there is no comparison..

Tetley

December 06, 2014 9:02 PM

MotoGP » 2016 MotoGP ECU to be ‘equal, easy, safe’

Brain:
Tetley:
Brain:
What utter ruddy bolleaux ! That's a typical comment from stereotypical American who, like the majority of their compatriots, narrow-mindedly thinks the "planet" ends at the USA coastline. They also don't know how to spell or say "aluminium" and the car which most americans think is the best in the world is considered by the rest of the world to be a gas-guzzling floaty barge that handles like a rhinoceros on a wet clay slope. It is acknowledged world-wide by international riders, international team management and the international media that BSB has for decades been the world's best National Superbike series. .
Not sure what you use as a barometer to gauge a series, but mine is talent. if you want to compare talent over the history of theses series, i will be more than happy to .
Nah, as the lack of spectators proves, AMA is boring.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »