Crash.Net User: Tetley

Comments rating: 2157
Position in rating: 39

Show Comments on:

Tetley

June 03, 2014 12:34 PM

MotoGP » Another 16th for ‘top CRT’ Laverty

Michael Laverty is getting excellent results on a home-made chassis in a team run by a chicken farmer. I can't remember the last time he was last on the grid after qualifying. I can't remember the last time he finished last in the race. I can't remember the last time he fell off and failed to finish the race. He is in a truly private team with a fraction of the resources of other competitors. Say what you like about Birdy, but his small team is racing in the Blue Riband Class and getting genuine results far better than anyone could reasonably have expected.

Tetley

June 09, 2014 2:05 PM

WSBK » Sykes: Baz proved a lot of people right at my expense…

JedPB67: I race sidecars, so I know all about team work.
You have my admiration for racing sidecars. They are awesome pieces of equipment which somehow overcome the limitations of the worst possible wheel configuration. They simply wouldn't last a lap without team work. On the IoM, the sidecars are especially breathtaking. Mollineux is exceptional. I was on the IoM the year that Webster/Hewitt cut a leftie too close in sidecar race 1 and Hewitt suffered a badly gashed arm. I recall that before race 2, Hewitt broke his stitches to give him more movement. They won both races. However, there is rarely more than one sidecar outfit in a team, so the teamwork is concentrated on the one pairing, which is quite different to solo racing where two sides of a pitbox compete against each other. I'd add that sidecar competitors are, by definition, loonies and we therefore have to be wary of their mental health and logic. Smiley face.

Tetley

June 07, 2014 4:08 PM

RR » TT2014: Dunlop reigns supreme in Senior showdown

theeagle: Hope he has a decent pay cheque courtesy of BMW. They certainly can afford it although I know they race purely for the love of it rather than money.
BMW have a huge competition budget across many classes of motorsport, so I'm sure he'll get a handsome cheque, including a sizeable bonus for winning. Twice. I wouldn't be surprised if he's driving an M5 now, courtesy of BMW. The questions I'd like answered are "How long is his BMW contract ?" and "Will we see him riding for BMW in other competitions ? "

Tetley

June 06, 2014 3:44 PM

RR » TT2014: Dunlop reigns supreme in Senior showdown

I listened to the whole race on internet Manx Radio and was pleased to hear Michael's comments in the winners enclosure when he said his prime concern was for his brother and that the media was to blame for the rumours of a feud between them. IIRC, his exact words were "He's my brother, I don't give a shik about anything else". Or maybe he didn't say "shik" ? Roll on TT2015, although with Guy Martin competing at Pike's Peak this year we won't be without excitement.

Tetley

June 03, 2014 5:18 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

MotoMarc: Tetley I'd add to your dream showdown scenario that the three need to be on the same bike with similar tires. My guess is they'd be much closer than any race we've seen and possibly a photo finish. If they shut the electronic aids off Rossi would destroy them both.
Yes, that would work, too. But I think I would rather see them on their existing bikes which they have set up to their own preferences as that takes into account their set-up and tyre selection skills. VR and JLo are on the same bike anyway. Oh, if only it could be arranged. But then what would we talk about?

Tetley

June 04, 2014 3:38 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

Arxhtektov:
Tetley:
Arxhtektov: Sounds like yellow fanboy apologist time here. . Check the MotoGP.com website for the data.
You destroy your own arguement by needing to employ name-calling to support it. The name-calling identifies you as an extreme VR hater with a biased and therefore irrelevant viewpoint. EDIT by CRASH.NET: Not to mention name calling gets the post deleted.
How the heck is calling someone a "fanboy", "name-calling"? How am I an extreme VR hater? I think he's a great rider. You however seem to be blinded by your "enthusiasm". Your post should also be removed as you are a castigator. Your web-site is slowly becoming irrelevant with it's arbitrary censorship.
You can see from Crash's edit that If you don't consider " Yellow Fanboy apologist" as name-calling then your sensibilities need re-alignment to acceptable levels and limits, so I suggest you avoid futile indignation.

Tetley

June 03, 2014 12:02 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

Tetley

June 03, 2014 5:37 PM

RR » TT2014: Jubilant Johnson wins Supersport thriller

I listened to the Supersport 2 race live on Manx Radio today. They are giving terrific coverage. Mickey D took a comfortable win, but Gary took a tumble and was airlifted to hospital with suspected fractures. Nothing serious, i hope. Racers at the TT are incredibly tough. I was there one year when during the Sidecar 1 race Webster's passenger, Hewitt, gashed his left elbow on something at the trackside. Two days later, just before Sidecar race 2, it was revealed that Hewitt had just broken his stitches to allow him more movement in the race. If I recall correctly- they won. Of such are legends made.

Tetley

June 02, 2014 10:43 PM

RR » TT2014: Rider killed after incident in Supersport race

Sad news. But at 65 years Bob was almost certainly faster and safer than most of us posters. It isn't just older riders who are claimed by the TT Mountain Course. Many younger, fitter men have suffered the same fate. So age alone cannot be the reason. Bob's vast experience probably made him safer than the newbie, head-down, arce-up hot-shots who think they are the fastest riders on the planet and rely on their certainty that "It'll never happen to me.".

« 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  »