Crash.Net User: Tetley

Comments rating: 2009
Position in rating: 36

Show Comments on:

Tetley

June 09, 2014 2:45 PM

WSBK » Giugliano: It’s not the first time Baz has done this…

grantrd: Is this guy for real?!?!? You would swear baz killed someone with the way they are carrying on.... Giuliagno is always out of control , crashing and getting in others way..... Get of your high horse
Killed someone? Ok, he didn't, but it was only sheer luck that Sykes and Lowes were not seriously injured or worse. I'll bet you get upset when someone does something dangerous and stupid and gets in your way and delays you- even if you are only riding to work or to the shops. We all do.

Tetley

June 09, 2014 2:27 PM

WSBK » Sykes: Baz proved a lot of people right at my expense…

I like Baz. He is young, fast and has real potential. BUT Riders are employed by a Team. They are paid to bring success to the Team. Baz, on the other hand, is careless and impetuous and does not serve the Team well by eliminating and injuring the Team’s other rider. It was only luck that saw Sykes (and Lowes) escape SERIOUS INJURY. In this incident, the on-bike camera shows that Lowes had to swerve away when Baz carved through and it was inevitable that Baz would not complete the turn. Baz’s combination of inexperience and red mist is dangerous to all other riders. As for Sykes, when asked for comment while suffering pain having sustained an injury through no fault of his own, of course he is justified in criticising his assailant. Baz deserved it, in fact he deserved more. A warning and/or penalty from Race Direction would have been justified for careless riding which endangered others. OK, race your team-mate, but act sensibly and carefully towards them when you are close.

Tetley

June 09, 2014 2:05 PM

WSBK » Sykes: Baz proved a lot of people right at my expense…

JedPB67: I race sidecars, so I know all about team work.
You have my admiration for racing sidecars. They are awesome pieces of equipment which somehow overcome the limitations of the worst possible wheel configuration. They simply wouldn't last a lap without team work. On the IoM, the sidecars are especially breathtaking. Mollineux is exceptional. I was on the IoM the year that Webster/Hewitt cut a leftie too close in sidecar race 1 and Hewitt suffered a badly gashed arm. I recall that before race 2, Hewitt broke his stitches to give him more movement. They won both races. However, there is rarely more than one sidecar outfit in a team, so the teamwork is concentrated on the one pairing, which is quite different to solo racing where two sides of a pitbox compete against each other. I'd add that sidecar competitors are, by definition, loonies and we therefore have to be wary of their mental health and logic. Smiley face.

Tetley

June 07, 2014 4:08 PM

RR » TT2014: Dunlop reigns supreme in Senior showdown

theeagle: Hope he has a decent pay cheque courtesy of BMW. They certainly can afford it although I know they race purely for the love of it rather than money.
BMW have a huge competition budget across many classes of motorsport, so I'm sure he'll get a handsome cheque, including a sizeable bonus for winning. Twice. I wouldn't be surprised if he's driving an M5 now, courtesy of BMW. The questions I'd like answered are "How long is his BMW contract ?" and "Will we see him riding for BMW in other competitions ? "

Tetley

June 06, 2014 3:44 PM

RR » TT2014: Dunlop reigns supreme in Senior showdown

I listened to the whole race on internet Manx Radio and was pleased to hear Michael's comments in the winners enclosure when he said his prime concern was for his brother and that the media was to blame for the rumours of a feud between them. IIRC, his exact words were "He's my brother, I don't give a shik about anything else". Or maybe he didn't say "shik" ? Roll on TT2015, although with Guy Martin competing at Pike's Peak this year we won't be without excitement.

Tetley

June 03, 2014 5:18 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

MotoMarc: Tetley I'd add to your dream showdown scenario that the three need to be on the same bike with similar tires. My guess is they'd be much closer than any race we've seen and possibly a photo finish. If they shut the electronic aids off Rossi would destroy them both.
Yes, that would work, too. But I think I would rather see them on their existing bikes which they have set up to their own preferences as that takes into account their set-up and tyre selection skills. VR and JLo are on the same bike anyway. Oh, if only it could be arranged. But then what would we talk about?

Tetley

June 04, 2014 3:38 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

Arxhtektov:
Tetley:
Arxhtektov: Sounds like yellow fanboy apologist time here. . Check the MotoGP.com website for the data.
You destroy your own arguement by needing to employ name-calling to support it. The name-calling identifies you as an extreme VR hater with a biased and therefore irrelevant viewpoint. EDIT by CRASH.NET: Not to mention name calling gets the post deleted.
How the heck is calling someone a "fanboy", "name-calling"? How am I an extreme VR hater? I think he's a great rider. You however seem to be blinded by your "enthusiasm". Your post should also be removed as you are a castigator. Your web-site is slowly becoming irrelevant with it's arbitrary censorship.
You can see from Crash's edit that If you don't consider " Yellow Fanboy apologist" as name-calling then your sensibilities need re-alignment to acceptable levels and limits, so I suggest you avoid futile indignation.

Tetley

June 03, 2014 5:37 PM

RR » TT2014: Jubilant Johnson wins Supersport thriller

I listened to the Supersport 2 race live on Manx Radio today. They are giving terrific coverage. Mickey D took a comfortable win, but Gary took a tumble and was airlifted to hospital with suspected fractures. Nothing serious, i hope. Racers at the TT are incredibly tough. I was there one year when during the Sidecar 1 race Webster's passenger, Hewitt, gashed his left elbow on something at the trackside. Two days later, just before Sidecar race 2, it was revealed that Hewitt had just broken his stitches to allow him more movement in the race. If I recall correctly- they won. Of such are legends made.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »