Crash.Net User: Grendlehop

Comments rating: 742
Position in rating: 184

Show Comments on:

Grendlehop

September 08, 2013 2:39 AM

MotoGP » Hayden to test new spec Ducati after Misano

I believe it's within Bridgestones capabilities to provide more specific manufacturer spec tires. I'm not expecting Dorna to allow B-Stone to make a special tire for just Ducati, but for each of the factories. There have been special dispensations in the past for manufacturers who hadn't had a win in dry conditions in the past, ie Suzuki engine allocations. Either this can be made to happen, or bring back the tire wars. These bike manufacturers spend millions on super high-tech gadgetry, only to be hobbled by rubber doughnuts.

Grendlehop

September 03, 2013 7:24 PM

MotoGP » Hayden to test new spec Ducati after Misano

The single tire manufacturer rule needs to go bye-bye ASAP. With the money being invested in electronics, seamless transmissions, pneumatic valve trains & etc., there's no excuse to continue on in this manner, siting expenditures as the primary motivation. Competition between tire manufacturers was once, and should be again, highly beneficial to both the racing teams, as well as us, the consumer. It's plain to see that the control B-Stones spelled the end for the Desmo. C'mon Dorna!!!

Grendlehop

August 29, 2013 10:34 PM

MotoGP » Redding officially confirmed at Gresini Honda

I think it's a little amusing how HRC is going to be selling customer machinery without pneumatic valves, when Aprilia are supposedly coming out with the very set-up for their machine. Also, with more engines, fuel and the option for softer rubber, as the CRTs are currently able to run, the non-factory riders of any make should be worried about this new breed on the grid!

Grendlehop

August 29, 2013 10:03 PM

MotoGP » Redding officially confirmed at Gresini Honda

Best wishes to Scott. He's a brave kid. I'm not criticizing his choice to ride the Honda PR in the least. He's signed a 2 year deal, which in my mind is a smart move. Nobody will have too high expectations of him for 2014 which will let him focus on developing the machine. I do expect the Honda PR to be able to mix it up with factory Ducati boys. I'm anxious to see how the Forward Racing Team machinery stacks up against the non-factory Honda's & M1's. Next year is going to be epic!

Grendlehop

August 27, 2013 10:20 PM

MotoGP » Marquez aiming to carry momentum to Silverstone

McGrath2Showtime I just look to Moto2 & Moto3 as examples of how exciting racing can be when machinery is matched, albeit at the very heart of the machinery (engines/Moto2) and (engine layout/Moto3). I've been a little bit of a slacker as far as catching the support class races, and after watching the Moto3 race from Brno, I'm going to go back and watch the ones I've neglected to see. Also, you're totally right in that it's up to the manufacturers to put in the work and to fight for the prize.

Grendlehop

August 27, 2013 9:38 PM

MotoGP » Marquez aiming to carry momentum to Silverstone

For the life of me, I can't understand why so many desire complete domination of a series by a single manufacturer. I can see the factories themselves wanting this, but when performance disparity becomes too great, the "racing" suffers. I know folks blame Ezzie for wanting to make a good show of it, but he does want the series to be exciting. Both for the revenues, as well as the fans who like non-processional meets. We all should be rooting for Ducati and Yamaha right now. I'll give MM his due as well. He's definitely the real deal, RC or not!

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »