Crash.Net User: Grendlehop

Comments rating: 684
Position in rating: 181

Show Comments on:

Grendlehop

April 27, 2013 1:14 PM

MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: CRT tyre debut 'overwhelmingly positive'

Thanks Coffee. The article also mentioned the possibility of the inclusion of a chassis. With an M1 engine and a decent chassis, these bikes may prove to be more capable than the budget-based engine in the HRC Production Racer, no? At any rate, next season looks to be as exciting as this years, given riders like Pol & Redding may be here! I wonder what will happen with Nicky next year.

Grendlehop

April 27, 2013 5:58 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Everything came together for Marquez

Lorenzo is prob the smartest rider in the field. Knowing when to push & when to know your betters is crucial over a long season. People tend to remember Championship Winners before than they can recall each individual race result. Nicky, for example, may have only ever won a few races, but he's got one thing that multi-race winner Dani hasn't got BTW, I would like nothing more than to see him do it!!

Grendlehop

April 26, 2013 8:34 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Everything came together for Marquez

Jorge is so mentally strong, that being his edge over his fellow countrymen. I love Vale, but the youth & skill of his 3 Spanish counterparts will be very hard to deal with. Him being 14 years Marc's senior. He should not be at all ashamed of finishing behind him or Jorge. His bare minimum should be 4th. Anything less should be considered failure.

Grendlehop

April 26, 2013 4:13 AM

MotoGP » Ben Spies to miss Spanish MotoGP

I think he may miss racing back home in the USA. He's clearly stated he doesn't enjoy flying, preferring to travel by RV. Sure, the $ in GP is much greater, but I think he'd do ok back here as well. I don't know for sure, but I've heard European SBK doesn't pay unless your at the tip-top & the AMA can be profitable for the little guy even. I miss watchin the AMA with Matt, Ben, Miguel, E-Boz & B-Boz, the Haydens and Yates, even though Aaron scuttled the championship for Eric @ Laguna many years ago. Ahhh, Memories!!

Grendlehop

April 26, 2013 3:56 AM

MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: CRT tyre debut 'overwhelmingly positive'

With Yamaha supplying engines, Honda introducing their Production Racer and Suzuki poised for a return, will there really be CRTs? It's doubtful anyone will be able to "claim" an M1 engine. I hope this all comes to pass. CRT was a nice experiment for Esp & RDP, but the others performed much farther from the prototypes. Aprilia should up it a bit & try to be there FOR REAL when Suzi comes back. 4 prototypes per manufacturer, including Aprilia and Suzi would equal 20 bikes. Add 4 HRC Prod. Racers & 2 Yamaha M1 engine leases would bring the field up to 26!!! One can dream I suppose.

Grendlehop

April 24, 2013 3:19 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Everything came together for Marquez

I like Vale for his youthful exuberance and hunger, even after all these years. Jorge for his raw ability. consistency and focus. Dani is prob the most well mannered in the paddock with hardly a complaint from him. He just gets up dust himself off & gets on with it. Marc seems like he's got a little bit of all of these traits, which could make him the perfect racer. Only time will tell.

Grendlehop

April 24, 2013 1:58 AM

MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Espargaro keeps satellite duo at bay

With Smith's concrete contract in place at the end of last year, there was no chance of Esp on a Monster M1. I wonder if he was approached by Ducati for one of the Pramac rides, and if so, did he turn down the chance? He should be on a prototype by whatever means next season. A Suzuki Factory ride seems like a good option, that or the M1 engine lease. I'd wager the Suzi will be a little more competitive than either the HRC Production Racer or an M1 engine lease bike tho. At the very least as good as the Duc.

Grendlehop

April 24, 2013 1:47 AM

MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Marquez plays down debut title chances

I'm a Rossi fan. Been one since the beginning. I also appreciated Casey for his abilities in utterly destroying the field by putting in such amazing early laps. Marc is however on a entirely different and higher level. It's so obvious, in both Jorge and Dani's demeanor, that they are indeed quite worried about Marc. I'll be honest and admit that Vale isn't their first concern. Marc has won everything available to him, just like Vale, but is so young. Jorge may become the newer version of Pedrosa, always being very close to the title, and Dani's years as a factory HRC rider it seems are numbered. I'm also expecting Vale to be looking at Superbike in '15. Any way you look at it, we've got some exciting race seasons to look forward to & I hope Vale keeps the title race interesting next round!! I know he'll be looking for redemption.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »