Crash.Net User: domski23

Comments rating: 35
Position in rating: 1569

Show Comments on:

domski23

July 15, 2012 6:40 PM

MotoGP » Stoner rues costly mistake, apologises to Bautista

Bautista apologised to Lorenzo at Assen? Zarcho apologised to Pol Espargaro yesterday - But it didn't help them very much did it?! Can we expect Casey to get a 15 place penalty in USA, or must Bautista fall off in order to qualify as an 'illegal maneouvre' - something I'd never heard of in 30 years as a race fan until last year at Le Mans (Simoncelli) and the second time today (Pirro), I can only conclude that it's a special rule for Gresini riders - Evidently Stoner (who also ran into Petrucci on Sarurday) and his replacement Marc Marquez (Qatar on Luhti and Catalunya on Espargaro) are not covered by the illegal maneouvre rule. At least Race Control are consistent with one rule! Looks to me as though Bautista (Mugello) and Luhti (Qatar) must fall off in order for their dangerous opponent to receive a penalty - as per Lorenzo (Assen) and Espargaro (Mugello). Not forgetting the Repsol rider rule of course, money talks!

domski23

April 10, 2012 7:22 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

I'm not entirely with you on the weaving to suss out grip during a warm-up lap. But I can't speak for every racer and clearly they're not all intelligent. I would argue that travelling at racing speed or near to it, is the only accurate way to measure grip levels. I can't remember the last GP to feature a traffic cone slalom, which so many riders insist on practicing for. That's the day the rider with the hottest tyres is going to look stupid I guess. Incidently half of the stuff I wrote (using an iPhone) is missing off my posts (you lucky people) not that half the story ever led to anything bad.

domski23

April 10, 2012 2:18 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

which I have been unfortunate to see - yet the organisers clearly couldn't care less and are quite happy to continue sweeping these *****s into the ashtray of a waiting ambulance. It's WARM UP LAP, supposedly at race pace for the purposes of warming everything up - not for poncing about like a **** head and waving to the crowd. It still goes on in qualifying too, how scary was it watching Luthi and Redding going full bore only to meet by 6-7 World championship grand prix riders scattered randomly all over the place at less than half of race pace, they don't even keep to one side and out the way. It truly leaves me speachless - hard to imagine I know. Thing is kids see it on TV and then they replicate it when they race, like the leg dangling nonsense, noboby can tell you what benefit it gives but everyone now has to ride about and take their feet off the controls - surely that is less safe?

domski23

April 10, 2012 2:15 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

I think you're 100% on the money there blurbb54. It makes me angry when rider cut back across in front of another rider, and weaving on warm up laps - scientifically proven to cool tyres down as bike tyres simply roll over the tarmac due to the curvred shape - whereas car tyres are flat and they scrub across the tarmac and thus generate heat - yet nobody (and I mean the FIM) seems to give a toss about this and the dangers of 30 bikes swooping unpredictably backwards and forwards. And when did the warm up lap become a shambolic parade, half the grid at full speed whilst spread across the entire width of the race track are the other 50% who have a hand in the air, both feet dragging on the tarmac whilst it appears to be compulsary to look only behind you - presumably so you can see the fear in someone's eyes as they attempt to park themselves and a motorcycle inside your exhaust pipe, assisted by 100mph of excess speed. I've lost count of the thoroughly terrifying accidents like that

domski23

April 09, 2012 7:20 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

(Part 3/3) Marquez knowingly put Tom Luthi into a position of danger and I think that he and race control are a disgrace. I suppose Luthi has to fall off and break a collarbone like Pedrosa did at Le Mans last year. (edited after reading Sam's following post) Just to clarify my position regarding Le Mans, in my opinion Pedrosa is 100% at fault and Simoncelli made him look like a novice pulling off one of the best passes ever. Pedrosa, the lighter rider on the better bike, brakes first and yet he still can't slow down enough, meanwhile the big scary man weighs almost double that of Pedrosa, starts braking way later and comfortably makes the turn without incident - telemetry even proved Sic did exactly as he had on every other lap, but that was discounted. It was Dani's fault, he was just trying to be a pain in the arse and underestimated Sic's skill massively. Dani broke himself and then set a world record for collarbone recovery as he knew Stoner had him beaten already. The whole thing

domski23

April 10, 2012 1:26 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

@Sam I don't think it was Sic's fault. I put the blame 100% with Pedrosa, who knew he had no hope of defending 2nd place and was just being an irritant for no good reason. You wouldn't know this, but I have written thousands of words slating Pedrosa, Honda, race control and also Stoner and Lorenzo, who along with Pedrosa had gone hand in hand to complain about Simoncelli, at Le Mans before any riding took place. Not one of whom had any valid reason to complain, Lorenzo had tried to ride over Marco ar Valencia, but saw it the other way. Stoner remember went on to punch Randy de Puniet during qualifying. WTF race not-in-control were thinking when Dani made his own crash is beyond comprehension, no it was f***king digfraceful as were Honda, no doubt thinking only about Repsol's millions and therefore siding with Alberto Puig's puppet. Who will NEVER win MotoGP although Bert will always say otherwise, but "Dani just needs XYZ and I know he'll win' next year 'Dani just needs ZXY and he'll

domski23

April 10, 2012 12:58 PM

MotoGP » First CRT MotoGP wild-card entry announced

Ahh wild cards, remember them? CRT just got another tick in another box and one which I think is oh so important, I've often wondered (the answer is mostly money) why: (A) All the manufacturers don't field a satellite 1 bike 1 rider Wild Card team (this year espec, as there must be several 800s gathering dust - give someone a big break, you may unearth the next big thing. (B) Why Dorna/FIM make it a rule that all factory MotoGP manufacturers must make available at least one CRT spec machine for wild card use. Memorable wild cards for me include, Jay Vincent 250GPs, Michael Rutter Brands Hatch WSB 1994 on a RC45, Troy Bayliss 250cc GP black sponsorless factory Suzuki and fighting in the top 6 having never ridden a 250 before, Norick Abe in 1994 almost caused an upset until tipping off, Daijiro Kato won two 250cc GPs as a wildcard and then there was Marco Simoncelli on a WSB Aprilia, showing World Champ Biaggi the way around Imola. Sorry, am I still talking?

domski23

April 09, 2012 7:17 PM

MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

(Part 2/3) Luthi could have easily come a cropper at Losail, they're traveling at 175mph before hitting the brakes - which is when Marquez swerves into him - and once the rumble strip runs out, there's just yard of astro-grease about the same of grippy gravel and then a wall. The consequences of cutting another riders nose off very really can be a matter life or death. Marquez lost my respect last night, the lad is massively talented and his actions were that of a coward, he must have thought the only way he could win the race was by sending Luthi off the circuit - and he knew damn well that would happen - so for him to go ahead and pull the move I find really upsetting and disturbing.

1 2  »