Crash.Net User: BambangBikeRider

Comments rating: 126
Position in rating: 723

Show Comments on:

BambangBikeRider

September 11, 2011 3:53 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Sixth GP12 test day 'interesting'

"He would clear off the race..." Obviously, you've been starting watching motogp since 2009. Pre-2009, as anybody would remember, Rossi would qualify mid pack. And only during the race he would pass his competitors one by one. Sometimes he qualified well, only to get a bad start at the race. As far as I'm concern, he had never finish far ahead the second finisher. It all changed during 2009, where he got a serious challenge from Lorenzo. He started to qualify and start the race better. This also showed that Rossi adapt with challenges. He's smart.

BambangBikeRider

August 26, 2011 12:09 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

"Both Rossi and his crew chief have called for Ducati to run a parallel project to design an aluminium chassis to test whether such a chassis would bring an improvement. By running two different projects in parallel, the argument runs, the pace of development of the Desmosedici could greatly increased as the data from the two projects is analyzed." "He (Preziosi) reiterated that the CF chassis was not a point of dogma for Ducati. "We are open-minded. We are ready to use what we believe is better." Preziosi pointed to the fact that Ducati abandoned their iconic V twin configuration for a four-cylinder when they entered MotoGP..." If Rossi and Burgess could prove that, at least, it is easier to set up, then I hope Ducati will continue with the new frame project.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 8:51 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

Jimmy, I find it very understandable that rider's willingness to ride very close to the limit is measured by the speed and or the 'hairy' moments, by casual observer. Actually, there's a lot more to that. A rider could ride faster and also safer if the bike is well balanced. Read Furusawa interview a while back. It turned out that when the test riders said that the New M1 felt slower (therefore, I assume, also felt safer), it was actually the fastest Yamaha they'd ever tested. And anybody, including Stoner, will agree with me that CF framed Ducati is never known for its stability.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 4:53 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

Again Billy, you misunderstood my post. Never did I say that Ducati should throw parts at the bike. Actually, they already tried that and ended up using old forks. What they need to change is just the frame, cause it seems that it's the main problem of their bike (CMIIW). No matter how many parts Ducati throws at the CF, it just won't work. I was only suggesting that Ducati should give Rossi and Burgess a more conventional frame, which they are familiar with (preferably like Yamaha's), and they can start winning again. Before that, well, no matter how I like Rossi, I will never say that Rossi will be a serious contender for the World Championship.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 3:59 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

BillAce, please read posts carefully, because you seemed to have already made up your mind before you actually read them, therefore, you confuse a lot of things. I never said there's nothing wrong or doesn't count. As a matter of fact, there's something terribly wrong if a team with the size Honda couldn't come up with a decent bike since 2007. Their significant improvement just started second half of last year season. I never said that Stoner was handed a well sorted bike, as I myself don't believe that (no rider could do $#17 on that bike before Stoner). I merely said that Stoner 10 wins were won on the non CF Duke. A rider rides slower than its regular rider for the first time on a notoriously difficult bike is not totally unexpected. i did say Rossi rides the Duke without planning to cross its limit. That is within the bike's limit to me.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 2:49 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

Honda riders were mostly spent their time on the gravel in the first half of last year season. And when they got the bike sorted out, Pedrosa broke his collar bone. Hardly a yard stick you want to use to measure a rider with. Regarding Rossi rides within the bike's limit, didn't I say that? But regarding his fire is no longer there. Let's just agree to disagree. Just let the time prove it.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 2:00 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

A side note: Stoner might be the winningest rider on the 800 era (on the notorious Ducati). But he won big chunk of it on the conventional frame. He won 10 times in 2007 alone. the other wins are spread in the next 3 years. Ever since Ducati switch to CF, Stoner's position in the championship had been spiraling down.

BambangBikeRider

August 25, 2011 1:56 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: A difficult circuit

@BillAce "To think you can recommend parts and magic will happen so you don't have to push the bike outside of your comfort zone is ridiculous." I think, it is simply is not Rossi's plan to fall as many times as Stoner. "The 3 aliens are pushing the bikes they are on every corner..." To suggest that Rossi is not doing the same would be absurd. Saying the Duke is a winning bike is like showing half a picture. Sure Stoner on the Duke could win more than any rider, but then, it's because he rode it right on the limit (so he often crossed it and binned it too many times). For the fan who likes this kind or rider, of course Stoner would be the perfect idol. But I myself like consistent riders, not the winningest rider, because it wins championship. Remember Hayden? He might won just a couple of races in 2006, but staying up when everybody's falling down is sure count to something. And to me, his championship never mean any less.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »